On Saturday, December 24, 2022, the Cleveland Browns (6-8) and the New Orleans Saints (5-9) match up at FirstEnergy Stadium.
Browns vs. Saints Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the Browns as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Browns have -145 odds to pick up the win, while the Saints are listed at +125 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 32.5 points.
How to Watch Browns vs. Saints Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, December 24, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: FirstEnergy Stadium
The Browns are putting up 362.6 yards per game on offense (eighth in NFL), and they rank 18th on defense with 342.4 yards allowed per game. The Browns are totaling 22.4 points per game on offense, which ranks them 13th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 20th, allowing 23.3 points per game.
The Browns rank 20th in pass offense (213.6 passing yards per game) and 12th in pass defense (209.4 passing yards allowed per game) this year. On offense, the Browns have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fifth-best in the NFL by compiling 149 per game. They rank 24th on defense (133.1 rushing yards allowed per game).
From an offensive standpoint, the Browns rank 22nd in the NFL with a 37.5% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank sixth in third-down percentage allowed (36.7%). The Browns are accumulating 5.4 yards per play (15th in the league), while giving up 5.6 per play on the defensive side of the ball (18th in the NFL) this season. The Browns rank 23rd in the NFL with a -3 turnover margin after forcing 15 turnovers (22nd in the NFL) while committing 18 (17th in the NFL).
The Saints are posting 343.8 total yards per game on offense this season (17th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 327.6 total yards per contest (11th-ranked). With 20.4 points per game on offense, the Saints rank 22nd in the NFL. On defense, they rank 17th, allowing 22.5 points per contest.
In terms of passing, the Saints rank 12th in the NFL (232.4 passing yards per game) and seventh on the other side of the ball (195.1 passing yards allowed per game). In terms of rushing, the Saints rank 21st in the NFL on offense (111.4 rushing yards per game) and 23rd on defense (132.6 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Saints rank 16th in the NFL with a 40% third-down conversion rate on offense, and 22nd with a 41.4% third-down percentage allowed on defense. The Saints are putting up 5.8 yards per play on offense this season (sixth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 5.1 yards per play (seventh-ranked) on defense. The Saints have a bottom-five turnover margin this season, second-worst at -12.
Browns vs. Saints Injury Report
Browns vs. Saints Betting Analysis
Browns Betting Insights
The Browns are 8-6-0 against the spread this season. The Browns have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
This season, seven Browns games have gone over the point total. The Browns won seven of the nine games they were favored on the moneyline last season (77.8%).
The Browns went 5-2 last year (winning 71.4% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -145 or shorter.
Saints Betting Insights
The Saints have put together a record of 5-9-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Saints have an ATS record of 2-4.
This year, six Saints games have gone over the point total. This season, the Saints have been the underdog nine times and won one of those games.
The Saints have been at least a +125 moneyline underdog four times this season, but lost all of those games.
Browns vs. Saints Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||44.5||41.8||47.2|
|Implied Total AVG||24.4||22.7||26|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-2||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-5||2-1||1-4|
|Point Total AVG||43.1||43.8||42.1|
|Implied Total AVG||23.1||23.4||22.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-1||3-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-8||1-4||0-4|
Players to Watch
- Jacoby Brissett has 2,608 passing yards, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions this year. He has completed 64% of his passes, averaging 200.6 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- In addition to his passing stats, Brissett also has 241 rushing yards (third on the Browns), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Donovan Peoples-Jones has 57 receptions for 782 yards and two TDs. In 14 games, he is averaging 4.1 catches and 55.9 yards per game.
- Kareem Hunt‘s output on the ground this season includes 447 yards and three TDs. He’s averaging 31.9 yards per game and 4.1 per attempt (31st in the NFL).
- Hunt has totaled 28 catches on 36 targets for 182 yards, with one receiving TD.
- Deshaun Watson has 568 passing yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions this year. He has completed 60.9% of his passes, averaging 189.3 yards per game and 6.2 per attempt.
- In addition to his passing statistics, Watson has 76 yards rushing (fourth on the Browns), but no touchdowns.
- On the defensive side, Grant Delpit has one interception to go with 83 tackles, three TFL, and seven passes defended in 2022.
- Martin Emerson has one sack to go with one TFL and 53 tackles.
- Deion Jones has put up 33 tackles, four TFL, 2.5 sacks, and one interception so far this year.
- This season, Greg Newsome II has 37 tackles and 0.5 sacks.
- Andy Dalton has thrown for 2,403 yards this year, with 17 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He is completing 66.8% of his passes while averaging 218.5 yards per game and 7.6 per attempt.
- Alvin Kamara has scored one rushing touchdown, while totaling 641 rushing yards (3.9 per carry and 53.4 per game).
- Kamara has also collected 446 receiving yards (37.2 per game) on 53 catches (4.4 per game). He’s been targeted 70 times and has caught two touchdown passes.
- Taysom Hill has recorded 66 receiving yards and two touchdowns on seven receptions, while being targeted 11 times this season.
- Juwan Johnson has been targeted 55 times, resulting in 35 catches for 416 yards (seventh in the NFL).
- Demario Davis has intercepted one pass and also has 91 tackles, eight TFL, seven sacks, and five passes defended in 2022.
- Tyrann Mathieu has two interceptions on top of 70 tackles, two TFL, one sack, and seven passes defended.
- Over the 2022 season, Kaden Elliss has 60 tackles, four TFL, and 5.5 sacks through 14 games.
- Cameron Jordan has 47 tackles, eight TFL, five sacks, and two passes defended.
Browns vs. Saints Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Browns, and we expect that Browns will cover the spread (Browns -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 32.5 points.
How to Bet on Browns vs. Saints
You can bet on Browns vs. Saints at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Browns vs. Saints picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.