On Sunday, October 9, 2022, the Atlanta Falcons (2-2) hit the road for an NFC South battle against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-2) at Raymond James Stadium.
Buccaneers vs. Falcons Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 10 points, with bookmakers listing the Buccaneers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Buccaneers have -450 odds to pick up the win, while the Falcons are listed at +360 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 46 points.
How to Watch Buccaneers vs. Falcons Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 9, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
The Buccaneers are putting up 317.0 yards per game on offense this season (25th in NFL), and they are allowing 321.0 yards per game (eighth) on the other side of the ball. The Buccaneers are totaling 20.5 points per game on offense, which ranks them 16th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank sixth, allowing 17.0 points per contest.
On offense, the Buccaneers rank 10th in the NFL with 251.8 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 13th in passing yards allowed per contest (213.8). While the Buccaneers’ run defense ranks 12th with 107.3 rushing yards allowed per game, they’ve been worse on offense, ranking second-worst (65.3 rushing yards per game).
The Buccaneers are putting up a 34.6% third-down percentage on offense (24th in the NFL), and they rank 20th on the other side of the ball with a 41.7% third-down conversion rate allowed. The Buccaneers rank 19th in offensive yards per play (5.2) and sixth in yards per play allowed (4.8) this season. The Buccaneers have forced nine total turnovers (third in NFL) this season and have turned it over six times (15th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +3, the fourth-best in the league.
The Falcons rank 15th with 349.0 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 25th with 386.3 total yards allowed per contest on the defensive side of the ball. The Falcons are accumulating 25.8 points per game on offense this season (eighth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 25.3 points per game (25th-ranked) on defense.
The Falcons’ passing game has not been getting things done, ranking fourth-worst in the NFL with 181.0 passing yards per game. They have been better on defense, allowing 260.0 passing yards per contest (25th-ranked). The Falcons’ run offense has been excelling, posting 168.0 rushing yards per contest (fourth-best) this season. On defense, they rank 21st by surrendering 126.3 rushing yards per game.
With a 38.5% third-down conversion percentage on offense, the Falcons rank 16th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 25th, allowing a 44.4% third-down rate. In terms of yards per play, the Falcons rank ninth in the NFL (5.9) and 23rd on defense (5.9 yards allowed per play). With seven forced turnovers (seventh in NFL) and eight turnovers committed (27th in NFL) this season, the Falcons rank 22nd in the NFL with a turnover margin of -1.
Buccaneers vs. Falcons Injury Report
Buccaneers vs. Falcons Betting Analysis
Buccaneers Betting Insights
The Buccaneers have covered the spread two times in four games with a set spread.
Buccaneers games have gone over the total once this season. The Buccaneers won 76.5% of the games last season when they were favored on the moneyline (13-4).
In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -450 or shorter, the Buccaneers had an 8-1 record (winning 88.9% of their games).
Falcons Betting Insights
The Falcons have covered the spread four times in four games with a set spread. The Falcons are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 10-point underdogs.
Falcons games have gone over the total three times this year. This season, the Falcons have been the underdog four times and won two of those games.
The Falcons have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +360 odds on them winning this game.
Buccaneers vs. Falcons Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.5||44.5||46.5|
|Implied Total AVG||24.0||23.5||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-2||0-2||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||45.5||46.3||44.8|
|Implied Total AVG||24.3||24.0||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||1-1||1-1|
Players to Watch
- Tom Brady has thrown for 1,058 yards (ninth in the NFL), six touchdowns (10th in the NFL) and one interception this year. He is averaging 264.5 yards per game and 6.8 per attempt, while completing 68.4% of his passes.
- Mike Evans has caught 16 passes on 21 targets for 235 total yards and three touchdowns. He is averaging 5.3 catches and 78.3 yards per game through three games.
- Leonard Fournette‘s output on the ground this season includes 224 yards with no rushing touchdowns. He is averaging 56.0 yards per game and 3.7 per attempt (42nd in the NFL).
- Fournette has picked up 16 catches, 111 yards and one TD in the passing game.
- Russell Gage averages 5.3 receptions and 38.0 yards per game, and has 152 total receiving yards and 21 catches. He’s gotten 25 total targets, and has caught one touchdown pass.
- Over on defense, Devin White has 35 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks in 2022. His tackle total leads the Buccaneers.
- Mike Edwards has 1.0 sack (fifth on the Buccaneers) in addition to his 2.0 TFL, 34 tackles, and one interception.
- Antoine Winfield Jr. has collected 24 tackles, 1.0 sack, and one interception so far this year. He’s fourth on the Buccaneers in tackles.
- So far this season, Lavonte David has 29 tackles and 1.0 sack.
- In four games played this year, Marcus Mariota has amassed 779 passing yards, with three touchdowns against four interceptions and completing 58.2% of his attempts.
- He’s added 95 yards on the ground (third on the Falcons), with two rushing touchdowns. He’s averaging 23.8 yards per game and 3.2 per attempt.
- Drake London has put together a 2022 campaign that includes 18 catches for 231 yards and two receiving touchdowns over four games played. He has been on the receiving end of 32 targets and is averaging 4.5 receptions per game.
- Olamide Zaccheaus has registered 174 receiving yards and one touchdown on 10 receptions, while being targeted 10 times this season.
- Tyler Allgeier averages 46.3 rushing yards per game through three games (139 total yards), but has yet to score a rushing touchdown.
- In 2022, Mykal Walker has 33 tackles, 1.0 sack, and one interception through four games.
- Grady Jarrett’s stat sheet includes 15 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 3.5 sacks.
- Richie Grant has 1.0 TFL, 28 tackles, and one interception.
- Rashaan Evans has 35 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and two passes defended.
Buccaneers vs. Falcons Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Buccaneers, and we predict that Buccaneers will cover the spread (Buccaneers -10). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 46 points.
How to Bet on Buccaneers vs. Falcons
You can bet on Buccaneers vs. Falcons at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Buccaneers vs. Falcons picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.