The Jacksonville Jaguars (9-8) take the field against the Los Angeles Chargers (10-7) in the AFC Wild Card round of the playoffs at TIAA Bank Field on Saturday, January 14, 2023.
Chargers vs. Jaguars Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Chargers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Chargers have -140 odds to pick up the win, while the Jaguars are listed at +120 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 47.5 points.
How to Watch Chargers vs. Jaguars Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
The Chargers are totaling 359.3 yards per game on offense this year (ninth in NFL), and they are allowing 346.1 yards per game (20th) on defense. Offensively, the Chargers rank 13th in the NFL with 23.0 points per game. Meanwhile, they rank 21st in points allowed (346.1 points allowed per contest).
The Chargers own the seventh-ranked defense this season in terms of passing yards (200.3 allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking third-best with 269.6 passing yards per game. With 89.6 offensive rushing yards per game (third-worst) and 145.8 rushing yards allowed per game on defense (fifth-worst), the Chargers have been struggling on both sides of the ball this year in the running game.
The Chargers rank eighth in third-down efficiency (43.6%) on offense and 17th in third-down conversion rate allowed (39.2%) on defense this season. Despite having a bottom-five defense in terms of yards per play that ranks fourth-worst in the NFL (5.9 yards per play allowed), the Chargers have put up better results on offense, ranking 17th in the NFL by totaling 5.3 yards per play. With 24 forced turnovers (11th in NFL) against 19 turnovers committed (fifth in NFL), the Chargers’ +5 turnover margin ranks seventh in the league.
The Jaguars rank 10th with 357.4 total yards per game on offense, and they rank 24th with 353.3 total yards ceded per contest on defense. From an offensive angle, the Jaguars are posting 23.8 points per contest (10th-ranked). They rank 12th in the NFL defensively (20.6 points given up per game).
The Jaguars have been struggling in pass defense, ranking fifth-worst with 238.5 passing yards allowed per game. They have been better on the other side of the ball, generating 232.9 passing yards per contest (10th-ranked). The Jaguars rank 14th in the NFL with 124.5 rushing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 12th with 114.8 rushing yards surrendered per game on the defensive side of the ball.
The Jaguars have been struggling on third down, ranking fourth-worst with a 43.2% third-down conversion rate allowed per game. They have been better offensively, compiling a 41.9% third-down rate (ninth-ranked). The Jaguars rank seventh in the NFL with 5.7 yards per play on offense, and they rank 15th with 5.4 yards surrendered per play on the defensive side of the ball. The Jaguars own a +5 turnover margin this season, which ranks seventh in the NFL.
Chargers vs. Jaguars Injury Report
Chargers vs. Jaguars Betting Analysis
Chargers Betting Insights
The Chargers have covered the spread in a game 11 times this season (11-6-0). The Chargers are 6-5 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
Games involving the Chargers have hit the over six times this season. The Chargers won five of the 11 games they were favored on the moneyline last season (45.5%).
The Chargers finished 4-6 last year (winning 40% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -140 or shorter.
Jaguars Betting Insights
The Jaguars have covered the spread eight times this year (8-9-0). The Jaguars are 7-3 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
This year, Jaguars games have hit the over eight times. This season, the Jaguars have won seven out of the 13 games, or 53.8%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Jaguars have a record of 6-3 in games where oddsmakers have them as underdogs of at least +120 on the moneyline.
Chargers vs. Jaguars Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||47.7||48.7||46.9|
|Implied Total AVG||26.2||26.8||25.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-2||4-2||5-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-5||1-1||0-4|
|Point Total AVG||44.0||43.7||44.3|
|Implied Total AVG||24.1||23.6||24.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||1-2||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||7-6||4-1||3-5|
Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert has 4,739 passing yards (second in the NFL), 25 touchdowns (eighth in the NFL) and 10 interceptions this year. He has completed 68.2% of his passes, averaging 278.8 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt.
- Austin Ekeler‘s rushing output this season includes 915 yards and 13 TDs. He is averaging 53.8 yards per game and 4.5 per attempt (22nd in the NFL).
- Ekeler has 107 catches on 128 targets for 722 yards. He has five receiving TDs.
- In the passing attack, Keenan Allen, has contributed with 752 receiving yards and four touchdowns after hauling in 66 balls on 89 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 75.2 yards and 6.6 receptions in 10 games.
- Josh Palmer has 72 catches for 769 yards and three touchdowns. He’s been targeted 107 times in the passing game, and averages 4.5 receptions and 48.1 yards through 16 games played.
- Over on defense, Drue Tranquill has 142 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 5.5 sacks, and one interception in 2022.
- Derwin James has 114 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and two interceptions this season.
- Kenneth Murray has recorded 75 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception this year.
- This season, Khalil Mack has 50 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 7.5 sacks.
- In 17 games played this year, Trevor Lawrence has racked up 4,113 passing yards (ninth-best in the NFL), with 25 touchdowns (eighth in the NFL) against eight interceptions and completing 66.3% of his passes.
- On the ground, Lawrence has added five rushing touchdowns and 291 rushing yards (second on the Jaguars).
- Travis Etienne averages 66.2 rushing yards per game over 17 games (1,125 total yards to rank ninth in the NFL), while scoring five rushing touchdowns.
- Etienne also has 35 catches for 316 yards (fifth on the Jaguars). He has been targeted 45 times and averages 18.6 yards per game.
- Through 17 games played this season, Christian Kirk has 84 catches (4.9 receptions per game on 7.8 targets per game) for 1,108 yards and eight receiving touchdowns.
- Zay Jones has 823 receiving yards and five touchdowns from 82 receptions after receiving 121 targets.
- Foyesade Oluokun has recorded 2.0 sacks to go with 11.0 TFL and 184 tackles through 17 games in 2022.
- Rayshawn Jenkins has three interceptions on top of 112 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and 12 passes defended.
- Josh Allen has recorded 6.0 sacks (first on the Jaguars) as well as 9.0 TFL and 58 tackles in the 2022 campaign.
- Devin Lloyd has totaled 113 tackles and three interceptions.
Chargers vs. Jaguars Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Jaguars, and we expect that Jaguars will cover the spread (Chargers -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 47.5 points.
How to Bet on Chargers vs. Jaguars
You can bet on Chargers vs. Jaguars at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Chargers vs. Jaguars picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.