An AFC West battle between the Kansas City Chiefs (3-1) and Las Vegas Raiders (1-3) is set for Monday, October 10, 2022 at Arrowhead Stadium.
Chiefs vs. Raiders Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Chiefs as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Chiefs have -345 odds to pick up the win, while the Raiders are listed at +285 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 52 points.
How to Watch Chiefs vs. Raiders Live?
- Game Day: Monday, October 10, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Arrowhead Stadium
The Chiefs own the 13th-ranked defense this year (329.5 yards allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking fourth-best with 384.8 yards per game. The Chiefs sport the 20th-ranked defense this season (24.0 points allowed per game), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking second-best with 32.3 points per game.
The Chiefs are totaling 267.8 passing yards per game on offense (seventh in the NFL), and they rank 27th defensively with 263.8 passing yards allowed per game. On defense, the Chiefs have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking best by surrendering only 65.8 per game. They rank 11th on offense (117.0 rushing yards per game).
On the offensive side of the ball, the Chiefs have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking third-best in the NFL by putting up a 51.1% third-down percentage. They rank 16th on defense (37.7% third-down conversion rate allowed). The Chiefs rank sixth in offensive yards per play (6.0) and eighth in yards per play allowed (5.0) this year. The Chiefs have forced four total turnovers (23rd in NFL) this season and have turned it over four times (fifth in NFL) for a turnover margin of an even, 16th-ranked in the league.
The Raiders are compiling 356.3 total yards per game on offense this season (13th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 357.0 total yards per game (22nd-ranked). The Raiders are posting 24.0 points per contest on offense this season (10th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 25.0 points per game (23rd-ranked) on defense.
With 243.3 passing yards per game on offense, the Raiders rank 13th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 22nd, giving up 253.8 passing yards per game. From an offensive standpoint, the Raiders are posting 113.0 rushing yards per game (14th-ranked). They rank 10th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (103.3 rushing yards given up per game).
The Raiders rank 13th in the NFL with a 39.6% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and 12th with a 35.4% third-down percentage allowed on the defensive side of the ball. The Raiders are compiling 5.6 yards per play on offense this season (12th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 5.8 yards per play (21st-ranked) on defense. The Raiders own a -2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 24th in the NFL.
Chiefs vs. Raiders Injury Report
Chiefs vs. Raiders Betting Analysis
Chiefs Betting Insights
The Chiefs have covered the spread twice over four games with a set spread.
Games involving the Chiefs have hit the over twice this season. The Chiefs won 12 of the 17 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (70.6%).
The Chiefs won all six games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -345 or shorter.
Raiders Betting Insights
The Raiders have covered the spread once over four games with a set spread.
Raiders games have gone over the total twice this season. The Raiders lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
The Raiders have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +285 odds on them winning this game.
Chiefs vs. Raiders Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||51.1||52.5||50.7|
|Implied Total AVG||27.8||28.0||27.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-0||0-0||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||48.9||49.0||48.8|
|Implied Total AVG||26.3||26.5||26.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-2||1-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
Players to Watch
- Patrick Mahomes II ranks seventh in the NFL with 1,106 passing yards in four games this year, averaging 276.5 per game with a 66.4% completion percentage and 11 touchdowns (first in the NFL) against two interceptions.
- To go along with his passing statistics, Mahomes also has 64 rushing yards (third on the Chiefs), but no touchdowns.
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire averages 5.1 yards per carry (14th in the NFL) and 52.0 yards per game, and has 208 total rushing yards. He has scored two rushing TDs this season.
- Edwards-Helaire has 13 receptions on 14 targets for 117 yards. He has three receiving TDs.
- In four games played, Travis Kelce is averaging 80.5 yards and 6.5 receptions per game on the way to 322 receiving yards and 26 catches (ninth in the NFL). He’s been targeted 34 times, and has three receiving touchdowns (third in the NFL).
- JuJu Smith-Schuster has 19 receptions for 224 yards and zero touchdowns. He’s been targeted 27 times in the air attack, and averages 4.8 receptions and 56.0 yards in four games played.
- Over on defense, L’Jarius Sneed has 32 tackles and 3.0 sacks in 2022.
- Nick Bolton has 37 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks so far this season. He leads the Chiefs in tackles.
- Jaylen Watson has recorded 15 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception so far this year. He’s fifth on the Chiefs in tackles.
- Chris Jones has 2.0 sacks (second on the Chiefs) to go with his 3.0 TFL and seven tackles on the season.
- Derek Carr has thrown for 1,038 yards this year (to rank 10th in the NFL), with six touchdowns (10th in the NFL) and four interceptions. He is completing 61.0% of his attempts while averaging 259.5 yards per game and 6.7 per attempt.
- He’s added 66 yards on the ground (second on the Raiders), while scoring zero rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 16.5 yards per game and 6.6 per attempt.
- Josh Jacobs averages 84.0 rushing yards per game over four games (336 total yards to rank fifth in the NFL), while scoring two rushing touchdowns.
- Jacobs also has 12 catches for 90 yards (fourth on the Raiders). He has been targeted 14 times and averages 22.5 yards per game.
- In four games played this season, Davante Adams has 26 catches (6.5 receptions per game on 11.8 targets per game) for 290 yards and three receiving touchdowns (third in the NFL).
- Mack Hollins has 17 catches for 273 yards and one receiving touchdown. He averages 4.3 yards per game in four games and has been targeted 24 times.
- Maxx Crosby has put up 4.0 sacks (first on the Raiders and sixth in the NFL) to go with 7.0 TFL and 27 tackles over four games so far in 2022.
- Nate Hobbs’ stat sheet includes 27 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two passes defended.
- Divine Deablo has recorded 37 tackles in the 2022 campaign.
- Johnathan Abram’s stat sheet includes 29 tackles and one pass defended in four games
Chiefs vs. Raiders Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Chiefs, and we project that Chiefs will cover the spread (Chiefs -7.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 52 points.
How to Bet on Chiefs vs. Raiders
You can bet on Chiefs vs. Raiders at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Chiefs vs. Raiders picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.