Raymond James Stadium is where the Green Bay Packers (1-1) will trade blows with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-0) on Sunday, September 25, 2022.
Buccaneers vs. Packers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Buccaneers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Buccaneers have -120 odds to pick up the win, while the Packers are listed at +100 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Buccaneers vs. Packers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
On the defensive side of the ball, the Buccaneers have been a top-five unit, ranking fifth-best by allowing only 276.0 yards per game. They rank 24th on offense (303.5 yards per game). The Buccaneers own the 18th-ranked offense this year (19.5 points per game), and they’ve been more effective defensively, ranking best with just 6.5 points allowed per game. The Buccaneers are averaging 191.5 passing yards per game on offense this year (23rd in NFL), and they are surrendering 189.5 passing yards per game (eighth) on defense. On offense, the Buccaneers rank 13th in the NFL with 112.0 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank ninth in rushing yards allowed per contest (86.5). The Buccaneers sport the 22nd-ranked offense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (32.3% percentage), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking second-best with a 25.0% third-down percentage allowed. This season, the Buccaneers are gaining 4.8 yards per play on offense (25th in the league), while sporting the third-best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.2). With six forced turnovers (third in NFL) against two turnovers committed (10th in NFL), the Buccaneers’ +4 turnover margin is the second-best in the league.
The Packers are accumulating 376.0 total yards per game on offense this season (11th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 311.5 total yards per game (10th-ranked). In terms of points scored the Packers rank 23rd in the NFL (17.0 points per game), and they are seventh on defense (16.5 points allowed per game). The Packers’ pass defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 158.5 passing yards ceded per game. In terms of offense, they are putting up 219.0 passing yards per game, which ranks 20th. The Packers are generating 157.0 rushing yards per contest on offense this season (sixth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 153.0 rushing yards per contest (27th-ranked) on defense. The Packers’ defense has been thriving on third down, allowing a 25.0% third-down conversion rate (second-best). Offensively, they rank 11th in the NFL with a 44.4% third-down rate. The Packers rank eighth in the NFL with 5.9 yards per play on offense, and they rank 26th with 6.1 yards surrendered per play on defense. The Packers have a -2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 22nd in the NFL.
Buccaneers vs. Packers Injury Report
Buccaneers: WR Julio Jones: Questionable (Knee), WR Chris Godwin: Out (Hamstring), OT Donovan Smith: Doubtful (Elbow), TE Cade Otton: Doubtful (Personal), RB Giovani Bernard: Out (Ankle), OT Josh Wells: Out (Calf), FB Akiem Hicks: Out (Foot), WR Mike Evans: Out (Suspension), OG Aaron Stinnie: Out (Knee (acl) (mcl)), OLB Cam Gill: Out (Foot), WR Russell Gage: Questionable (Hamstring), RB Leonard Fournette: Questionable (Hamstring), WR Breshad Perriman: Questionable (Knee)
Packers: WR Sammy Watkins: Out (Hamstring), OG Elgton Jenkins: Probable (Knee), WR Christian Watson: Questionable (Hamstring), OT David Bakhtiari: Questionable (Knee), WR Randall Cobb: Questionable (Illness), TE Marcedes Lewis: Questionable (Groin)
Buccaneers vs. Packers Betting Analysis
Buccaneers Betting Insights
The Buccaneers are a perfect 2-0-0 against the spread this season. The Buccaneers are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites. This season, Buccaneers games have yet to hit the over once. The Buccaneers put together a 13-4 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 76.5% of those games). The Buccaneers had a 13-3 record last year (winning 81.2% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -120 or shorter.
Packers Betting Insights
The Packers have covered the spread once in two games with a set spread. The Packers are winless against the spread when they are 1.5-point underdogs or more (0-1). Games involving the Packers have yet to hit the over once this year. The Packers lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season. The Packers have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +100 odds on them winning this game.
Buccaneers vs. Packers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.5||46.5|
|Implied Total AVG||24.5||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||0-0||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||44.3||42.0||46.5|
|Implied Total AVG||25.0||26.0||24.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
Players to Watch
- On the ground, Leonard Fournette averages 4.3 yards per attempt (25th in the NFL) and 96.0 yards per game for 192 total rushing yards (fifth in the NFL). He’s looking to score his first rushing touchdown of the season.
- Tom Brady has passed for 402 yards, two touchdowns and one interception this year. He averages 201.0 yards per game and 6.6 per attempt, while completing 59.0%.
- In the passing attack, Breshad Perriman, has totaled 45 receiving yards and one touchdown after pulling down three balls on eight targets. Per game, he’s averaging 22.5 yards and 1.5 receptions through two games.
- Julio Jones has put up 69 receiving yards without a touchdown with three catches on five targets. He’s averaging 3.0 receptions and 69.0 yards per game.
- On the defensive side, Devin White has 19 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks in 2022.
- Shaquil Barrett has 2.0 sacks (eighth in the NFL) in addition to his 2.0 TFL and seven tackles.
- Antoine Winfield Jr. has put up 13 tackles, 1.0 sack, and one interception this year.
- Jamel Dean has nine tackles and two interceptions on the year.
- So far this year in two games, Aaron Jones has racked up 181 rushing yards (leading the Packers and sixth in the NFL) and scored one rushing touchdown. He averages 90.5 yards per game and 9.1 per attempt (second in the NFL).
- Aaron Jones’ offensive contributions include six receptions (3.0 per game) on eight targets for 65 yards (32.5 per game) and one receiving touchdown.
- A.J. Dillon has scored one rushing touchdown, while totaling 106 rushing yards (3.8 per carry and 53.0 per game).
- Dillon also has six catches for 52 yards (fourth on the Packers). He has been targeted nine times and averages 26.0 yards per game.
- Through two games this season, Aaron Rodgers has amassed 429 passing yards, with two touchdowns against one interception and completing 69.5% of his attempts.
- Romeo Doubs has six catches for 64 yards without a receiving touchdown. He averages 3.0 yards per game through two games and has been targeted eight times.
- Preston Smith’s 2022 output includes 10 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks through two games. He is third on the Packers in tackles.
- Rashan Gary has 2.0 sacks (first on the Packers and eighth in the NFL) to go with 2.0 TFL and nine tackles.
- Quay Walker has 13 tackles in the 2022 campaign. He is second on the Packers in tackles.
- Jaire Alexander’s stats include one interception (sixth in the NFL) as well as eight tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one pass defended in two games
Buccaneers vs. Packers Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Packers, and we project that Packers will cover the spread (Buccaneers -1.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on Buccaneers vs. Packers
You can bet on Buccaneers vs. Packers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Buccaneers vs. Packers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.