The Indianapolis Colts (1-1-1) and the Tennessee Titans (1-2) — two AFC South foes — meet on Sunday, October 2, 2022 at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Colts vs. Titans Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Colts as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Colts have -180 odds to pick up the win, while the Titans are listed at +155 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 43 points.
How to Watch Colts vs. Titans Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
The Colts are compiling 331.3 yards per game on offense (22nd in NFL), and they rank 11th on the other side of the ball with 315.0 yards allowed per game. The Colts rank worst in scoring offense (13.3 points per game), but they’ve played slightly better on defense, ranking 15th with 20.3 points allowed per contest. From an offensive standpoint, the Colts rank 20th in the NFL with 227.0 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 16th in passing yards allowed per contest (238.0). Defensively, the Colts have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking third-best by allowing just 77.0 per game. They rank 18th on offense (104.3 rushing yards per game). The Colts rank 22nd in third-down efficiency (35.0%) on offense and 14th in third-down conversion rate allowed (35.0%) on defense this year. The Colts are gaining 4.8 yards per play (26th in the league), while allowing 4.8 per play on the defensive side of the ball (seventh in the NFL) this season. The Colts have the 26th-ranked turnover margin in the league at -3, forcing three turnovers (18th in NFL) while turning it over six times (25th in NFL).
With 302.3 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Titans rank 26th in the NFL in 2022. On defense, they rank 26th, giving up 401.3 total yards per game. The Titans’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, conceding 28.0 points per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 22nd with 17.0 points per contest. The Titans rank 23rd in the NFL with 208.3 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 24th with 256.3 passing yards surrendered per contest on defense. The Titans have been struggling in run defense, ranking fourth-worst with 145.0 rushing yards given up per game. They have been better on offense, generating 94.0 rushing yards per contest (20th-ranked). The Titans’ defense has been dominant on third down, allowing a 22.9% third-down conversion percentage (second-best). Offensively, they rank 18th in the NFL with a 36.4% third-down rate. The Titans’ defense has been struggling in terms of yards allowed per play, ranking third-worst at 6.4. They have been better on offense, compiling 5.4 yards per play (14th-ranked). The Titans have a -3 turnover margin this season, which ranks 26th in the NFL.
Colts vs. Titans Injury Report
Colts: LB Darius Leonard: Questionable (Back), OT Bernhard Raimann: Questionable (Ankle), FB Julian Blackmon: Out (Ankle), DT DeForest Buckner: Questionable (Elbow)
Titans: CB Kristian Fulton: Probable (Hamstring), WR Cody Hollister: Questionable (Back), CB Roger McCreary: Questionable (Back), DB Amani Hooker: Out (Concussion), DB Ugo Amadi: Out (Ankle), WR Kyle Philips: Questionable (Shoulder), OLB Olasunkanmi Adeniyi: Questionable (Neck), LB Zach Cunningham: Out (Elbow)
Colts vs. Titans Betting Analysis
Colts Betting Insights
The Colts have gone 1-2-0 against the spread this season. The Colts have not covered the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites. Games involving the Colts have yet to hit the over this season. The Colts went 5-3 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 62.5% of those games). When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -180 or shorter, the Colts had a 4-2 record (winning 66.7% of their games).
Titans Betting Insights
The Titans have covered the spread once in three games with a set spread. The Titans have yet to cover the spread (0-1) when they are at least 3.5-point underdogs. Titans games have gone over the total twice this season. The Titans have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Titans have played as an underdog of +155 or more once this season and lost that game.
Colts vs. Titans Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.8||51.0||44.8|
|Implied Total AVG||26.0||28.0||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1-1||0-0||0-1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||45.5||44.5||47.5|
|Implied Total AVG||26.0||24.5||29.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||1-0||0-1|
Players to Watch
- On the ground, Jonathan Taylor averages 4.7 yards per attempt (19th in the NFL) and 95.3 yards per game for 286 total rushing yards (fourth in the NFL). He has scored one rushing touchdown this season.
- Taylor has been targeted 13 times in the receiving game and has eight catches (2.7 per game) for 43 yards (14.3 per game) and zero TDs.
- Matt Ryan has passed for 769 yards, three touchdowns and four interceptions this year. He averages 256.3 yards per game and 6.6 per attempt, while completing 64.1%.
- Through two games played, Michael Pittman Jr. is averaging 96.5 yards and 8.5 receptions per game on the way to 193 receiving yards and 17 catches. He’s been targeted 22 times, and has one receiving touchdown.
- Ashton Dulin has racked up 132 receiving yards without a touchdown with nine catches on 14 targets. He is averaging 3.0 receptions and 44.0 yards per game.
- On defense, Zaire Franklin has 2.0 TFL and 30 tackles in 2022.
- Bobby Okereke has 25 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended.
- E.J. Speed has put up 13 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack this year.
- Kwity Paye has 2.0 sacks (first on the Colts) in addition to his 2.0 TFL and 13 tackles this year.
- In three games played this year, Ryan Tannehill has amassed 647 passing yards, with three touchdowns against three interceptions and completing 62.5% of his attempts.
- On the ground, Tannehill has added one rushing touchdown and 11 rushing yards (fifth on the Titans).
- Derrick Henry has 192 rushing yards (leading the Titans) and two rushing touchdowns, while averaging 64.0 yards per game and 3.6 per attempt (41st in the NFL).
- Henry also has five catches for 58 yards (sixth on the Titans). He has been targeted seven times and averages 19.3 yards per game.
- Dontrell Hilliard is averaging 11.0 rushing yards per game this season (22 total yards), but has yet to score a rushing touchdown.
- In addition to his ground game, Hilliard has pulled down four passes (on five targets) for 91 yards (third on the Titans), with two receiving touchdowns. He averages 45.5 yards per game.
- Robert Woods has nine catches for 137 yards without a receiving touchdown. He averages 3.0 yards per game through three games and has been targeted 16 times.
- Roger McCreary has 23 tackles over three games so far in 2022.
- Kevin Byard has 23 tackles and one interception.
- Amani Hooker has intercepted one pass on top of 12 tackles and two passes defended in the 2022 campaign. His interception total ranks 10th in the league.
- Jeffery Simmons has 2.0 sacks (second on the Titans) to go with eight tackles over three games.
Colts vs. Titans Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Colts, and we predict that Colts will cover the spread (Colts -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 43 points.
How to Bet on Colts vs. Titans
You can bet on Colts vs. Titans at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Colts vs. Titans picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.