The Los Angeles Chargers (0-0) and the Las Vegas Raiders (0-0) — two AFC West combatants — play on Sunday, September 11, 2022 at SoFi Stadium.
Chargers vs. Raiders Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Chargers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Chargers have -170 odds to pick up the win, while the Raiders are listed at +145 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 52.5 points.
How to Watch Chargers vs. Raiders Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Inglewood, California
- Stadium: SoFi Stadium
- The Chargers’ average points scored last season (27.9) and the Raiders’ average points allowed (25.8) were within 2.1 points.
- Los Angeles was 7-4 against the spread and 8-3 overall last season when the team notched over 25.8 points.
- The Chargers had a 53.0-yard advantage in yards gained versus yards allowed last year compared to the Raiders (390.2 to 337.2). The Chargers averaged 5.9 yards per play, while the Raiders gave up 5.2 per play.
- In games that Los Angeles totaled over 337.2 yards last year, the team was 8-7 against the spread and 9-6 overall.
- The Chargers averaged 107.9 yards on the ground last season, just 6.4 yards fewer than the Raiders allowed to opposing rushing attacks (114.3).
- Last year Los Angeles had a 2-3 ATS record and a 3-2 overall record in games the team ran for over 114.3 yards.
- The average points scored by the Raiders last year, 22.0, was 5.0 fewer than the 27.0 the Chargers conceded.
- When Las Vegas recorded more than 27.0 points last year, it was 5-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- The Raiders’ offense accumulated 363.8 yards per game last season, within 3.7 yards of the 360.1 the Chargers’ defense conceded. The Raiders picked up 5.7 yards per play and the Chargers gave up 5.6.
- When Las Vegas amassed more than 360.1 yards last season, the team was 5-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- The Chargers allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 138.9 yards per game last season, compared to the 95.1 yards the Raiders gained on the ground.
- Las Vegas had a 3-1 ATS record and a 4-0 overall record when the team ran for over 138.9 yards last year.
Chargers vs. Raiders Injury Report
Chargers: No Injuries Listed
Raiders: No Injuries Listed
Chargers vs. Raiders Betting Analysis
Chargers Betting Insights
- The Chargers had eight wins in 17 games against the spread last year.
- The Chargers’ ATS record as 3.5-point favorites or more was 3-4 last season.
- Los Angeles won 45.5% of the games last season when it was the moneyline favorite (5-6).
- Los Angeles went 4-3 last year (winning 57.1% of its games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -170 or shorter.
- Last year, 10 of the Chargers’ 17 games went over the point total.
Raiders Betting Insights
- Against the spread, the Raiders were 8-9-0 last season.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 3.5 points or greater, the Raiders went 5-2 last season.
- Las Vegas won seven, or 63.6%, of the 11 games it played as underdogs last season.
- Las Vegas entered six games last season as the underdog by +145 or more and were 5-1 in those contests.
- Out of the 17 Raiders’ games last season, eight went over the total.
Chargers vs. Raiders Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||49.3||49.7||48.9|
|Implied Total AVG||27.1||27.3||26.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-6||5-3||0-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-2||0-1||3-1|
|Point Total AVG||47.6||48.1||47.2|
|Implied Total AVG||25.9||25.4||26.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-2||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||7-4||3-2||4-2|
Players to Watch
- In 17 games played last year, Justin Herbert racked up 5,014 passing yards (second-best in the NFL), while throwing 38 touchdowns (third in the NFL) against 15 interceptions and completing 65.9% of his passes.
- Herbert also rushed for three touchdowns and 302 yards.
- Austin Ekeler had 911 rushing yards and 12 rushing touchdowns, while averaging 56.9 yards per game and 4.4 per attempt (28th in the NFL).
- Ekeler added 70 receptions (4.4 per game) for 647 yards (40.4 per game) with eight receiving touchdowns. He was targeted 94 times in the passing game.
- In 16 games played last season, Mike Williams had 76 catches (4.8 receptions per game on 8.1 targets per game) for 1,146 yards and nine receiving touchdowns (ninth in the NFL).
- Keenan Allen was targeted 157 times, resulting in 106 catches (seventh in the NFL) for 1,138 yards .
- Derwin James amassed 2.0 sacks to go with 7.0 TFL, 118 tackles, and two interceptions over 15 games in 2021.
- Joey Bosa had 51 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 10.5 sacks.
- J.C. Jackson had 2.0 TFL, 58 tackles, and eight interceptions during his 2021 campaign for the Patriots.
- Kyle Van Noy registered 5.0 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL, 66 tackles, and one interception in 16 games for the Patriots.
- In addition to his 4,804 passing yards and 68.4% completion percentage last season, Derek Carr connected on 23 touchdowns against 14 interceptions.
- Davante Adams was an important contributor last season for the Packers, piling up 1,553 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns on 123 receptions.
- Josh Jacobs piled up 872 rushing yards (58.1 yards per game) and nine touchdowns while averaging 4.0 yards per carry.
- As a receiver, Jacobs caught 54 balls on 64 targets for 348 yards and zero touchdowns.
- Hunter Renfrow received 128 targets last season and turned them into 103 receptions (6.1 per game) for 1,038 yards and nine TDs.
- With 5.0 TFL and 154 tackles in 15 games, Denzel Perryman was a significant contributor on defense.
- With 40 tackles, 12.0 TFL, 10.5 sacks, and four passes defended in 15 games, Chandler Jones was an important contributor on the Cardinals’ defense last season.
- Maxx Crosby delivered 55 tackles, 13.0 TFL, 8.0 sacks, and seven passes defended in 17 games.
- Johnathan Abram was a key contributor on D last season, with one interception to go with 116 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and four passes defended.
Chargers vs. Raiders Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Chargers, and we project that Chargers will cover the spread (Chargers -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 52.5 points.
How to Bet on Chargers vs. Raiders
You can bet on Chargers vs. Raiders at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Chargers vs. Raiders picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.