A couple of NFC East rivals clash on Monday, September 26, 2022 at MetLife Stadium when the New York Giants (2-0) and the Dallas Cowboys (1-1) meet.
Giants vs. Cowboys Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1 point, with oddsmakers listing the Giants as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Giants have -115 odds to pick up the win, while the Cowboys are listed at -105 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 39 points.
How to Watch Giants vs. Cowboys Live?
- Game Day: Monday, September 26, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
The Giants are putting up 329.5 yards per game on offense this year (20th in NFL), and they are allowing 317.0 yards per game (12th) on defense. The Giants are compiling 20.0 points per game on offense, which ranks them 15th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank ninth, allowing 18.0 points per game. The Giants rank second-worst in passing offense (159.0 passing yards per game), but they’ve been a little better on defense, ranking 10th with 197.5 passing yards allowed per game. The Giants rank 18th in run defense this season (119.5 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on offense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 170.5 rushing yards per game. The Giants sport the 27th-ranked offense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (28.6% conversion rate), and they’ve been better defensively, ranking best with a 21.7% third-down conversion rate allowed. The Giants are putting up 5.1 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 21st in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 16th, allowing 5.6 yards per play. With three forced turnovers (10th in NFL) against two turnovers committed (10th in NFL), the Giants (+1) own the 11th-ranked turnover margin in the league.
In terms of total yards, the Cowboys rank 25th in the NFL (290.5 total yards per game) and sixth defensively (300.5 total yards allowed per game). The Cowboys have not been getting things done on offense, ranking second-worst in the NFL with 11.5 points per game. They have been more effective on defense, allowing 18.0 points per contest (ninth-ranked). The Cowboys rank 21st in the NFL with 201.5 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank sixth with 180.0 passing yards ceded per game on the defensive side of the ball. From an offensive angle, the Cowboys are accumulating 89.0 rushing yards per game (23rd-ranked). They rank 19th in the NFL on defense (120.5 rushing yards surrendered per game). The Cowboys rank second-worst in third-down conversion percentage (24.0%), but they’ve been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 13th in the NFL with a 35.5% third-down rate allowed. The Cowboys rank 27th in the NFL with 4.7 yards per play on offense, and they rank sixth with 4.7 yards surrendered per play on defense. The Cowboys have recorded one forced turnover (23rd in NFL) and committed two turnovers (10th in NFL) this season for a -1 turnover margin that ranks 19th in the NFL.
Giants vs. Cowboys Injury Report
Giants: FB Leonard Williams: Doubtful (Knee), WR Collin Johnson: Out (Achilles), OLB Kayvon Thibodeaux: Questionable (Mcl), WR Wan’Dale Robinson: Out (Knee), CB Nick McCloud: Out (Hamstring), CB Aaron Robinson: Out (Appendix), OLB Azeez Ojulari: Questionable (Calf), ILB Darrian Beavers: Out (Acl), WR Kadarius Toney: Doubtful (Hamstring), CB Justin Layne: Out (Concussion)
Cowboys: LB Micah Parsons: Questionable (Illness), DT Quinton Bohanna: Questionable (Neck), TE Dalton Schultz: Questionable (Knee), WR Michael Gallup: Questionable (Acl), OG Connor McGovern: Out (Ankle), FB Jayron Kearse: Out (Knee)
Giants vs. Cowboys Betting Analysis
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants are a perfect 2-0-0 against the spread so far this season. Games involving the Giants have yet to hit the over this season. The Giants were the moneyline favorite just one time last season, a game they lost. The Giants played as a moneyline favorite of -115 or shorter in only one game last season, which they lost.
Cowboys Betting Insights
The Cowboys have put together a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this season. The Cowboys are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 1-point underdogs. This year, no Cowboys games has hit the over. The Cowboys have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Cowboys have a record of 1-1 when they’re set as an underdog of -105 or more by oddsmakers this season.
Giants vs. Cowboys Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.8||43.5||44.0|
|Implied Total AVG||23.0||21.0||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-0||1-0||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||46.0||46.0|
|Implied Total AVG||25.5||25.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
Players to Watch
- Saquon Barkley has totaled 236 rushing yards (second in the NFL) with one touchdown (118.0 yards per game across two games). His 6.1 yards per attempt rank sixth in the league.
- Barkley has been targeted 11 times in the receiving game and has nine catches (4.5 per game) for 46 yards (23.0 per game) and zero TDs.
- Daniel Jones has passed for 364 yards, three touchdowns and one interception this year. He averages 182.0 yards per game and 6.6 per attempt, while completing 70.9%.
- He has also rushed for 46 yards (second on the Giants) without scoring a touchdown on the ground, while averaging 23.0 rushing yards per game.
- In the passing game, Sterling Shepard, has totaled 105 receiving yards and one touchdown after grabbing eight balls on 14 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 52.5 yards and 4.0 receptions in two games.
- Richie James Jr. averages 5.0 receptions and 55.0 yards per game, and has 110 total receiving yards and 10 catches. He’s gotten 12 total targets, but has yet to catch a touchdown pass.
- On defense, Julian Love has 11 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in 2022. His tackle total leads the Giants.
- Oshane Ximines has eight tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two passes defended.
- This season, Jihad Ward has recorded 2.0 TFL and 10 tackles.
- This season, Darnay Holmes has seven tackles.
- Noah Brown has registered 159 receiving yards and one touchdown on 10 receptions, while being targeted 14 times this season.
- Tony Pollard averages 25.5 rushing yards per game through two games (51 total yards), while scoring one rushing touchdown.
- Pollard has added six receptions (3.0 per game) for 69 yards (34.5 per game), without a receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted nine times in the passing attack.
- Through two games this season, Cooper Rush has racked up 299 passing yards, while throwing one touchdown against zero interceptions and completing 59.1% of his passes.
- CeeDee Lamb has been targeted 22 times, resulting in nine catches for 104 yards and zero receiving touchdowns.
- Micah Parsons has nine tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 4.0 sacks in 2022.
- Leighton Vander Esch has 1.0 sack (third on the Cowboys) to go with 1.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Donovan Wilson has 1.0 TFL, 13 tackles, and one interception in the 2022 campaign.
- Dorance Armstrong Jr.’s stat sheet includes six tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks in two games
Giants vs. Cowboys Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Giants, and we project that Giants will cover the spread (Giants -1). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 39 points.
How to Bet on Giants vs. Cowboys
You can bet on Giants vs. Cowboys at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Giants vs. Cowboys picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.