The Chicago Bears (3-10), who are in the midst of a six-game losing streak, enter into a game against the Philadelphia Eagles (12-1) on Sunday, December 18, 2022 at Soldier Field.
Eagles vs. Bears Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 9 points, with sportsbooks listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -390 odds to pick up the win, while the Bears are listed at +320 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 48.5 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. Bears Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 18, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Soldier Field
The Eagles have been shining on both sides of the ball, ranking third-best in total offense (392 yards per game) and second-best in total defense (296.8 yards allowed per game). The Eagles own the seventh-ranked defense this season (19.1 points allowed per game), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking best with 29.7 points per game.
The Eagles sport the 14th-ranked offense this season in terms of passing yards (229.8 passing yards per game), and they’ve been more effective on defense, ranking best with just 178.5 passing yards allowed per game. The Eagles sport the 18th-ranked defense this year in terms of rushing yards (118.3 rushing yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking second-best with 162.2 rushing yards per game.
The Eagles have the ninth-ranked defense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (37.6% third-down conversion rate allowed), and they’ve been better offensively, ranking fourth-best with a 46.4% third-down percentage. The Eagles have been a tough matchup for opposing teams in terms of yards per play, as they rank top-five in both offensive yards per play (fifth-best with 5.9) and yards per play allowed on defense (best at 4.8) this season. The Eagles have forced 24 total turnovers (first in NFL) this season and have turned it over 10 times (first in NFL) for a turnover margin of +14, the best in the NFL.
The Bears rank 22nd with 329.8 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 19th with 350.5 total yards allowed per game on the defensive side of the ball. The Bears’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, allowing 25.6 points per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank 19th with 20.8 points per contest.
The Bears’ passing offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, putting up 140.6 passing yards per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 11th with 204.2 passing yards surrendered per contest. The Bears’ run offense has been dominant, racking up 189.2 rushing yards per game (best) this season. Defensively, they rank 27th by allowing 146.3 rushing yards per game.
The Bears have been struggling on third down, ranking worst with a 48.7% third-down conversion percentage allowed per game. They have been more productive offensively, compiling a 45.1% third-down rate (sixth-ranked). The Bears rank 14th in yards per play (5.5), but they’ve been less effective on the other side of the ball, fourth-worst in the NFL with 5.9 yards surrendered per play. The Bears have recorded 15 forced turnovers (15th in NFL) and committed 18 turnovers (23rd in NFL) this season for a -3 turnover margin that ranks 24th in the NFL.
Eagles vs. Bears Injury Report
Eagles vs. Bears Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
The Eagles have registered an 8-5-0 record against the spread this season. In games they have played as 9-point favorites or more, the Eagles have an ATS record of 1-2.
This season, nine Eagles games have gone over the point total. The Eagles were favored on the moneyline seven total times last season. They went 6-1 in those games.
The Eagles played as a moneyline favorite of -390 or shorter in just two games last season, and they won both.
Bears Betting Insights
The Bears have covered the spread four times over 13 games with a set spread. The Bears are winless against the spread when they have played as 9-point underdogs or more (0-2).
Bears games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times this season. This season, the Bears have won two out of the 11 games, or 18.2%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Bears have a record of 1-2 when they’re set as an underdog of +320 or more by bookmakers this season.
Eagles vs. Bears Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.5||44.6||46.7|
|Implied Total AVG||26.5||25.9||27.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||12-1||6-1||6-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||42.2||42.8||41.8|
|Implied Total AVG||23.8||23.2||24.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-9||1-3||1-6|
Players to Watch
- Jalen Hurts has passed for 3,157 yards (10th in the NFL), 22 touchdowns (fifth in the NFL) and three interceptions this year. He is averaging 242.8 yards per game and 8.1 per attempt, while completing 68% of his attempts.
- To go along with his passing statistics, Hurts also has 686 rushing yards (second on the Eagles), with 10 rushing touchdowns.
- Miles Sanders averages 5.2 yards per carry (seventh in the NFL) and 82.2 yards per game, and has 1,068 total rushing yards (fifth in the NFL). He has scored 11 rushing TDs this season.
- In 13 games played, A.J. Brown is averaging 78.5 yards and five receptions per game to total 1,020 receiving yards (sixth in the NFL) and 65 catches. He’s been targeted 103 times, and has 10 receiving touchdowns (third in the NFL).
- DeVonta Smith averages 5.1 receptions and 59.6 yards per game, and has 775 total receiving yards and 66 catches. He’s gotten 95 total targets, and has caught five touchdown passes.
- On defense for the Eagles, T.J. Edwards has powered the unit with 115 tackles, eight TFL, and two sacks in 2022.
- Haason Reddick has 34 tackles, six TFL, and 10 sacks so far this season.
- Javon Hargrave has totaled 46 tackles, seven TFL, eight sacks, and one pass defended.
- Josh Sweat has 7.5 sacks (fourth on the Eagles) to go with 10 TFL and 37 tackles this year.
- David Montgomery averages 53.4 rushing yards per game this year (641 total yards), while scoring four rushing touchdowns.
- Montgomery has also been a piece of the passing game with 244 yards (20.3 per game) on 25 receptions (2.1 per game), while being targeted 30 times. He is still looking for his first receiving touchdown.
- Cole Kmet has put together a 2022 stat sheet that includes 35 catches for 408 yards and five receiving touchdowns through 13 games played. He has been on the receiving end of 50 targets and is averaging 2.7 receptions per game.
- In 13 games played this season, Equanimeous St. Brown has 17 catches (1.3 receptions per game on 2.5 targets per game) for 280 yards and one receiving touchdown.
- Dante Pettis has 202 receiving yards and two touchdowns from 14 receptions after getting 25 targets.
- So far in 2022, Jaquan Brisker has amassed three sacks to go with four TFL, 73 tackles, and one interception through 11 games.
- Nicholas Morrow has 83 tackles, eight TFL, and one pass defended.
- In the 2022 campaign, Jack Sanborn has 54 tackles, four TFL, and two sacks in 13 games.
- Kyler Gordon has one TFL, 55 tackles, and one interception over 11 games.
Eagles vs. Bears Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Eagles, and we project that Eagles will cover the spread (Eagles -9). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 48.5 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. Bears
You can bet on Eagles vs. Bears at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. Bears picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.