The Arizona Cardinals (4-10) will have their eyes set on stopping their four-game losing streak when they challenge the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-8) at State Farm Stadium on Sunday, December 25, 2022.
Buccaneers vs. Cardinals Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Buccaneers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Buccaneers have -360 odds to pick up the win, while the Cardinals are listed at +295 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 40.5 points.
How to Watch Buccaneers vs. Cardinals Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 25, 2022
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Glendale, Arizona
- Stadium: State Farm Stadium
The Buccaneers are putting up 342.7 yards per game on offense, which ranks them 18th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank seventh, allowing 314.7 yards per game. The Buccaneers rank fifth-worst in scoring offense (17.6 points per game), but they’ve been a little better on defense, ranking 10th with 20.6 points allowed per contest.
The Buccaneers have been finding success on both offense and defense in the passing game, ranking fourth-best in passing offense (268.4 passing yards per game) and fourth-best in passing defense (194.4 passing yards allowed per game). The Buccaneers have been a bottom-five run offense this season, ranking worst with 74.3 rushing yards per contest. Defensively, they are ranked 17th in the NFL (120.4 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Buccaneers rank 20th in third-down efficiency (37.8%) on offense and 10th in third-down percentage allowed (37.7%) on defense this year. The Buccaneers are accumulating 5.0 yards per play (25th in the league), while giving up 5.1 per play on the defensive side of the ball (seventh in the NFL) this season. The Buccaneers have the fifth-worst turnover margin in the NFL at -5, forcing 13 turnovers (29th in NFL) while turning it over 18 times (17th in NFL).
In terms of total yards, the Cardinals rank 21st in the NFL (327.1 total yards per game) and 20th on defense (351.9 total yards allowed per game). The Cardinals have been struggling on defense, ranking worst with 26.6 points surrendered per game. They have been more effective offensively, generating 20.9 points per contest (18th-ranked).
With 215.4 passing yards per game on offense, the Cardinals rank 18th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 23rd, allowing 237.6 passing yards per game. In terms of rushing, the Cardinals rank 20th in the NFL on offense (111.8 rushing yards per game) and 13th on the other side of the ball (114.3 rushing yards allowed per game).
With a 35.8% third-down conversion rate on offense, the Cardinals rank 25th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 25th, giving up a 43.2% third-down rate. The Cardinals’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in yards per play this season, generating 4.8, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 18th, allowing 5.6 yards per play. At -1, the Cardinals own the 16th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 17 forced turnovers (16th in NFL) and 18 turnovers committed (17th in NFL).
Buccaneers vs. Cardinals Injury Report
|Tristan Wirfs||OT||Lower leg||Questionable|
Buccaneers vs. Cardinals Betting Analysis
Buccaneers Betting Insights
The Buccaneers are 3-10-1 against the spread this season. The Buccaneers have not covered a spread (0-3) when they are at least 7.5-point favorites.
Games involving the Buccaneers have hit the over four times this season. The Buccaneers went 13-4 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 76.5% of those games).
When they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -360 or shorter, the Buccaneers had a 9-2 record (winning 81.8% of their games).
Cardinals Betting Insights
The Cardinals have put together a 6-8-0 record against the spread this year. The Cardinals have yet to cover a spread when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs (0-1).
Games involving Cardinals have hit the over seven times this year. The Cardinals have won three, or 27.3%, of the 11 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Cardinals have played as an underdog of +295 or more once this season and lost that game.
Buccaneers vs. Cardinals Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.0||44.7||43.1|
|Implied Total AVG||24.4||24.3||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-6||4-3||2-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-2||0-1||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||46.5||47.5||45.1|
|Implied Total AVG||25.1||25.9||24.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-2||1-1||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-8||0-6||3-2|
Players to Watch
- Tom Brady has 3,897 passing yards (third in the NFL), 20 touchdowns and seven interceptions this year. He has completed 66.0% of his attempts, averaging 278.4 yards per game and 6.3 per attempt.
- Leonard Fournette averages 3.6 yards per carry (44th in the NFL) and 43.7 yards per game, and has 568 total rushing yards. He has scored three rushing TDs this season.
- Fournette’s 68 targets through the air have turned into 59 catches (4.5 per game) for 410 yards (31.5 per game) and three touchdowns.
- In the passing game, Mike Evans, has racked up 888 receiving yards and three touchdowns after grabbing 64 balls on 108 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 68.3 yards and 4.9 receptions over 13 games.
- Chris Godwin has put up 785 receiving yards and three touchdowns with 81 catches (ninth in the NFL) on 116 targets. He’s averaging 6.8 receptions and 65.4 yards per game.
- On the defensive side, Devin White has 5.5 sacks (second on the Buccaneers) to go with 6.0 TFL and 106 tackles in 2022.
- Lavonte David has 3.0 sacks in addition to his 6.0 TFL and 102 tackles.
- Carlton Davis has totaled 59 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception so far this year. He’s fourth on the Buccaneers in tackles.
- Joe Tryon has 30 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and two passes defended.
- James Conner averages 56.7 rushing yards per game this year (624 total yards), while scoring six rushing touchdowns.
- Conner’s contributions include 36 receptions (3.3 per game) on 47 targets for 228 yards (20.7 per game) and one receiving touchdown.
- DeAndre Hopkins has 63 catches for 713 yards and three receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 86 times and averages 7.9 receptions per game through eight games played.
- This season, Greg Dortch has caught 34 passes for 324 receiving yards with two touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted 39 total times and is averaging 2.6 receptions per game over 13 games played.
- Robby Anderson has 269 receiving yards and one touchdown from 19 receptions after getting 43 targets.
- Isaiah Simmons has amassed 3.0 sacks (third on the Cardinals) to go with 4.0 TFL, 74 tackles, and two interceptions over 14 games in 2022.
- Budda Baker has 1.0 TFL, 102 tackles, and two interceptions over 14 games.
- Zaven Collins has 2.0 sacks in addition to his 7.0 TFL, 88 tackles, and one interception.
- J.J. Watt has put up 9.5 sacks (first on the Cardinals) to go with 12.0 TFL and 27 tackles through 13 games.
Buccaneers vs. Cardinals Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Buccaneers, and we predict that Cardinals will cover the spread (Buccaneers -7.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 40.5 points.
How to Bet on Buccaneers vs. Cardinals
You can bet on Buccaneers vs. Cardinals at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Buccaneers vs. Cardinals picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.