On Monday, November 14, 2022, the Philadelphia Eagles (8-0) host the Washington Commanders (4-5) at Lincoln Financial Field and will aim to build on an eight-game winning streak.
Eagles vs. Commanders Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 10.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -490 odds to pick up the win, while the Commanders are listed at +390 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 43.5 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. Commanders Live?
- Game Day: Monday, November 14, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
The Eagles have been making things happen on both sides of the ball this year, as they rank third-best in total offense (391.0 yards per game) and third-best in total defense (298.8 yards allowed per game). The Eagles have been clicking on all fronts this season, as they rank second-best in scoring offense (28.1 points per game) and fourth-best in scoring defense (16.9 points allowed per game).
On defense, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking third-best by allowing only 177.4 passing yards per game. They rank ninth on offense (242.3 passing yards per game). The Eagles rank sixth in run offense (148.8 rushing yards per game) and 20th in run defense (121.4 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
The Eagles rank 12th in third-down defense this season (37.9% third-down conversion rate allowed), but they’ve been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking fourth-best in the NFL with a 45.9% third-down conversion rate. The Eagles have the second-best defense in the NFL in terms of yards per play allowed (4.7), while their offense is ranked eighth, putting up 5.8 per play. The Eagles have forced 18 total turnovers (first in NFL) this season and have turned it over three times (first in NFL) for a turnover margin of +15, the best in the NFL.
The Commanders are putting up 323.4 total yards per contest on offense this season (21st-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 330.8 total yards per game (14th-ranked). In terms of points scored the Commanders rank 26th in the NFL (17.7 points per game), and they are 16th on defense (21.3 points allowed per contest).
With 215.4 passing yards per game on offense, the Commanders rank 22nd in the NFL. On defense, they rank 18th, surrendering 217.4 passing yards per contest. With 108.0 rushing yards per game on offense, the Commanders rank 22nd in the NFL. On defense they rank 10th, allowing 113.3 rushing yards per game.
The Commanders’ third-down defense has been leading the way for the team, as they rank third-best in the NFL with a 32.8% third-down conversion rate allowed. In terms of offense, they are putting up a 34.2% third-down rate, which ranks 26th. The Commanders’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in yards per play this season, putting up 4.9, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 16th, surrendering 5.5 yards per play. The Commanders own a -4 turnover margin this season, which ranks 26th in the NFL.
Eagles vs. Commanders Injury Report
Eagles vs. Commanders Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
The Eagles have covered the spread five times over eight games with a set spread. The Eagles have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 10.5-point favorites.
Eagles games have gone over the total five times this season. The Eagles won 85.7% of the games last season when they were the moneyline favorite (6-1).
The Eagles played as a moneyline favorite of -490 or shorter in just one game last season, which they won.
Commanders Betting Insights
The Commanders have covered the spread five times over nine games with a set spread.
Games involving Commanders have hit the over three times this season. The Commanders have been underdogs in five games this season and won two (40%) of those contests.
The Commanders have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +390 odds on them winning this game.
Eagles vs. Commanders Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.1||44.6||47.5|
|Implied Total AVG||26.9||25.8||28.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-0||4-0||4-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||42.9||43.7||42.0|
|Implied Total AVG||23.0||23.6||22.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||1-2||1-1|
Players to Watch
- Jalen Hurts has 2,042 passing yards (10th in the NFL), 12 touchdowns and two interceptions this year. He has completed 68.2% of his attempts, averaging 255.3 yards per game and 8.5 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 326 yards (second on the Eagles) and added six touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 40.8 rushing yards per game.
- A.J. Brown has caught 43 passes on 70 targets for 718 total yards (sixth in the NFL) and six touchdowns. He is averaging 5.4 catches and 89.8 yards per game through eight games.
- Miles Sanders‘ output on the ground this season includes 656 yards (seventh in the NFL) and six TDs. He is averaging 82.0 yards per game and 5.0 per attempt (19th in the NFL).
- Dallas Goedert has 40 catches for 521 yards and two touchdowns. He’s been targeted 49 times in the air attack, and averages 5.0 receptions and 65.1 yards through eight games played.
- On defense, T.J. Edwards has 75 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks in 2022. His tackle total leads the Eagles and is 10th in the NFL.
- Chauncey Gardner-Johnson has 42 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and five interceptions this season.
- Javon Hargrave has totaled 26 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 6.0 sacks, and one pass defended.
- So far this season, Haason Reddick has 18 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 5.5 sacks.
- Antonio Gibson averages 36.4 rushing yards per game this year (328 total yards), while scoring two rushing touchdowns.
- Gibson has also figured into the passing game with 239 yards (26.6 per game) on 31 receptions (3.4 per game), while being targeted 38 times. He has two receiving touchdowns.
- Terry McLaurin has 38 catches for 609 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 62 times and averages 4.2 receptions per game in nine games played.
- So far this season, Curtis Samuel has caught 45 passes for 455 receiving yards with three touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 66 total times and is averaging 5.0 receptions per game over nine games played.
- Taylor Heinicke has 629 passing yards, five touchdowns and three interceptions. His completion percentage is 63.0% and he averages 209.7 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 50 rushing yards (seventh on the Commanders), while scoring one touchdown on the ground (averaging 16.7 yards per game and 4.2 per carry).
- So far in 2022, Jonathan Allen has 3.5 sacks to go with 9.0 TFL, 33 tackles, and one interception through nine games.
- Da’Ron Payne has 5.5 sacks (first on the Commanders) to go with 9.0 TFL and 35 tackles.
- Cole Holcomb has 68 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended in the 2022 campaign.
- Jamin Davis’ stat sheet includes 43 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and one pass defended in nine games
Eagles vs. Commanders Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Eagles, and we project that Eagles will cover the spread (Eagles -10.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 43.5 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. Commanders
You can bet on Eagles vs. Commanders at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. Commanders picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.