The Washington Commanders (7-5), who have claimed victory in three straight games, enter into a game against the New York Giants (7-4) on Sunday, December 4, 2022 at MetLife Stadium.
Commanders vs. Giants Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Commanders as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Commanders have -135 odds to pick up the win, while the Giants are listed at +115 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 40.5 points.
How to Watch Commanders vs. Giants Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
The Commanders rank 22nd in total offense (324.9 yards per game) and seventh in total defense (310.1 yards allowed per game) this season. On offense, the Commanders rank 24th in the NFL with 19.4 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 10th in points allowed (310.1 points allowed per contest).
The Commanders are putting up 203.8 passing yards per game on offense this season (23rd in NFL), and they are giving up 201.6 passing yards per game (10th) on the defensive side of the ball. The Commanders are compiling 121.1 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 15th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank eighth, allowing 108.5 rushing yards per contest.
Defensively, the Commanders have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking fourth-best by surrendering a 33.3% third-down conversion rate. They rank 25th on offense (36.8% third-down percentage). This season, the Commanders are gaining 4.9 yards per play (27th in the league), while allowing 5.3 per play on the defensive side of the ball (11th in the NFL). With 14 forced turnovers (14th in NFL) against 14 turnovers committed (16th in NFL), the Commanders’ even turnover margin ranks 17th in the league.
The Giants are posting 331.4 total yards per game on offense this season (20th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 355.2 total yards per contest (22nd-ranked). With 20.5 points per game on offense, the Giants rank 22nd in the NFL. On defense, they rank 14th, allowing 21.1 points per contest.
The Giants rank fifth-worst in passing yards per game (180.3), but they’ve been more effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 16th in the NFL with 216.3 passing yards ceded per contest. The Giants are accumulating 151.1 rushing yards per game on offense this season (sixth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 138.9 rushing yards per contest (26th-ranked) on defense.
The Giants are putting up a 39.6% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (18th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing a 36.6% third-down rate (seventh-ranked) on defense. From an offensive perspective, the Giants are putting up 5.1 yards per play (24th-ranked). They rank 26th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (5.8 yards given up per play). At +3, the Giants own the sixth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 14 forced turnovers (14th in NFL) and 11 turnovers committed (fourth in NFL).
Commanders vs. Giants Injury Report
|Richie James Jr.||WR||Knee||Questionable|
Commanders vs. Giants Betting Analysis
Commanders Betting Insights
The Commanders have gone 8-4-0 against the spread this season. In games they were favored in by 2.5 points or more so far this season, the Commanders have gone 3-0 against the spread.
Commanders games have gone over the total four times this season. The Commanders went 3-1 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 75% of those games).
The Commanders played as a moneyline favorite of -135 or shorter in only two games last season, and they won both.
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants have compiled an 8-3-0 record against the spread this year. The Giants have an ATS record of 5-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
This season, Giants games have hit the over four times. This season, the Giants have won five out of the seven games in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Giants have a record of 4-2 in games where sportsbooks have them as underdogs of at least +115 on the moneyline.
Commanders vs. Giants Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.6||43.2||42.0|
|Implied Total AVG||23.2||23.3||23.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-1||2-0||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-3||1-2||2-1|
|Point Total AVG||43.0||42.1||44.0|
|Implied Total AVG||23.7||22.5||25.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||2-2||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-2||2-0||3-2|
Players to Watch
- Terry McLaurin has brought in 54 passes on 86 targets for 840 total yards (eighth in the NFL) and two touchdowns. He is averaging 4.5 catches and 70.0 yards per game over 12 games played.
- Curtis Samuel‘s 493 receiving yards this season have come from 72 targets and 48 receptions. He’s averaging 41.1 receiving yards and 4.0 catches per game, with three receiving touchdowns.
- Taylor Heinicke has 1,169 passing yards, seven touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He has completed 60.8% of his attempts, averaging 194.8 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt.
- He has also rushed for 61 yards (seventh on the Commanders) and added one touchdown on the ground, averaging 10.2 yards per game.
- Brian Robinson Jr. has rushed for 467 yards, averaging 58.4 yards per game and scoring two touchdowns.
- Robinson has been targeted seven times and turned those targets into six catches, 27 yards and one TD.
- Over on the defensive side, Jonathan Allen has 43 tackles, 12.0 TFL, 5.5 sacks, and one interception in 2022.
- Montez Sweat has 35 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and 7.0 sacks this season.
- This season, Da’Ron Payne has put up 6.5 sacks (second on the Commanders) to go with his 12.0 TFL and 47 tackles.
- This season, Jamin Davis has 67 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks. He’s second on the Commanders in tackles.
- Daniel Jones has passed for 2,165 yards this year, with 10 touchdowns and four interceptions. He is completing 64.6% of his attempts while averaging 196.8 yards per game and 6.9 per attempt.
- Jones has also rushed for four touchdowns and 451 yards (second on the Giants).
- Saquon Barkley averages 90.2 rushing yards per game through 11 games (992 total yards to rank fourth in the NFL), while scoring seven rushing touchdowns.
- Barkley has also picked up 223 receiving yards (20.3 per game) on 35 catches (3.2 per game). He’s been targeted 47 times and is still trying for his first receiving touchdown.
- So far this season through 11 games, Matt Breida has racked up 112 rushing yards (third on the Giants) and scored one rushing touchdown. He averages 10.2 yards per game and 3.3 per attempt.
- Chris Myarick averages 0.0 rushing yards per game over 11 games (0 total yards), but has yet to score a rushing touchdown.
- Myarick has also added seven catches (0.6 per game) for 65 yards (5.9 per game) and one receiving touchdown. He has been on the receiving end of eight targets.
- In 2022, Julian Love has put up 76 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions over 11 games.
- Dexter Lawrence has 5.0 sacks (first on the Giants) to go with 4.0 TFL and 45 tackles.
- Jihad Ward has 31 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and three passes defended during the 2022 campaign.
- Leonard Williams has 36 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.5 sacks.
Commanders vs. Giants Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Giants, and we predict that Giants will cover the spread (Commanders -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 40.5 points.
How to Bet on Commanders vs. Giants
You can bet on Commanders vs. Giants at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Commanders vs. Giants picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.