The Los Angeles Rams (1-1) and the Arizona Cardinals (1-1) — two NFC West opponents — square off on Sunday, September 25, 2022 at State Farm Stadium.
Rams vs. Cardinals Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Rams as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Rams have -180 odds to pick up the win, while the Cardinals are listed at +155 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 48.5 points.
How to Watch Rams vs. Cardinals Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Glendale, Arizona
- Stadium: State Farm Stadium
The Rams are averaging 290.0 yards per game on offense (26th in NFL), and they rank 16th on the other side of the ball with 337.0 yards allowed per game. The Rams rank 14th in scoring offense (20.5 points per game) and 27th in scoring defense (29.0 points allowed per game) this year. The Rams are totaling 231.5 passing yards per game on offense (15th in the NFL), and they rank 16th on defense with 231.5 passing yards allowed per game. The Rams rank second-worst in rushing offense (58.5 rushing yards per game), but they’ve been better on defense, ranking 14th with 105.5 rushing yards allowed per contest. The Rams have the fourth-best offense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (52.2% third-down percentage), but they rank worst defensively (60.0% third-down conversion rate). While the Rams’ defense ranks 22nd with 5.9 yards per play allowed, they’ve been worse on offense, ranking fourth-worst with 4.5 yards per play. The Rams have forced seven total turnovers (first in NFL) this season and have turned it over six times (31st in NFL) for a turnover margin of +1, 11th-ranked in the NFL.
The Cardinals’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in total defense this season, allowing 406.0 total yards per game, which ranks fifth-worst. Offensively, they rank 16th with 347.5 total yards per contest. The Cardinals’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, conceding 33.5 points per game, which ranks worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 10th with 25.0 points per contest. The Cardinals rank 16th in passing yards per game (224.5), but they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking second-worst in the NFL with 302.0 passing yards conceded per contest. In terms of rushing, the Cardinals rank 11th in the NFL on offense (123.0 rushing yards per game) and 13th on the other side of the ball (104.0 rushing yards allowed per contest). In terms of third-down efficiency, this season has been ugly for the Cardinals on both sides of the ball, as they are compiling a 24.0% third-down conversion percentage (second-worst) and conceding a 57.9% conversion rate (second-worst). The Cardinals’ defense has been a bottom-five unit this season in terms of yards per play, surrendering 6.4, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 23rd at 4.9 yards per play. With two forced turnovers (18th in NFL) and one turnover committed (first in NFL) this season, the Cardinals rank 11th in the NFL with a turnover margin of +1.
Rams vs. Cardinals Injury Report
Rams: C Brian Allen: Out (Knee), WR Van Jefferson: Out (Knee), DB Decobie Durant: Out (Hamstring), DB David Long Jr.: Out (Groin), DB Jordan Fuller: Questionable (Groin), CB Troy Hill: Out (Groin), OT Tremayne Anchrum: Out (Leg), OG Logan Bruss: Out (Acl), TE Brycen Hopkins: Out (Suspension)
Cardinals: RB James Conner: Questionable (Ankle), ILB Ezekiel Turner: Out (Ankle), WR Rondale Moore: Out (Hamstring)
Rams vs. Cardinals Betting Analysis
Rams Betting Insights
The Rams are winless against the spread this season (0-2-0). The Rams have yet to cover a spread when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites (0-1). Rams games have gone over the total once this season. The Rams went 10-5 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 66.7% of those games). The Rams had an 8-4 record last year (winning 66.7% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -180 or shorter.
Cardinals Betting Insights
The Cardinals have covered the spread one time over two games with a set spread. The Cardinals have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs. Cardinals games have gone over the total once this season. The Cardinals have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Cardinals are 1-1 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +155 or more on the moneyline.
Rams vs. Cardinals Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||49.0||49.0|
|Implied Total AVG||27.5||27.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||53.3||54.0||52.5|
|Implied Total AVG||29.5||30.0||29.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
Players to Watch
- Cooper Kupp‘s 236 receiving yards this season (fourth in the NFL) have come from 24 receptions (first in the NFL) on 29 targets. He’s averaging 12.0 catches and 118.0 yards per game, with three receiving touchdowns (second in the NFL).
- Matthew Stafford has 512 passing yards, four touchdowns (ninth in the NFL) and five interceptions this year. He has completed 72.7% of his passes, averaging 256.0 yards per game and 6.6 per attempt.
- Darrell Henderson has 94 rushing yards with one touchdown (47.0 yards per game through two games).
- Henderson has five receptions, 26 yards and zero TDs in the passing game.
- Allen Robinson II has five catches for 65 yards and one touchdown. He’s been targeted seven times in the air attack, and averages 2.5 receptions and 32.5 yards through two games played.
- Over on the defensive side, Ernest Jones has 19 tackles and 1.0 TFL in 2022.
- Bobby Wagner has 14 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks so far this season. He’s second on the Rams in tackles.
- Justin Hollins has totaled seven tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack this year.
- Jalen Ramsey has eight tackles and one interception on the year.
- Kyler Murray has thrown for 470 yards this year, with three touchdowns and one interception. He is completing 63.9% of his passes while averaging 235.0 yards per game and 5.7 per attempt.
- On the ground, Murray has added one rushing touchdown and 57 rushing yards (third on the Cardinals).
- Greg Dortch has 118 receiving yards and one touchdown on 11 receptions, while being targeted 13 times.
- Marquise Brown has put up 111 receiving yards and one touchdown on 10 receptions, while being targeted 17 times on the season.
- James Conner has scored one touchdown on the ground, while running for 51 total yards (3.0 per attempt and 25.5 per game).
- Conner has added seven catches (3.5 per game) for 55 yards (27.5 per game), without a receiving touchdown. He has been on the receiving end of 10 targets.
- Jalen Thompson has 19 tackles and one pass defended in 2022.
- Budda Baker has 19 tackles. He leads the Cardinals in tackles.
- Zaven Collins has 15 tackles in the 2022 campaign.
- Marco Wilson has registered nine tackles through two games.
Rams vs. Cardinals Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Cardinals, and we project that Cardinals will cover the spread (Rams -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 48.5 points.
How to Bet on Rams vs. Cardinals
You can bet on Rams vs. Cardinals at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Rams vs. Cardinals picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.