The Las Vegas Raiders (4-7) and the Los Angeles Chargers (6-5) — two AFC West combatants — go head to head on Sunday, December 4, 2022 at Allegiant Stadium.
Raiders vs. Chargers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Raiders as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Raiders have -135 odds to pick up the win, while the Chargers are listed at +115 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 49.5 points.
How to Watch Raiders vs. Chargers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Paradise, Nevada
- Stadium: Allegiant Stadium
The Raiders are averaging 363.5 yards per game on offense (seventh in NFL), and they rank 27th on defense with 370.6 yards allowed per game. The Raiders are averaging 24.1 points per game offensively this year (10th in NFL), and they are allowing 25.1 points per game (26th) on the other side of the ball.
The Raiders are averaging 240.7 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them eighth in the NFL. On defense, they rank 26th, allowing 253.0 passing yards per contest. The Raiders are putting up 122.8 rushing yards per game on offense (13th in the NFL), and they rank 16th defensively with 117.6 rushing yards allowed per game.
In addition to a 45.5% third-down percentage allowed on defense, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL, the Raiders have put up the 21st-ranked third-down conversion rate (39.1%) on offense. The Raiders sport the fifth-best offense this season in terms of yards per play (5.9), but they rank fifth-worst on the defensive side of the ball (5.9 yards per play allowed). The Raiders have the 22nd-ranked turnover margin in the league at -1, forcing eight turnovers (30th in NFL) while turning it over nine times (first in NFL).
The Chargers rank 14th with 348.0 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 26th with 368.7 total yards ceded per contest on defense. The Chargers’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in scoring defense this season, conceding 25.6 points per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 13th with 22.9 points per contest.
The Chargers rank sixth in the NFL with 262.2 passing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 18th with 217.3 passing yards surrendered per game on the defensive side of the ball. In terms of rushing, this season has been tough for the Chargers on both offense and defense, as they are averaging only 85.8 rushing yards per game (third-worst) and ceding 151.5 rushing yards per game (fifth-worst).
The Chargers are putting up a 43.0% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (ninth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up a 44.8% third-down rate (26th-ranked) on defense. The Chargers’ defense has been a bottom-five unit this season in terms of yards per play, surrendering 6.0, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank 22nd at 5.2 yards per play. After forcing 15 turnovers (10th in NFL) and turning the ball over 12 times (eighth in NFL) this season, the Chargers have the sixth-ranked turnover margin of +3.
Raiders vs. Chargers Injury Report
|Lester Cotton Sr.||OG||Calf||Out|
|Andrew Billings||DT||Lower leg||Questionable|
Raiders vs. Chargers Betting Analysis
Raiders Betting Insights
The Raiders have covered the spread in a matchup five times this season (5-6-0). The Raiders have an ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
Raiders games have gone over the total six times this season. The Raiders won three of the six games they were favored on the moneyline last season (50%).
The Raiders went 3-2 in games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -135 or shorter (60%).
Chargers Betting Insights
The Chargers are 6-5-0 against the spread this year. The Chargers have a perfect 3-0 ATS record when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
Games involving Chargers have hit the over five times this year. The Chargers have been listed as the underdog three times this season and have failed to win any of those games.
The Chargers have been at least a +115 moneyline underdog three times this season, but lost all of those games.
Raiders vs. Chargers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||47.3||46.5||47.8|
|Implied Total AVG||25.6||25.8||25.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-5||2-2||0-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||0-0||2-2|
|Point Total AVG||48.8||49.4||48.3|
|Implied Total AVG||26.7||27.2||26.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-2||2-2||4-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-3||0-1||0-2|
Players to Watch
- Derek Carr ranks eighth in the NFL with 2,730 passing yards in 11 games this year, averaging 248.2 per game with a 63.0% completion percentage and 18 touchdowns (eighth in the NFL) against seven interceptions.
- Davante Adams has caught 71 passes (eighth in the NFL) on 123 targets for 999 total yards (fourth in the NFL) and 10 touchdowns. He is averaging 6.5 catches and 90.8 yards per game through 11 games.
- Mack Hollins has three touchdown catches this season, and has 40 catches for 531 yards on 63 targets, while averaging 3.6 catches and 48.3 yards per game.
- Foster Moreau has 24 catches for 284 yards and two touchdowns. He’s been targeted 42 times in the air attack, and averages 2.7 receptions and 31.6 yards through nine games played.
- On the defensive side, Maxx Crosby has 67 tackles, 13.0 TFL, 10.5 sacks, and two passes defended in 2022.
- Duron Harmon has 51 tackles and two interceptions.
- Rock Ya-Sin has collected 43 tackles this year. He’s fifth on the Raiders in tackles.
- This season, Nate Hobbs has 36 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack.
- Justin Herbert has passed for 3,004 yards this year (to rank fifth in the NFL), with 19 touchdowns (fifth in the NFL) and seven interceptions. He is completing 67.4% of his passes while averaging 273.1 yards per game and 6.5 per attempt.
- He’s added 128 yards on the ground (second on the Chargers), with zero rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 11.6 yards per game and 3.6 per attempt.
- Austin Ekeler has 554 rushing yards (leading the Chargers) and seven rushing touchdowns, while averaging 50.4 yards per game and 4.3 per carry (31st in the NFL).
- Ekeler has added 80 receptions (7.3 per game) for 497 yards (45.2 per game) with five receiving touchdowns. He’s been targeted 99 times in the passing attack.
- Josh Palmer has registered 552 receiving yards and three touchdowns on 50 receptions, while being targeted 75 times on the season.
- DeAndre Carter has 452 receiving yards and three touchdowns from 38 receptions after receiving 51 targets.
- Derwin James has intercepted one pass in addition to 99 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and four passes defended in 2022.
- Khalil Mack has registered 6.5 sacks in addition to his 6.0 TFL and 34 tackles through 11 games.
- Kenneth Murray has 5.0 TFL, 47 tackles, and one interception in the 2022 season.
- Asante Samuel Jr.’s stats include one interception as well as 38 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and seven passes defended in 11 games
Raiders vs. Chargers Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Raiders, and we predict that Chargers will cover the spread (Raiders -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 49.5 points.
How to Bet on Raiders vs. Chargers
You can bet on Raiders vs. Chargers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Raiders vs. Chargers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.