The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-9) hit the field against the Dallas Cowboys (12-5) in the NFC Wild Card round of the playoffs at Raymond James Stadium on Monday, January 16, 2023.
Cowboys vs. Buccaneers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Cowboys as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Cowboys have -140 odds to pick up the win, while the Buccaneers are listed at +120 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 45.5 points.
How to Watch Cowboys vs. Buccaneers Live?
- Game Day: Monday, January 16, 2023
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
The Cowboys rank 11th in total offense (354.9 yards per game) and 12th in total defense (330.2 yards allowed per game) this season. The Cowboys have been firing on all cylinders this season, as they rank fourth-best in scoring offense (27.5 points per game) and fifth-best in scoring defense (20.1 points allowed per game).
From an offensive standpoint, the Cowboys rank 14th in the NFL with 219.8 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank eighth in passing yards allowed per contest (200.9). The Cowboys are putting up 135.2 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them ninth in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 22nd, giving up 129.3 rushing yards per contest.
The Cowboys rank ninth in third-down defense this year (37.7% third-down conversion rate allowed), but they’ve been shining on offense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with a 45.5% third-down conversion rate. The Cowboys are surrendering 5.1 yards per play on the defensive side of the ball (seventh in the NFL), while putting up 5.4 per play (15th in the league) on offense this season. The Cowboys own the second-best turnover margin in the NFL at +10, forcing 33 turnovers (first in NFL) while turning it over 23 times (17th in NFL).
The Buccaneers rank 15th with 346.7 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 10th with 324.3 total yards ceded per game on the defensive side of the ball. From an offensive standpoint, the Buccaneers are compiling 18.4 points per contest (25th-ranked). They rank 13th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (21.1 points allowed per game).
The Buccaneers’ pass offense has been dominant, posting 269.8 passing yards per game (second-best) this season. Defensively, they rank ninth by surrendering 203.5 passing yards per game. The Buccaneers’ running game has been sputtering, ranking worst in the NFL with 76.9 rushing yards per game. They have been more productive defensively, surrendering 120.8 rushing yards per contest (15th-ranked).
With a 37.4% third-down conversion rate on offense, the Buccaneers rank 21st in the NFL. On defense, they rank sixth, giving up a 36.9% third-down rate. The Buccaneers rank 23rd in the NFL with 5.1 yards per play on offense, and they rank seventh with 5.1 yards surrendered per play on the defensive side of the ball. The Buccaneers own a -2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 20th in the NFL.
Cowboys vs. Buccaneers Injury Report
Cowboys vs. Buccaneers Betting Analysis
Cowboys Betting Insights
The Cowboys are 10-7-0 against the spread this season. In games they were favored in by 2.5 points or more so far this season, the Cowboys went 6-5 against the spread.
Cowboys games have gone over the total nine times this season. The Cowboys finished 10-3 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 76.9% of those games).
The Cowboys had a record of 10-3 when they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -140 or shorter (76.9%).
Buccaneers Betting Insights
The Buccaneers are 4-12-1 against the spread this year. The Buccaneers are winless against the spread when they are 2.5-point underdogs or more (0-3).
This season, six Buccaneers games have gone over the point total. The Buccaneers have been the underdog in three games this season, and they have failed to win any of those contests.
The Buccaneers have not won as an underdog of +120 or more on the moneyline this season in three such games.
Cowboys vs. Buccaneers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.3||45.4||43.1|
|Implied Total AVG||25.4||26.7||24.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-3||7-0||2-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-2||1-1||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||43.4||44.2||42.6|
|Implied Total AVG||24.2||24.0||24.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-6||5-3||3-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-3||0-1||0-2|
Players to Watch
- Tony Pollard’s rushing output this season includes 1,007 yards and nine TDs. He’s averaging 62.9 yards per game and 5.2 per attempt (seventh in the NFL).
- Pollard has been targeted 55 times in the passing game and has 39 catches (2.4 per game) for 371 yards (23.2 per game) and three TDs.
- Dak Prescott has passed for 2,860 yards, 23 touchdowns and 15 interceptions this year. He averages 238.3 yards per game and 7.3 per attempt, while completing 66.2%.
- He has added 182 rushing yards (15.2 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- Through 17 games played, CeeDee Lamb is averaging 79.9 yards and 6.3 receptions per game to total 1,359 receiving yards (sixth in the NFL) and 107 catches (fifth in the NFL). He’s been targeted 156 times, and has nine receiving touchdowns (sixth in the NFL).
- Ezekiel Elliott has run for 876 yards, averaging 58.4 yards per game and scoring 12 touchdowns.
- Over on defense, Micah Parsons has 64 tackles, 10.0 TFL, 12.5 sacks, and three passes defended in 2022.
- Donovan Wilson has 97 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and one interception this season. His tackle total leads the Cowboys.
- Demarcus Lawrence has collected 64 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 6.0 sacks this year. He’s fourth on the Cowboys in tackles.
- Jayron Kearse has one interception while adding 77 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and five passes defended.
- Tom Brady has passed for 4,694 yards this year (to rank third in the NFL), with 25 touchdowns (eighth in the NFL) and nine interceptions. He is completing 66.8% of his attempts while averaging 276.1 yards per game and 6.4 per attempt.
- On the ground, Brady has added one rushing touchdown and -1 rushing yards ( on the Buccaneers).
- Leonard Fournette has 668 rushing yards (leading the Buccaneers) and three rushing touchdowns, while averaging 41.8 yards per game and 3.5 per carry (45th in the NFL).
- Fournette has also collected 523 receiving yards (32.7 per game) on 73 catches (4.6 per game). He’s been targeted 83 times and has caught three touchdown passes.
- So far this season, Mike Evans has caught 77 passes for 1,124 receiving yards with six touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 128 total times and is averaging 5.1 receptions per game in 15 games played.
- Chris Godwin has 104 catches (eighth in the NFL) for 1,023 yards and three receiving touchdowns. He averages 6.9 yards per game through 15 games and has been targeted 142 times.
- Devin White has amassed 5.5 sacks (second on the Buccaneers) to go with 6.0 TFL and 124 tackles over 17 games in 2022.
- Lavonte David has 3.0 sacks in addition to his 9.0 TFL and 123 tackles over 17 games.
- Antoine Winfield Jr. has intercepted one pass on top of 80 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and three passes defended during the 2022 season.
- Mike Edwards has intercepted two passes in addition to 82 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and three passes defended.
Cowboys vs. Buccaneers Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Cowboys, and we expect that Cowboys will cover the spread (Cowboys -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45.5 points.
How to Bet on Cowboys vs. Buccaneers
You can bet on Cowboys vs. Buccaneers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Cowboys vs. Buccaneers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.