As they look to end a six-game losing streak, the Houston Texans (1-9-1) host the Cleveland Browns (4-7) at NRG Stadium on Sunday, December 4, 2022.
Browns vs. Texans Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 8 points, with bookmakers listing the Browns as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Browns have -330 odds to pick up the win, while the Texans are listed at +275 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 46.5 points.
How to Watch Browns vs. Texans Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: NRG Stadium
The Browns rank 18th in total defense this year (347.6 yards allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on offense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 376.9 total yards per game. The Browns have the 11th-ranked scoring offense this season (23.9 points per game), and they’ve been less effective defensively, ranking third-worst with 26 points allowed per game.
The Browns rank 15th in pass offense (222.5 passing yards per game) and 14th in pass defense (216.1 passing yards allowed per game) this year. On the offensive side of the ball, the Browns have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by averaging 154.4 per game. They rank 23rd on defense (131.5 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Browns rank 18th in third-down efficiency (39.6%) on offense and 10th in third-down conversion rate allowed (38.5%) on defense this year. This season, the Browns are gaining 5.6 yards per play (11th in the league), while allowing 5.7 per play on the defensive side of the ball (20th in the NFL). The Browns have forced eight total turnovers (30th in NFL) this season and have turned it over 15 times (20th in NFL) for a turnover margin of -7, the fourth-worst in the league.
The Texans have plenty of room to get better, as they rank worst in total yards per game (279) and fourth-worst in total yards allowed per game (385). The Texans’ offense has been a bottom-five unit this season, compiling 15.8 points per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 22nd with 23.6 points surrendered per contest.
In terms of passing, the Texans rank 27th in the NFL (190.5 passing yards per game) and 17th on the other side of the ball (216.4 passing yards allowed per contest). The Texans have been unproductive on both offense and defense in terms of rushing this season, ranking fourth-worst in rushing yards (88.5 per game) and worst in rushing yards allowed (168.6 per game).
The Texans rank second-worst in third-down conversion percentage (28.1%), but they’ve been more productive on the other side of the ball, ranking 14th in the NFL with a 38.9% third-down rate allowed. The Texans rank third-worst in yards per play (4.8), but they’ve been more productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 20th in the NFL with 5.7 yards allowed per play. At -4, the Texans sport the 26th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 12 forced turnovers (21st in NFL) and 16 turnovers committed (24th in NFL).
Browns vs. Texans Injury Report
|Derek Stingley Jr.||DB||Hamstring||Out|
Browns vs. Texans Betting Analysis
Browns Betting Insights
The Browns are 6-5-0 against the spread this season.
This season, seven Browns games have gone over the point total. The Browns finished with a 7-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 77.8% of those games).
The Browns won all three games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -330 or shorter.
Texans Betting Insights
The Texans have covered the spread five times over 11 games with a set spread. The Texans have an ATS record of 2-0-1 when playing as at least 8-point underdogs.
Texans games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this season. The Texans have been underdogs in 11 games this season and won one (9.1%) of those contests.
This season, the Texans have been at least a +275 underdog on the moneyline three times, losing each of those contests.
Browns vs. Texans Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.6||42.3||47.4|
|Implied Total AVG||24.3||23||25.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-3||1-2||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-4||2-1||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||43.6||43.4||43.8|
|Implied Total AVG||25.6||25.2||26|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-9-1||0-4-1||1-5|
Players to Watch
- On the ground, Nick Chubb averages 5.2 yards per attempt (11th in the NFL) and 94.5 yards per game for 1,039 total rushing yards (third in the NFL). He has recorded 12 rushing touchdowns this season.
- Chubb has 23 targets, 17 receptions, 152 receiving yards and zero TDs in the passing game.
- Jacoby Brissett has thrown for 2,608 yards, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions this year. He is averaging 260.8 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt, while completing 64.1%.
- He’s rushed for 238 yards (third on the Browns) and added two touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 23.8 rushing yards per game.
- Amari Cooper has seven touchdown catches this season (fourth in the NFL), and has 57 receptions for 792 yards on 93 targets, while averaging 5.2 catches and 72 yards per game.
- In the ground game, Kareem Hunt averages 3.9 yards per attempt (42nd in the NFL) and 32.8 yards per game for 361 total rushing yards. He has recorded three rushing touchdowns this season.
- Hunt has been targeted 28 times to the tune of 23 catches, 155 yards and one TD.
- Over on defense, Myles Garrett has 28 tackles, seven TFL, 10 sacks, and two passes defended in 2022.
- Grant Delpit has 66 tackles, one TFL, and one interception this season. His tackle total leads the Browns.
- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah has recorded 60 tackles, six TFL, and three passes defended.
- John Johnson has 61 tackles, three TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two passes defended.
- Davis Mills is averaging 6.5 passing yards per attempt (27th in the NFL) and 214.4 yards per game this year, completing 61.9% of his passes on the way to 2,144 total yards, 11 touchdowns and 11 interceptions through 10 games.
- He’s added 38 yards on the ground (fourth on the Texans), while scoring one rushing touchdown. He’s averaging 3.8 yards per game and 2.2 per attempt.
- Dameon Pierce averages 71.6 rushing yards per game over 11 games (788 total yards to rank ninth in the NFL), while scoring three rushing touchdowns.
- Pierce has added 27 receptions (2.5 per game) for 143 yards (13 per game) with one receiving touchdown. He’s been targeted 36 times in the passing attack.
- So far this season in 10 games, Eno Benjamin has churned out 299 rushing yards (second on the Texans) and scored two rushing touchdowns. He averages 29.9 yards per game and 4.3 per attempt (31st in the NFL).
- In addition to his ground game, Benjamin has pulled down 24 passes (on 33 targets) for 184 yards (fifth on the Texans). He averages 18.4 yards per game.
- Nico Collins has 446 receiving yards and one touchdown from 34 receptions after getting 56 targets.
- So far in 2022, Christian Kirksey has recorded 78 tackles, four TFL, two sacks, and one interception over 11 games.
- Jalen Pitre has two interceptions on top of 77 tackles, five TFL, one sack, and three passes defended.
- Jonathan Owens has 92 tackles in the 2022 season. He leads the Texans in tackles.
- Jerry Hughes has intercepted one pass to go with 26 tackles, eight TFL, eight sacks, and one pass defended.
Browns vs. Texans Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Browns, and we project that Texans will cover the spread (Browns -8). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 46.5 points.
How to Bet on Browns vs. Texans
You can bet on Browns vs. Texans at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Browns vs. Texans picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.