The Dallas Cowboys (0-1) stay home at AT&T Stadium on Sunday, September 18, 2022 to play the Cincinnati Bengals (0-1).
Bengals vs. Cowboys Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7 points, with sportsbooks listing the Bengals as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Bengals have -320 odds to pick up the win, while the Cowboys are listed at +265 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Bengals vs. Cowboys Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: AT&T Stadium
- The Bengals averaged 6.0 more points scored last year (27.1) than the Cowboys allowed (21.1).
- Cincinnati was 8-5 against the spread and 9-4 overall in games when it put up over 21.1 points last year.
- The average number of yards the Bengals’ offense put up and the Cowboys’ defense gave up last season was within 10.5 yards (361.5 compared to 351.0). The Bengals averaged 5.9 yards per play, while the Cowboys gave up 5.5.
- In games that Cincinnati totaled over 351.0 yards last season, the team was 6-4 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
- The Cowboys’ defense gave up an average of 112.8 yards to opposing running games last season. That is 10.3 more yards than the Bengals averaged running the football (102.5).
- When Cincinnati rushed for over 112.8 yards last season, it compiled a 5-0 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record.
- The Cowboys put an average of 31.2 points on the board last season, 9.1 more than the 22.1 the Bengals surrendered.
- Dallas was 10-1 against the spread and 9-2 overall in games when it scored over 22.1 points last season.
- The Bengals’ defense surrendered 350.9 yards per game last season, 56.1 less than the 407.0 yards accumulated by the Cowboys’ offense. The Cowboys picked up 6.0 yards per play and the Bengals conceded 5.5.
- In games that Dallas churned out more than 350.9 yards last year, the team was 11-1 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- The Cowboys accumulated 124.6 rushing yards per game last year, 22.1 more than the Bengals allowed (102.5).
- Dallas had an 11-0 ATS record and an 11-0 overall record when the team rushed for over 102.5 yards last season.
Bengals vs. Cowboys Injury Report
Bengals: DT Josh Tupou: Questionable (Shin), LB Joe Bachie: Out (Knee), C Ben Brown: Out (Biceps), TE Devin Asiasi: Questionable (Quadricep), WR Tee Higgins: Questionable (Concussion), FB Brandon Wilson: Out (Acl), LS Clark Harris: Out (Biceps)
Cowboys: OG Connor McGovern: Out (Ankle), DE Tarell Basham: Out (Thigh), QB Dak Prescott: Out (Thumb), FB Jayron Kearse: Out (Knee), WR Michael Gallup: Out (Acl)
Bengals vs. Cowboys Betting Analysis
Bengals Betting Insights
- The Bengals’ record against the spread last season was 10-7-0.
- As a 7-point favorite or more, the Bengals had one win ATS (1-2) last season.
- Cincinnati won 62.5% of the games last season when it was favored on the moneyline (5-3).
- Cincinnati had a 2-1 record last year (winning 66.7% of its games) when it played as a moneyline favorite of -320 or shorter.
- Out of 17 Bengals games last year, eight went over the total.
Cowboys Betting Insights
- Against the spread, the Cowboys were 13-4-0 last season.
- The Cowboys did not lose ATS (1-0) as underdogs of 7 points or more last year.
- Dallas won two of the four games it played as underdogs last season.
- Last season, Dallas was at least a +265 underdog on the moneyline one time, losing that contest.
- Out of the 17 Cowboys’ games last year, eight hit the over.
Bengals vs. Cowboys Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.0||47.4||44.4|
|Implied Total AVG||25.1||25.6||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-3||3-2||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-4||2-2||3-2|
|Point Total AVG||50.3||51.4||49.3|
|Implied Total AVG||28.5||29.4||27.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||10-3||5-3||5-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||0-0||2-2|
Players to Watch
- Over the course of 16 games played last year, Joe Burrow amassed 4,611 passing yards (sixth-best in the NFL), while throwing 34 touchdowns (eighth in the NFL) against 14 interceptions and completing 70.4% of his attempts.
- Burrow also rushed for two touchdowns and 118 yards.
- Joe Mixon had 1,205 rushing yards (third in the NFL) and 13 rushing touchdowns, while averaging 75.3 yards per game and 4.1 per attempt (43rd in the NFL).
- Mixon also had 42 catches for 314 yards with three receiving touchdowns. He was targeted 48 times and averaged 19.6 yards per game.
- Over the course of 17 games played last season, Ja’Marr Chase had 81 catches (4.8 receptions per game on 7.5 targets per game) for 1,455 yards (fourth in the NFL) and 13 receiving touchdowns (third in the NFL).
- Tee Higgins was targeted 110 times, resulting in 74 catches for 1,091 yards .
- In 2021, Trey Hendrickson recorded 34 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and 14.0 sacks through 16 games.
- Vonn Bell had 0.5 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL, 97 tackles, and one interception.
- Logan Wilson intercepted four passes on top of100 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and four passes defended during the 2021 season.
- Sam Hubbard totaled 7.5 sacks to go with 12.0 TFL and 62 tackles in 16 games.
- Dak Prescott last season posted 4,449 passing yards with 37 passing touchdowns, 10 interceptions and a 68.8% completion percentage.
- Prescott made a difference with his legs, too, scrambling for 146 yards and one TD.
- As part of the running attack, Ezekiel Elliott ran for 1,002 yards and 10 touchdowns on 4.2 YPC.
- As a receiver, Elliott contributed 47 catches (on 65 targets) for 287 yards and two touchdowns.
- Last year CeeDee Lamb reeled in 79 balls on 120 targets for 1,102 yards and six touchdowns.
- Dalton Schultz received 104 targets last year and turned them into 78 grabs (4.6 per game) for 808 yards and eight TDs.
- With 13.0 sacks to go with 20.0 TFL and 84 tackles in 16 games, Micah Parsons was a key player on defense.
- With two interceptions to go with 102 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and 10 passes defended in 16 games, Jayron Kearse was an important contributor on defense last season.
- In 16 games, Trevon Diggs recorded 52 tackles and 11 interceptions.
- Anthony Brown amassed 1.0 TFL, 71 tackles, and three interceptions in 16 games.
Bengals vs. Cowboys Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Cowboys, and we predict that Cowboys will cover the spread (Bengals -7). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on Bengals vs. Cowboys
You can bet on Bengals vs. Cowboys at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Bengals vs. Cowboys picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.