The San Francisco 49ers (13-4) take the field against the Philadelphia Eagles (14-3) in the NFC Championship game of the playoffs at Lincoln Financial Field on Sunday, January 29, 2023.
Eagles vs. 49ers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -150 odds to pick up the win, while the 49ers are listed at +130 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 45.5 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. 49ers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 29, 2023
- Game Time: 3:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
The Eagles have been thriving on both offense and defense, ranking third-best in total offense (389.1 yards per game) and second-best in total defense (301.4 yards allowed per game). The Eagles rank seventh in scoring defense this season (20.2 points allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the offensive side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 28.1 points per game.
On defense, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking best by allowing only 179.6 passing yards per game. They rank ninth on offense (241.5 passing yards per game). The Eagles rank 17th in run defense this season (121.7 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 147.6 rushing yards per game.
On offense, the Eagles have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fourth-best in the NFL by averaging a 45.9% third-down conversion rate. They rank 14th on defense (38.6% third-down conversion rate allowed). The Eagles have been shining on both sides of the ball in terms of yards per play, ranking fourth-best in yards per play on offense (5.9) and best in yards per play allowed on defense (4.8). The Eagles have the third-best turnover margin in the NFL at +8, forcing 27 turnovers (fourth in NFL) while turning it over 19 times (fifth in NFL).
The 49ers have been top-five on both offense and defense this season, as they rank fifth-best in total yards per game (365.6) and best in total yards surrendered per game (300.6). The 49ers’ defensive unit has been paving the way for the team, as they rank best in the NFL with 16.3 points surrendered per contest. In terms of offense, they are compiling 26.5 points per game, which ranks sixth.
The 49ers rank 13th in the NFL with 226.8 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 20th with 222.9 passing yards surrendered per game on defense. The 49ers rank eighth in the NFL with 138.8 rushing yards per game, but they’ve been carried by their defense, which ranks second-best by surrendering just 77.7 rushing yards per contest.
The 49ers are posting a 45.0% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (sixth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering a 39.0% third-down rate (16th-ranked) on defense. The 49ers have been a top-five unit on both sides of the ball this season, as they rank fourth-best in yards per play (5.9) and third-best in yards allowed per play (5.0). At +13, the 49ers have the best turnover margin in the NFL this season.
Eagles vs. 49ers Injury Report
Eagles vs. 49ers Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
Against the spread, the Eagles were 8-9-0 during the regular season. They sport an ATS record of 1-0-0 in the postseason. The Eagles have an ATS record of 9-8 as 2.5-point favorites or more (in the regular season and playoffs).
In 17 Eagles games in the regular season, 10 went over the total. Meanwhile, they have topped the point total in zero of one game in the postseason. The Eagles went 14-2 in games they were favored on the moneyline during the regular season (winning 87.5% of those games). In the postseason, they have a record of 1-0 when favored on the moneyline.
The Eagles have gone 14-2 in the regular season and playoffs in games they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -150 or shorter (87.5%).
49ers Betting Insights
49ers posted a 11-6-0 record against the spread in the regular season, and are 2-0-0 in the playoffs.
In the regular season, nine of the 49ers’ 17 games hit the over, and it’s been one of two in the postseason. The 49ers split the two games they played as underdogs in the regular season, and are 0-0 in the playoffs.
The 49ers have not been bigger underdogs, including the regular season and postseason, than their +130 moneyline odds in this game.
Eagles vs. 49ers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.4||44.1||46.9||48.0|
|Implied Team Total AVG||26.6||26.0||27.3||28.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||14-2||7-2||7-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||42.2||42.3||42.2||44.3|
|Implied Team Total AVG||23.9||24.2||23.5||25.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||12-3||8-0||4-3||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0||0-0|
Players to Watch
- Jalen Hurts ranks 10th in the NFL with 3,701 passing yards through 15 games this year, averaging 246.7 per game with a 66.5% completion percentage and 22 touchdowns against six interceptions.
- He has tacked on 760 rushing yards (50.7 per game) and 13 touchdowns on the ground.
- A.J. Brown’s 1,496 receiving yards this season (fourth in the NFL) have come from 146 targets and 88 receptions. He’s averaging 88.0 receiving yards and 5.2 catches per game, with 11 receiving touchdowns (third in the NFL).
- In 17 games, Miles Sanders has amassed 1,269 yards on the ground (fifth in the NFL), averaging 74.6 yards per game and scoring 11 touchdowns.
- DeVonta Smith has 95 receptions for 1,196 yards (ninth in the NFL) and seven touchdowns. He’s been targeted 136 times in the air attack, and averages 5.6 receptions and 70.4 yards through 17 games played.
- Over on defense, T.J. Edwards has 159 tackles, 10.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and seven passes defended in 2022.
- Haason Reddick has 16.0 sacks (second in the NFL) as well as 10.0 TFL and 48 tackles.
- Josh Sweat has put up 47 tackles, 14.0 TFL, 11.0 sacks, and one interception this year.
- So far this season, Javon Hargrave has 60 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and 11.0 sacks. He’s fifth on the Eagles in tackles.
- Christian McCaffrey averages 67.0 rushing yards per game this year (1,139 total yards to rank eighth in the NFL), while scoring eight rushing touchdowns.
- McCaffrey’s contributions include 85 receptions (5.0 per game) on 107 targets for 741 yards (43.6 per game) and five receiving touchdowns.
- Brandon Aiyuk has put together a 2022 stat sheet that includes 78 catches for 1,015 yards and eight receiving touchdowns over 17 games played. He has been on the receiving end of 113 targets and is averaging 4.6 receptions per game.
- George Kittle has totaled 765 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns (third in the NFL) on 60 receptions, while being targeted 86 times this season.
- Deebo Samuel has 56 catches for 632 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He averages 4.3 yards per game through 13 games and has been targeted 95 times.
- Nick Bosa’s 2022 output includes 49 tackles, 18.0 TFL, and 18.0 sacks in 16 games.
- Fred Warner’s stats include one interception as well as 134 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and 10 passes defended.
- Dre Greenlaw has recorded 2.0 TFL, 124 tackles, and one interception in the 2022 campaign.
- Talanoa Hufanga has intercepted four passes and also has 94 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and nine passes defended.
Eagles vs. 49ers Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Eagles, and we expect that Eagles will cover the spread (Eagles -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 45.5 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. 49ers
You can bet on Eagles vs. 49ers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. 49ers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.