The Indianapolis Colts (4-9-1), who are in the midst of a four-game losing streak, head into a bout against the Los Angeles Chargers (8-6) on Monday, December 26, 2022 at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Chargers vs. Colts Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 4 points, with bookmakers listing the Chargers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Chargers have -200 odds to pick up the win, while the Colts are listed at +170 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 45 points.
How to Watch Chargers vs. Colts Live?
- Game Day: Monday, December 26, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
The Chargers are compiling 357.9 yards per game on offense (10th in NFL), and they rank 21st on defense with 354.5 yards allowed per game. The Chargers are putting up 22.3 points per game on offense this year (13th in NFL), and they are allowing 24.3 points per game (26th) on defense.
The Chargers have the 11th-ranked defense this year in terms of passing yards (208.9 allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking second-best with 274.2 passing yards per game. The Chargers have been a bottom-five run offense this year, ranking second-worst with 83.7 rushing yards per game. On the defensive side of the ball, they are ranked 27th in the NFL (145.6 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Chargers rank 12th in third-down efficiency (42%) on offense and 24th in third-down percentage allowed (41.6%) on defense this season. In addition to 5.9 yards per play allowed on defense, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL, the Chargers have put up the 20th-ranked yards-per-play average on offense (5.2). The Chargers have the ninth-ranked turnover margin in the league at +3, forcing 18 turnovers (15th in NFL) while turning it over 15 times (second in NFL).
From an offensive standpoint, the Colts are generating 319.6 total yards per contest (24th-ranked). They rank 11th in the NFL on defense (329.3 total yards given up per game). The Colts have been struggling on offense, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with 17.5 points per game. They have been better on the other side of the ball, allowing 24.1 points per contest (25th-ranked).
The Colts rank 19th in the NFL with 214.4 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 10th with 205.6 passing yards surrendered per game on defense. With 105.2 rushing yards per game on offense, the Colts rank 24th in the NFL. On defense they rank 20th, giving up 123.7 rushing yards per contest.
With a 35.2% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Colts rank 27th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank sixth, giving up a 36.8% third-down rate. The Colts’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in yards per play this season, registering 4.8, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank seventh, giving up 5.1 yards per play. The Colts have fared poorly in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of -12 is second-worst in the NFL.
Chargers vs. Colts Injury Report
|Kenny Moore II||CB||Ankle||Out|
Chargers vs. Colts Betting Analysis
Chargers Betting Insights
The Chargers have put together an 8-6-0 record against the spread this season. The Chargers are 1-3 ATS when playing as at least 4-point favorites.
Chargers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season. The Chargers won 50% of the games last season when they were favored on the moneyline (6-6).
In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -200 or shorter, the Chargers had a 3-1 record (winning 75% of their games).
Colts Betting Insights
The Colts are 6-8-0 against the spread this season. The Colts have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
Colts games have gone over the total five times this year. The Colts have been underdogs in eight games this season and won three (37.5%) of those contests.
This season, the Colts have won one of their four games when they’re the underdog by at least +170 on the moneyline.
Chargers vs. Colts Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||49||49.7||48.4|
|Implied Total AVG||26.7||27.1||26.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-2||3-2||4-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||1-1||0-3|
|Point Total AVG||43.4||43.4||43.4|
|Implied Total AVG||24||23.8||24.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-4-1||1-3||0-1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-5||1-1||2-4|
Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert has 4,019 passing yards (fifth in the NFL), 21 touchdowns and nine interceptions this year. He has completed 67.5% of his passes, averaging 287.1 yards per game and 6.7 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 145 rushing yards (10.4 per game) without a touchdown on the ground.
- Austin Ekeler averages 4.2 yards per carry (28th in the NFL) and 49.4 yards per game, and has 692 total rushing yards. He has scored nine rushing TDs this season.
- Ekeler’s 116 targets as part of the passing attack have resulted in 95 catches (6.8 per game) for 635 yards (45.4 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Mike Williams has four touchdown catches this season, and has 48 catches for 693 yards on 74 targets, while averaging 4.8 catches and 69.3 yards per game.
- Josh Palmer averages 5.1 receptions and 54.9 yards per game, and has 714 total receiving yards and 66 catches. He’s gotten 97 total targets, and has caught three touchdown passes.
- On the defensive side, Drue Tranquill has 4.5 sacks (second on the Chargers) to go with six TFL, 116 tackles, and one interception in 2022.
- Derwin James has 105 tackles, five TFL, four sacks, and one interception this season.
- Khalil Mack has put up 45 tackles, six TFL, 6.5 sacks, and two passes defended.
- This season, Kenneth Murray has 64 tackles, six TFL, and one interception.
- Matt Ryan is averaging 6.6 passing yards per attempt (27th in the NFL) and 254.8 yards per game this year, completing 67% of his passes on the way to 3,057 total yards, 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions through 12 games.
- On the ground, Ryan has added one rushing touchdown and 70 rushing yards (fourth on the Colts).
- Michael Pittman Jr. has 86 catches (ninth in the NFL) for 815 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 121 times and averages 6.6 receptions per game in 13 games played.
- Through 14 games played this season, Parris Campbell has 52 catches (3.7 receptions per game on 5.1 targets per game) for 510 yards and three receiving touchdowns.
- Alec Pierce has 510 receiving yards and two touchdowns from 32 receptions after getting 64 targets.
- In 2022, Zaire Franklin has amassed 139 tackles, nine TFL, and one sack through 14 games.
- Bobby Okereke has totaled four TFL and 118 tackles through 14 games.
- DeForest Buckner has 60 tackles, eight TFL, and 6.5 sacks in the 2022 season.
- Rodney McLeod has six TFL, 72 tackles, and one interception.
Chargers vs. Colts Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Colts, and we predict that Colts will cover the spread (Chargers -4). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45 points.
How to Bet on Chargers vs. Colts
You can bet on Chargers vs. Colts at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Chargers vs. Colts picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.