The Indianapolis Colts (0-0-1) visit a fellow AFC South foe on Sunday, September 18, 2022, when they square off against the Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at TIAA Bank Field.
Colts vs. Jaguars Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with sportsbooks listing the Colts as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Colts have -150 odds to pick up the win, while the Jaguars are listed at +130 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 45 points.
How to Watch Colts vs. Jaguars Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 18, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
- The Colts put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game (26.5) as the Jaguars allowed (26.9) last season.
- Indianapolis was 7-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall last season when the team put up over 26.9 points.
- The Jaguars’ defense gave up 353.1 yards per game last year, just 6.0 yards more than the 347.1 the Colts’ offense averaged. The Colts picked up 5.6 yards per play, while the Jaguars allowed 5.6.
- Indianapolis was 6-1 against the spread and 4-3 overall when the team churned out more than 353.1 yards last year.
- The Colts averaged 149.4 yards on the ground last season, 24.3 yards more than the Jaguars allowed to opposing rushing attacks (125.1).
- Indianapolis had an 8-1 ATS record and a 9-0 overall record when the team rushed for more than 125.1 yards last season.
- The average points scored by the Jaguars last season, 14.9, was 6.6 fewer than the 21.5 the Colts gave up.
- Jacksonville was 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall last year when the team put up more than 21.5 points.
- The Jaguars’ offense gained 305.4 yards per game last season, 37.8 yards fewer than the 343.2 surrendered by the Colts’ defense. The Jaguars accumulated 5.0 yards per play, while the Colts allowed 5.6.
- Jacksonville was 1-5 against the spread and 1-5 overall when the team picked up more than 343.2 yards last year.
- The Colts allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 109.1 yards per game last year, compared to the 103.2 yards the Jaguars gained on the ground.
- Last year Jacksonville had a 2-4 ATS record and a 0-6 overall record in games the team ran for more than 109.1 yards.
Colts vs. Jaguars Injury Report
Colts: WR Michael Pittman Jr.: Out (Quad), TE Andrew Ogletree: Out (Acl), CB Kenny Moore II: Questionable (Hip), DT DeForest Buckner: Questionable (Hip), WR Alec Pierce: Out (Concussion), LB Darius Leonard: Out (Back)
Jaguars: No Injuries Listed
Colts vs. Jaguars Betting Analysis
Colts Betting Insights
- The Colts were 10-7-0 against the spread last season.
- As 3-point favorites or more, the Colts went 3-4 against the spread last year.
- Indianapolis went 5-3 in games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 62.5% of those games).
- When it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -150 or shorter, Indianapolis had a record of 4-3 (57.1%).
- Out of 17 Colts games last season, eight went over the total.
Jaguars Betting Insights
- The Jaguars covered the spread five times in 17 games last season.
- The Jaguars’ ATS record as underdogs of 3 points or greater was 4-8 last season.
- Jacksonville won three, or 20%, of the 15 games it played as underdogs last season.
- Jacksonville was 2-10 last season when entering a game as the underdog by +130 or more on the moneyline.
- In 17 Jaguars games last year, five of them hit the over.
Colts vs. Jaguars Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.9||47.9||45.6|
|Implied Total AVG||26.7||27.1||26.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-3||4-2||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-5||0-3||4-2|
|Point Total AVG||45.7||46.2||45.1|
|Implied Total AVG||26.8||26.7||26.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-12||3-5||0-7|
Players to Watch
- Jonathan Taylor averaged 106.5 rushing yards per game last year (1,811 total yards to rank first in the NFL,) while scoring 18 rushing touchdowns.
- On top of his rushing statistics, Taylor caught 40 passes (on 51 targets) for 360 yards, with two receiving touchdowns. He averaged 21.2 yards per game.
- Over the course of 17 games for the Falcons last season, Matt Ryan had 3,968 passing yards, with 20 touchdowns against 12 interceptions and completing 67.0% of his passes.
- He also added 82 rushing yards, while scoring one touchdown on the ground (averaging 4.8 yards per game and 2.1 per carry).
- Last season, Michael Pittman Jr. caught 88 passes for 1,082 receiving yards with six touchdowns in the passing game. He was targeted 129 total times and averaged 5.2 receptions per game over 17 games played.
- Nyheim Hines scored two touchdowns on the ground, while running for 276 total yards (4.9 per carry and 16.2 per game).
- Hines tacked on 40 catches (2.4 per game) for 310 yards (18.2 per game) and one receiving touchdown. He was on the receiving end of 57 targets.
- Darius Leonard intercepted four passes in addition to122 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and eight passes defended in 2021.
- Kenny Moore II had 1.0 sack in addition to his 6.0 TFL, 102 tackles, and four interceptions over 17 games.
- Bobby Okereke intercepted two passes on top of132 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and four passes defended in the 2021 season.
- DeForest Buckner put up 7.0 sacks to go with 10.0 TFL and 67 tackles in 17 games.
- Trevor Lawrence last season racked up 3,641 passing yards with 12 passing touchdowns, 17 interceptions and a 59.6% completion percentage.
- Lawrence also provided value with his legs, scrambling for 334 yards (4.6 YPC) and two touchdowns.
- As part of the running attack, James Robinson ran for 767 yards and eight touchdowns on 4.7 YPC.
- Robinson had 31 receptions (2.2 per game) for 222 yards (15.9 per game) and zero TDs.
- In 17 games with the Cardinals last year, Christian Kirk converted 103 targets into 77 catches, 982 yards and five touchdowns.
- As an important part of the passing game, Marvin Jones Jr. tallied 832 receiving yards and four touchdowns on 73 catches.
- Last year with the Falcons, Foyesade Oluokun registered 192 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and three interceptions in 17 games.
- Josh Allen, who played in 16 games, collected 7.5 sacks to go with 12.0 TFL, 71 tackles, and one interception.
- Andrew Wingard helped on defense with one interception to go along with 88 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one pass defended in 15 games.
- A significant player on defense, Tyson Campbell had two interceptions to go with 72 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 10 passes defended.
Colts vs. Jaguars Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Colts, and we expect that Colts will cover the spread (Colts -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45 points.
How to Bet on Colts vs. Jaguars
You can bet on Colts vs. Jaguars at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Colts vs. Jaguars picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.