The Miami Dolphins (3-1) visit a fellow AFC East foe on Sunday, October 9, 2022, when they face the New York Jets (2-2) at MetLife Stadium.
Dolphins vs. Jets Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 4 points, with bookmakers listing the Dolphins as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Dolphins have -190 odds to pick up the win, while the Jets are listed at +160 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 45.5 points.
How to Watch Dolphins vs. Jets Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
With 403.0 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL, the Dolphins have been forced to rely on their 10th-ranked offense (361.0 yards per contest) to keep them competitive. The Dolphins are totaling 24.5 points per game on offense, which ranks them ninth in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 16th, surrendering 22.8 points per contest.
The Dolphins have struggled defensively against the pass, ranking second-worst in the NFL (299.3 passing yards allowed per game) this season. However, they rank third-best on the other side of the ball, totaling 291.8 passing yards per game. While the Dolphins’ run defense ranks 11th with 103.8 rushing yards allowed per game, they’ve been worse on offense, ranking fourth-worst (69.3 rushing yards per game).
Despite sporting a bottom-five defense on third down that ranks third-worst in the NFL (50.0% third-down conversion rate), the Dolphins have put up better results on offense, ranking 10th in the NFL by putting up a 41.9% third-down conversion rate. The Dolphins have one of the most effective offensive attacks in the NFL (second in yards per play at 6.4) while their defense is one of the worst (6.2 yards allowed per play, 28th in the league). The Dolphins own the 16th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at even, forcing four turnovers (23rd in NFL) while turning it over four times (fifth in NFL).
In terms of total yards, the Jets rank ninth in the NFL (364.0 total yards per game) and 10th on defense (326.5 total yards allowed per game). The Jets are accumulating 19.0 points per game on offense this season (18th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 25.3 points per game (25th-ranked) on defense.
The Jets’ pass defense ranks 15th in the NFL with 217.8 passing yards given up per game, but they’ve been carried by their offense, which ranks fourth-best by racking up 276.5 passing yards per contest. The Jets’ rushing offense has been bottom-five this season, registering 87.5 rushing yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank 13th with 108.8 rushing yards conceded per contest.
The Jets rank 20th in third-down conversion rate (37.1%) on offense, but they’ve been less productive on the other side of the ball, ranking second-worst in the NFL with a 51.0% third-down percentage allowed. In terms of yards per play, the Jets rank 24th in the NFL (5.0) and 14th on the other side of the ball (5.4 yards allowed per play). After forcing seven turnovers (seventh in NFL) and turning the ball over nine times (28th in NFL) this season, the Jets sport the 24th-ranked turnover margin of -2.
Dolphins vs. Jets Injury Report
Dolphins vs. Jets Betting Analysis
Dolphins Betting Insights
The Dolphins have covered the spread three times over four games with a set spread.
Dolphins games have gone over the total once this season. The Dolphins put together a 5-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 71.4% of those games).
The Dolphins won all four games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -190 or shorter.
Jets Betting Insights
The Jets have put together a record of 2-2-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 4-point underdogs or more, the Jets have an ATS record of 1-2.
Games involving the Jets have hit the over twice this year. This season, the Jets have been the underdog four times and won two of those games.
This season, the Jets have won one of their three games when they’re the underdog by at least +160 on the moneyline.
Dolphins vs. Jets Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||48.3||50.3||46.3|
|Implied Total AVG||26.3||27.0||25.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||42.3||44.8||39.8|
|Implied Total AVG||23.8||25.5||22.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||0-2||2-0|
Players to Watch
- Tua Tagovailoa has 1,035 passing yards, eight touchdowns (sixth in the NFL) and three interceptions this year. He has completed 69.6% of his attempts, averaging 258.8 yards per game and 9.0 per attempt.
- Tyreek Hill has 31 catches (second in the NFL) for 477 yards (first in the NFL) and two TDs. In four games, he is averaging 7.8 catches and 119.3 yards per game.
- Jaylen Waddle has three touchdown catches this season (third in the NFL), and has 21 receptions for 381 yards (seventh in the NFL) on 35 targets, while averaging 5.3 catches and 95.3 yards per game.
- Chase Edmonds has rushed for 85 yards with two touchdowns (21.3 yards per game across four games).
- He’s added eight catches (on 11 targets) for 68 receiving yards with one touchdown. He’s averaging 17.0 receiving yards and 2.0 receptions per game.
- Over on defense, Jevon Holland has one interception to go with 20 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and three passes defended in 2022.
- Brandon Jones has 27 tackles and 1.0 sack this season. He’s second on the Dolphins in tackles.
- Jerome Baker has totaled 28 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks this year.
- This season, Melvin Ingram has eight tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks.
- Joe Flacco has thrown for 899 yards this year, with five touchdowns and three interceptions. He is completing 58.7% of his attempts while averaging 299.7 yards per game and 5.8 per attempt.
- Breece Hall has 178 rushing yards (leading the Jets) and one rushing touchdown, while averaging 44.5 yards per game and 4.7 per carry (19th in the NFL).
- Hall has added 15 receptions (3.8 per game) for 113 yards (28.3 per game) with one receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted 28 times in the passing attack.
- This season, Corey Davis has caught 15 passes for 261 receiving yards with two touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 25 total times and is averaging 3.8 receptions per game through four games played.
- Garrett Wilson has 255 receiving yards and two touchdowns from 20 receptions after getting 38 targets.
- C.J. Mosley has 1.0 TFL and 41 tackles over four games so far in 2022.
- Lamarcus Joyner has 22 tackles and two interceptions.
- Quinnen Williams has 14 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and one pass defended during the 2022 campaign.
- D.J. Reed Jr. has 1.0 TFL, 14 tackles, and one interception.
Dolphins vs. Jets Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Dolphins, and we predict that Dolphins will cover the spread (Dolphins -4). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 45.5 points.
How to Bet on Dolphins vs. Jets
You can bet on Dolphins vs. Jets at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Dolphins vs. Jets picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.