On Sunday, November 27, 2022, the Arizona Cardinals (4-7) challenge the Los Angeles Chargers (5-5) at State Farm Stadium.
Chargers vs. Cardinals Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with oddsmakers listing the Chargers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Chargers have -145 odds to pick up the win, while the Cardinals are listed at +125 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 48.5 points.
How to Watch Chargers vs. Cardinals Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 27, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Glendale, Arizona
- Stadium: State Farm Stadium
The Chargers are averaging 351.7 yards per game on offense (13th in NFL), and they rank 25th defensively with 369.0 yards allowed per game. The Chargers have the 14th-ranked scoring offense this season (22.7 points per game), and they’ve been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-worst with 25.8 points allowed per game.
The Chargers are averaging 263.8 passing yards per game offensively this year (sixth in NFL), and they are giving up 220.5 passing yards per game (18th) on the other side of the ball. It’s been a hard stretch for the Chargers in terms of running the ball, as they rank third-worst in rushing offense (87.9 rushing yards per game) and third-worst in rushing defense (148.5 rushing yards per game allowed) in 2022.
The Chargers are putting up a 42.8% third-down percentage on offense (10th in the NFL), and they rank 25th on the other side of the ball with a 43.8% third-down conversion rate allowed. In addition to 6.0 yards per play allowed on defense, which ranks third-worst in the NFL, the Chargers have posted the 20th-ranked yards-per-play average on offense (5.2). With 13 forced turnovers (16th in NFL) against 12 turnovers committed (11th in NFL), the Chargers (+1) own the ninth-ranked turnover margin in the league.
The Cardinals are compiling 331.9 total yards per game on offense this season (19th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 360.3 total yards per game (24th-ranked). The Cardinals have not been getting things done defensively, ranking third-worst with 26.9 points given up per game. They have been more productive on the other side of the ball, compiling 21.8 points per contest (18th-ranked).
In terms of passing, the Cardinals rank 16th in the NFL (223.0 passing yards per game) and 23rd on the other side of the ball (245.4 passing yards allowed per game). With 108.9 rushing yards per game on offense, the Cardinals rank 21st in the NFL. Defensively they rank 14th, giving up 114.9 rushing yards per game.
The Cardinals have been struggling on third down, ranking fifth-worst with a 44.9% third-down conversion percentage allowed per game. They have been better offensively, putting up a 36.4% third-down rate (26th-ranked). The Cardinals’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in yards per play this season, putting up 4.8, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 22nd, allowing 5.8 yards per play. After forcing 14 turnovers (ninth in NFL) and turning the ball over 11 times (seventh in NFL) this season, the Cardinals sport the sixth-ranked turnover margin of +3.
Chargers vs. Cardinals Injury Report
Chargers vs. Cardinals Betting Analysis
Chargers Betting Insights
The Chargers have put together a record of 6-4-0 against the spread this season. The Chargers are 2-3 ATS when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
Chargers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season. The Chargers won 50% of the games last season when they were favored on the moneyline (6-6).
When they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -145 or shorter, the Chargers had a record of 4-6 (40%).
Cardinals Betting Insights
The Cardinals are 5-6-0 against the spread this year. The Cardinals are 3-4 ATS when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
Cardinals games have gone over the total six times this season. This season, the Cardinals have been the underdog eight times and won three of those games.
The Cardinals have a record of 2-5 in games where oddsmakers have them as underdogs of at least +125 on the moneyline.
Chargers vs. Cardinals Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||48.8||49.4||48.1|
|Implied Total AVG||26.8||27.2||26.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-2||2-2||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-3||0-1||0-2|
|Point Total AVG||47.3||47.8||46.7|
|Implied Total AVG||25.6||26.3||24.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-2||1-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-5||0-4||3-1|
Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert ranks sixth in the NFL with 2,730 passing yards in 10 games this year, averaging 273.0 per game with a 66.6% completion percentage and 16 touchdowns (ninth in the NFL) against seven interceptions.
- Austin Ekeler averages 4.3 yards per carry (37th in the NFL) and 53.4 yards per game, and has 534 total rushing yards. He has scored seven rushing TDs this season.
- Ekeler has 69 receptions on 84 targets for 437 yards. He has four receiving TDs.
- Josh Palmer has three touchdown catches this season, and has 45 catches for 496 yards on 68 targets, while averaging 5.0 catches and 55.1 yards per game.
- Gerald Everett averages 3.8 receptions and 40.4 yards per game, and has 364 total receiving yards and 34 catches. He’s gotten 55 total targets, and has caught two touchdown passes.
- On defense, Derwin James has 91 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 4.0 sacks in 2022. His tackle total leads the Chargers.
- Drue Tranquill has 87 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, and one interception so far this season. He’s second on the Chargers in tackles.
- Khalil Mack has totaled 31 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 6.5 sacks this year.
- Asante Samuel Jr. has one interception while also adding 36 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and seven passes defended.
- Kyler Murray has passed for 2,168 yards this year, with 12 touchdowns and six interceptions. He is completing 66.7% of his attempts while averaging 240.9 yards per game and 6.0 per attempt.
- On the ground, Murray has added two rushing touchdowns and 359 rushing yards (first on the Cardinals).
- James Conner has 356 rushing yards (second on the Cardinals) and four rushing touchdowns, while averaging 44.5 yards per game and 3.7 per attempt (54th in the NFL).
- Conner also has 24 catches for 151 yards (seventh on the Cardinals). He has been targeted 32 times and averages 18.9 yards per game.
- So far this season, Marquise Brown has caught 43 passes for 485 receiving yards with three touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted 64 total times and is averaging 7.2 receptions per game in six games played.
- DeAndre Hopkins has 487 receiving yards and two touchdowns from 45 receptions after receiving 58 targets.
- In 2022, Zaven Collins has recorded 72 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and one interception through 11 games.
- Budda Baker has 85 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception. He leads the Cardinals in tackles.
- Over the 2022 campaign, Isaiah Simmons has 52 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and one interception in 11 games.
- Jalen Thompson’s stat sheet includes one interception as well as 62 tackles and seven passes defended in 11 games
Chargers vs. Cardinals Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is the Cardinals, and we project that Cardinals will cover the spread (Chargers -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 48.5 points.
How to Bet on Chargers vs. Cardinals
You can bet on Chargers vs. Cardinals at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Chargers vs. Cardinals picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.