When the New York Giants (2-8) visit the Washington Commanders (4-6) on Sunday, November 19, 2023 at FedExField, they will look to stop a three-game losing streak.
Commanders vs. Giants Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Commanders as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Commanders have -395 odds to pick up the win, while the Giants are listed at +310 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 39 points.
How to Watch Commanders vs. Giants Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 19, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Landover, Maryland
- Stadium: FedExField
Despite having a bottom-five defense that ranks fourth-worst in the NFL (380.9 yards allowed per game), the Commanders have had more success on offense, ranking 16th in the NFL by putting up 334.5 yards per game. The Commanders have the 17th-ranked scoring offense this year (21.7 points per game), and they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking second-worst with 27.4 points allowed per game.
Despite having a bottom-five pass defense that ranks fourth-worst in the NFL (264.3 passing yards allowed per game), the Commanders have played better offensively, ranking 11th in the NFL by totaling 246.6 passing yards per game. While the Commanders’ run defense ranks 21st with 116.6 rushing yards allowed per game, they’ve been worse on offense, ranking fifth-worst (87.9 rushing yards per game).
The Commanders are averaging a 37.2% third-down conversion rate on offense (20th in the NFL), and they rank 14th on defense with a 38.4% third-down conversion rate allowed. Despite having a bottom-five defense in terms of yards per play that ranks fifth-worst in the NFL (5.8 yards per play allowed), the Commanders have had more success offensively, ranking 14th in the NFL by putting up 5.2 yards per play. With 13 forced turnovers (16th in NFL) against 15 turnovers committed (22nd in NFL), the Commanders’ -2 turnover margin ranks 16th in the NFL.
The Giants rank worst in total yards per game (259.2), but they’ve been more productive defensively, ranking 27th in the NFL with 368.5 total yards allowed per contest. The Giants have been outplayed on both offense and defense this season, ranking worst in points (11.8 per game) and fourth-worst in points allowed (26.6 per game).
The Giants rank worst in passing yards per game (145.6), but they’ve been more productive defensively, ranking 21st in the NFL with 237.3 passing yards allowed per contest. From an offensive perspective, the Giants are putting up 113.6 rushing yards per game (14th-ranked). They rank 24th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (131.2 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Giants’ third-down offense has been bottom-five this season, registering a 30.5% third-down percentage, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On defense, they rank ninth with a 35.4% third-down rate ceded. This season has been rough for the Giants on both offense and defense in terms of yards per play, as they are posting just 4 yards per play (worst) and surrendering 5.9 yards per play (fourth-worst). At -3, the Giants own the 19th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 10 forced turnovers (23rd in NFL) and 13 turnovers committed (15th in NFL).
Commanders vs. Giants Injury Report
|Tariq Castro-Fields||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Curtis Hodges||TE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Mitchell Tinsley||WR||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Deon Jackson||RB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Cade York||K||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Joshua Miles||OT||Gameday inactive||Out|
Commanders vs. Giants Betting Analysis
Commanders Betting Insights
The Commanders have compiled a 5-4-1 record against the spread this season.
Commanders games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season.
Giants Betting Insights
The Giants are 2-7-1 against the spread this year. The Giants have an ATS record of 1-3 when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs.
This year, Giants games have hit the over twice. This season, the Giants have won one out of the nine games in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Giants have not won as an underdog of +310 or more on the moneyline this season in four such games.
Commanders vs. Giants Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||41.5||42.5||40.8|
|Implied Team Total AVG||23.5||24.8||22.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-2||1-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-4||0-2||3-2|
|Point Total AVG||41.6||40.8||42.1|
|Implied Team Total AVG||24.6||22||26.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||0-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-8||1-3||0-5|
Players to Watch
- Sam Howell has thrown for 2,783 yards (first in the NFL), 17 touchdowns (fifth in the NFL) and nine interceptions this year. He averages 278.3 yards per game and 7 per attempt, while completing 66.5% of his passes.
- To go along with his passing statistics, Howell also has 174 rushing yards (second on the Commanders), with one rushing touchdown.
- Brian Robinson Jr.’s rushing statline this season includes 485 yards and five TDs. He’s averaging 48.5 yards per game and 4 per attempt (22nd in the NFL).
- He’s caught 20 passes (on 24 targets) for 256 receiving yards with three touchdowns. He’s averaging 25.6 receiving yards and two catches per game.
- Terry McLaurin has two touchdown catches this season, and has 51 receptions for 601 yards on 78 targets, while averaging 5.1 catches and 60.1 yards per game.
- Jahan Dotson averages 3.4 receptions and 36 yards per game, and has 360 total receiving yards and 34 catches. He’s gotten 59 total targets, and has caught three touchdown passes.
- On the defensive side for the Commanders, Kamren Curl has put up 81 tackles, three TFL, and one sack in 2023.
- Jamin Davis has two sacks (third on the Commanders) as well as four TFL, 68 tackles, and one interception.
- Benjamin St-Juste has totaled one interception and has added 49 tackles and 15 passes defended.
- Kendall Fuller has two interceptions while also adding 52 tackles and six passes defended.
- This year through seven games, Saquon Barkley has racked up 568 rushing yards (leading the Giants) and scored one rushing touchdown. He averages 81.1 yards per game and 4.1 per carry (20th in the NFL).
- Barkley’s contributions include 23 receptions (3.3 per game) on 32 targets for 105 yards (15 per game) and two receiving touchdowns.
- Darius Slayton has 337 receiving yards on 26 receptions, while being targeted 45 times.
- Tommy Devito has passed for 260 yards this year, three touchdowns and three interceptions. He is completing 57.4% of his passes while averaging 86.7 yards per game and 4.8 per attempt.
- He’s added 70 yards on the ground (fifth on the Giants), with one rushing touchdown. He’s averaging 23.3 yards per game and 4.7 per attempt.
- Wan’Dale Robinson has been targeted 36 times, resulting in 29 catches for 204 yards .
- In 2023, Bobby Okereke has put up 91 tackles, nine TFL, and one interception over 10 games.
- Micah McFadden has 0.5 sacks (fourth on the Giants) to go with nine TFL, 57 tackles, and one interception.
- Jason Pinnock has one sack (third on the Giants) in addition to his four TFL, 55 tackles, and one interception.
- Kayvon Thibodeaux’s stat sheet includes 26 tackles, eight TFL, 8.5 sacks, and one pass defended in 10 games
Commanders vs. Giants Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Commanders, and we predict that Commanders will cover the spread (Commanders -7.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 39 points.
How to Bet on Commanders vs. Giants
You can bet this Commanders vs. Giants pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Commanders vs. Giants picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.