When the Tennessee Titans (7-8) host the Dallas Cowboys (11-4) on Thursday, December 29, 2022 at Nissan Stadium, they will attempt to halt a five-game losing streak.
Cowboys vs. Titans Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 12.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Cowboys as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Cowboys have -645 odds to pick up the win, while the Titans are listed at +480 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 39.5 points.
How to Watch Cowboys vs. Titans Live?
- Game Day: Thursday, December 29, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: AMAZON
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Stadium: Nissan Stadium
The Cowboys rank eighth in total offense (366.1 yards per game) and 14th in total defense (332.5 yards allowed per game) this season. Offensively, the Cowboys have been a top-five unit, ranking third-best in the NFL by compiling 28.9 points per game. They rank sixth on defense (20.2 points allowed per game).
The Cowboys rank 16th in pass offense (222.9 passing yards per game) and 10th in pass defense (202.5 passing yards allowed per game) this year. On offense, the Cowboys rank seventh in the NFL with 143.1 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 22nd in rushing yards allowed per contest (130.0).
The Cowboys sport the 13th-ranked defense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (38.3% third-down conversion rate allowed), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking fifth-best with a 46.5% third-down percentage. The Cowboys are giving up 5.1 yards per play on the defensive side of the ball (eighth in the NFL), while putting up 5.6 per play (11th in the league) on offense this season. The Cowboys have forced 30 total turnovers (first in NFL) this season and have turned it over 18 times (11th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +12, the best in the NFL.
The Titans rank third-worst in total yards per game (294.4), but they’ve been more productive defensively, ranking 23rd in the NFL with 359.7 total yards allowed per contest. The Titans are generating 17.9 points per contest on offense this season (27th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 20.8 points per game (11th-ranked) on defense.
The Titans have been outplayed on both sides of the ball in terms of passing this season, ranking third-worst in passing yards (168.6 per game) and second-worst in passing yards surrendered (279.6 per game). The Titans have been excelling on run defense, giving up only 80.1 rushing yards per game (second-best). Offensively, they rank 12th in the NFL by racking up 125.8 rushing yards per game.
The Titans’ defense has been excelling on third down, allowing a 31.8% third-down conversion rate (best). On offense, they rank 24th in the NFL with a 36.0% third-down rate. The Titans are compiling 5.2 yards per play on offense this season (21st-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 5.5 yards per play (18th-ranked) on defense. The Titans have recorded 16 forced turnovers (22nd in NFL) and committed 19 turnovers (13th in NFL) this season for a -3 turnover margin that ranks 22nd in the NFL.
Cowboys vs. Titans Injury Report
|Leighton Vander Esch||LB||Neck||Out|
Cowboys vs. Titans Betting Analysis
Cowboys Betting Insights
The Cowboys have put together a record of 9-6-0 against the spread this season. The Cowboys have yet to cover a spread when they are at least 12.5-point favorites (0-1).
This season, nine Cowboys games have gone over the point total. The Cowboys won 76.9% of the games last season when they were the moneyline favorite (10-3).
The Cowboys never played a game last season with moneyline odds of -645 or shorter.
Titans Betting Insights
The Titans are 8-7-0 against the spread this year. The Titans are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 12.5-point underdogs.
Games involving Titans have hit the over five times this year. This season, the Titans have won three out of the seven games in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Titans have played as an underdog of +480 or more once this season and lost that game.
Cowboys vs. Titans Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.8||45.4||43.9|
|Implied Total AVG||25.4||26.7||23.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-2||7-0||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-2||1-1||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||42.5||41.2||43.7|
|Implied Total AVG||23.3||21.9||24.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-4||2-4||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-4||1-0||2-4|
Players to Watch
- Dak Prescott has 2,450 passing yards in 10 games this year, averaging 245.0 per game with a 69.0% completion percentage and 20 touchdowns against 12 interceptions.
- He has also rushed for 155 yards (third on the Cowboys) and added one touchdown on the ground, while averaging 15.5 rushing yards per game.
- CeeDee Lamb has caught 91 passes (seventh in the NFL) on 135 targets for 1,207 total yards (eighth in the NFL) and eight touchdowns. He is averaging 6.1 catches and 80.5 yards per game in 15 games.
- Ezekiel Elliott‘s output on the ground this season includes 829 yards and 11 TDs. He’s averaging 63.8 yards per game and 4.1 per attempt (31st in the NFL).
- Noah Brown has put up 538 receiving yards and three touchdowns with 41 catches on 63 targets. He is averaging 2.9 receptions and 38.4 yards per game.
- On defense, Donovan Wilson has one interception to go with 91 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and two passes defended in 2022.
- Demarcus Lawrence has 6.0 sacks (third on the Cowboys) as well as 8.0 TFL and 57 tackles.
- Jayron Kearse has put up one interception and has added 67 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and five passes defended.
- Trevon Diggs has 58 tackles and three interceptions on the season.
- Derrick Henry has rushed for 13 touchdowns this year, and has put up 1,429 total rushing yards (95.3 per game and 4.5 per carry).
- Henry’s offensive contributions include 32 receptions (2.1 per game) on 40 targets for 379 yards (25.3 per game), though he has not scored a touchdown in the passing game.
- Nick Westbrook-Ikhine has 24 catches for 393 yards and three receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 46 times and averages 1.6 receptions per game in 15 games played.
- Austin Hooper has recorded 400 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 36 receptions, while being targeted 50 times on the season.
- Chigoziem Okonkwo has been targeted 38 times, resulting in 26 catches for 384 yards .
- So far in 2022, Kevin Byard has 96 tackles and two interceptions through 15 games.
- Roger McCreary has 1.0 TFL, 80 tackles, and one interception.
- Denico Autry has 26 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 8.0 sacks in the 2022 season.
- DeMarcus Walker has registered 6.5 sacks (third on the Titans) to go with 9.0 TFL and 28 tackles over 15 games.
Cowboys vs. Titans Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Cowboys, and we expect that Cowboys will cover the spread (Cowboys -12.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 39.5 points.
How to Bet on Cowboys vs. Titans
You can bet on Cowboys vs. Titans at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Cowboys vs. Titans picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.