On Sunday, October 9, 2022, the Arizona Cardinals (2-2) host a streaking Philadelphia Eagles (4-0) squad at State Farm Stadium. The Eagles are looking to keep the good times rolling after winning four games in a row.
Eagles vs. Cardinals Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 5 points, with bookmakers listing the Eagles as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Eagles have -230 odds to pick up the win, while the Cardinals are listed at +195 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 49 points.
How to Watch Eagles vs. Cardinals Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Glendale, Arizona
- Stadium: State Farm Stadium
The Eagles have been a tough matchup for opposing teams, as they rank top-five in both total offense (second-best with 435.5 yards per game) and total defense (third-best with 277.3 yards allowed per game) this season. The Eagles own the ninth-ranked defense this season (17.8 points allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best with 28.8 points per game.
On offense, the Eagles rank sixth in the NFL with 270.3 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank seventh in passing yards allowed per contest (177.0). The Eagles rank ninth in run defense this season (100.3 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been shining on the offensive side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 165.3 rushing yards per game.
The Eagles rank eighth in third-down efficiency (43.3%) on offense and 21st in third-down conversion rate allowed (42.0%) on defense this year. The Eagles have been finding success on both sides of the ball in terms of yards per play, ranking fifth-best in yards per play on offense (6.1) and third-best in yards per play allowed on defense (4.5). The Eagles own the best turnover margin in the league at +8, forcing 10 turnovers (first in NFL) while turning it over two times (first in NFL).
In terms of total offense, the Cardinals rank 14th in the NFL (349.5 total yards per game) and 17th on the other side of the ball (342.8 total yards allowed per contest). The Cardinals have been sputtering on defense, ranking fifth-worst with 25.8 points surrendered per game. They have been more effective offensively, regstering 22.0 points per contest (14th-ranked).
The Cardinals rank 15th in the NFL with 237.5 passing yards per game on offense, and they rank 23rd with 255.8 passing yards ceded per contest on defense. The Cardinals have been excelling on run defense, allowing only 87.0 rushing yards per game (fifth-best). Offensively, they rank 16th in the NFL by accumulating 112.0 rushing yards per game.
The Cardinals’ third-down offense has been bottom-five this season, generating a 31.0% third-down rate, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 24th with a 43.2% third-down rate ceded. The Cardinals’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in yards per play this season, registering 4.8, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 27th, allowing 6.1 yards per play. The Cardinals sport a top-five turnover margin this season, ranking third-best at +4.
Eagles vs. Cardinals Injury Report
Eagles vs. Cardinals Betting Analysis
Eagles Betting Insights
The Eagles are 3-1-0 against the spread this season. The Eagles have an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
Eagles games have gone over the total twice this season. The Eagles finished with a 6-1 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 85.7% of those games).
The Eagles won all three games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -230 or shorter.
Cardinals Betting Insights
The Cardinals have covered the spread twice in four games with a set spread. The Cardinals are 1-1 ATS when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
This year, Cardinals games have hit the over once. The Cardinals have entered the game as underdogs four times this season and won twice.
The Cardinals have played as an underdog of +195 or more once this season and lost that game.
Eagles vs. Cardinals Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||47.4||46.5||48.3|
|Implied Total AVG||26.5||25.5||27.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||2-0||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||49.8||51.3||48.3|
|Implied Total AVG||26.5||28.0||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||0-2||2-0|
Players to Watch
- Jalen Hurts has thrown for 1,120 yards (sixth in the NFL), four touchdowns and two interceptions this year. He is averaging 280.0 yards per game and 9.1 per attempt, while completing 66.7% of his passes.
- He has tacked on 205 rushing yards (51.3 per game) and four touchdowns on the ground.
- Miles Sanders has totaled 356 rushing yards (third in the NFL) with three touchdowns (89.0 yards per game through four games). His 4.9 yards per attempt rank 16th in the NFL.
- Through four games played, A.J. Brown is averaging 101.0 yards and 6.3 receptions per game on the way to 404 receiving yards (fourth in the NFL) and 25 catches. He’s been targeted 38 times, and has one receiving touchdown.
- Devonta Smith averages 4.5 receptions and 66.5 yards per game, and has 266 total receiving yards and 18 catches. He’s gotten 27 total targets, and has caught one touchdown pass.
- Over on defense, T.J. Edwards has 33 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and two passes defended in 2022.
- Haason Reddick has 12 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 3.5 sacks this season.
- Brandon Graham has recorded 12 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks so far this year.
- Josh Sweat has 13 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks.
- Through four games played this year, Kyler Murray has totaled 991 passing yards, with five touchdowns against two interceptions and completing 65.3% of his passes.
- He’s added 91 yards on the ground (third on the Cardinals), while scoring two rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 22.8 yards per game and 3.8 per attempt.
- Marquise Brown has 30 catches (fourth in the NFL) for 339 yards (eighth in the NFL) and two receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 45 times and averages 7.5 receptions per game through four games played.
- Zach Ertz has put up 181 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 22 receptions, while being targeted 31 times this season.
- James Conner puts up 36.3 rushing yards per game over four games (145 total yards), with one rushing touchdown.
- Conner has also caught 13 passes for 95 yards (fourth on the Cardinals). He’s been targeted 18 times and averages 23.8 yards per game.
- Jalen Thompson has intercepted one pass and also has 28 tackles and two passes defended in 2022.
- Budda Baker has 32 tackles.
- Zaven Collins has 27 tackles in the 2022 campaign. He is third on the Cardinals in tackles.
- Zach Allen’s season stats include 13 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack in four games. He is fourth on the Cardinals in tackles.
Eagles vs. Cardinals Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Eagles, and we expect that Eagles will cover the spread (Eagles -5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 49 points.
How to Bet on Eagles vs. Cardinals
You can bet on Eagles vs. Cardinals at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Eagles vs. Cardinals picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.