The Cleveland Browns (5-8) host a fellow AFC North foe on Saturday, December 17, 2022, when they meet the Baltimore Ravens (9-4) at FirstEnergy Stadium.
Browns vs. Ravens Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with oddsmakers listing the Browns as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Browns have -155 odds to pick up the win, while the Ravens are listed at +135 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 37 points.
How to Watch Browns vs. Ravens Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, December 17, 2022
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: NFLN
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: FirstEnergy Stadium
The Browns are totaling 368.8 yards per game offensively this year (sixth in NFL), and they are allowing 343.8 yards per game (17th) on the other side of the ball. The Browns are averaging 23.1 points per game on offense (13th in NFL), and they rank 27th on defense with 24.8 points allowed per game.
The Browns rank 17th in pass offense (219.3 passing yards per game) and 16th in pass defense (215.8 passing yards allowed per game) this year. The Browns rank 22nd in run defense this season (128.1 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on offense, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with 149.5 rushing yards per game.
The Browns are averaging a 37.9% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 22nd in the NFL. Defensively, they rank sixth, allowing a 36.3% third-down percentage. The Browns are accumulating 5.5 yards per play (14th in the league), while giving up 5.7 per play on the defensive side of the ball (20th in the NFL) this season. With 13 forced turnovers (26th in NFL) against 18 turnovers committed (23rd in NFL), the Browns (-5) have the 27th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL.
In terms of total offense, the Ravens rank 14th in the NFL (347.0 total yards per game) and 12th defensively (330.2 total yards allowed per game). The Ravens rank 12th in the NFL with 23.2 points per contest on offense, and they rank eighth with 19.2 points ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
From an offensive angle, the Ravens are compiling 184.8 passing yards per contest (27th-ranked). They rank 26th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (249.1 passing yards allowed per game). The Ravens have been top-five in rushing on both sides of the ball this season, as they rank second-best in rushing yards per game (162.2) and second-best in rushing yards surrendered per game (81.2).
The Ravens’ defense has been excelling on third down, giving up a 32.2% third-down conversion rate (second-best). Offensively, they rank 10th in the NFL with a 42.8% third-down rate. The Ravens are accumulating 5.5 yards per play on offense this season (14th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 5.5 yards per play (16th-ranked) on defense. The Ravens have generated 23 forced turnovers this season and have turned the ball over 14 times, resulting in a +9 turnover margin, which ranks second-best in the NFL.
Browns vs. Ravens Injury Report
Browns vs. Ravens Betting Analysis
Browns Betting Insights
The Browns have covered the spread in a matchup seven times this season (7-6-0). The Browns are 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
Browns games have gone over the total seven times this season. The Browns finished with a 7-2 record in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 77.8% of those games).
The Browns went 4-2 last year (winning 66.7% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -155 or shorter.
Ravens Betting Insights
The Ravens have put together a record of 6-7-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 3-point underdogs or more, the Ravens have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
This year, Ravens games have hit the over four times. The Ravens have entered the game as underdogs three times this season and won twice.
The Ravens have played as an underdog of +135 or more once this season and lost that game.
Browns vs. Ravens Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.0||42.3||47.2|
|Implied Total AVG||24.6||23.0||26.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-3||1-2||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-5||2-1||1-4|
|Point Total AVG||44.4||45.2||43.7|
|Implied Total AVG||24.7||26.0||23.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-3||4-1||3-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||0-1||2-0|
Players to Watch
- Nick Chubb‘s rushing stat line this season includes 1,153 yards (third in the NFL) and 12 TDs. He is averaging 88.7 yards per game and 5.0 per attempt (13th in the NFL).
- Chubb has 27 targets, 20 catches, 172 receiving yards and zero TDs through the air.
- Jacoby Brissett has 2,608 passing yards, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions this year. He has completed 64.0% of his attempts, averaging 217.3 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- He’s rushed for 238 yards (third on the Browns) and added two touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 19.8 rushing yards per game.
- Amari Cooper has seven touchdown catches this season (sixth in the NFL), and has 63 catches for 874 yards on 109 targets, while averaging 4.8 catches and 67.2 yards per game.
- Donovan Peoples-Jones has 53 catches for 751 yards and one touchdown. He’s been targeted 80 times in the passing game, and averages 4.1 receptions and 57.8 yards in 13 games played.
- Over on the defensive side, Myles Garrett has 37 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and 12.0 sacks in 2022.
- Grant Delpit has 74 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception this season. He leads the Browns in tackles.
- Martin Emerson has totaled 51 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack this year.
- So far this season, Deion Jones has 30 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception.
- This year, Mark Andrews has 58 receptions for 671 yards with five receiving touchdowns. He has been targeted 92 times and averages 4.8 catches per game through 12 games played.
- Devin Duvernay has put together a 2022 stat sheet that includes 35 catches for 378 yards and three receiving touchdowns through 13 games played. He has been on the receiving end of 46 targets and is averaging 2.7 receptions per game.
- This season through 11 games, Kenyan Drake has racked up 422 rushing yards (second on the Ravens) and scored three rushing touchdowns. He averages 38.4 yards per game and 4.5 per attempt (21st in the NFL).
- In addition to his ground game, Drake has pulled down 15 passes (on 21 targets) for 70 yards (ninth on the Ravens), with one receiving touchdown. He averages 6.4 yards per game.
- J.K. Dobbins averages 48.6 rushing yards per game through five games (243 total yards), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Dobbins also has 39 receiving yards (7.8 per game) on six catches (1.2 per game). He has been targeted six times with one touchdown reception.
- Roquan Smith’s 2022 output includes 120 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and three interceptions through 13 games. He leads the Ravens and is seventh in the NFL in tackles.
- Patrick Queen’s stats include two interceptions as well as 90 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 4.0 sacks, and five passes defended.
- Marlon Humphrey has recorded 3.0 sacks as well as 3.0 TFL, 57 tackles, and three interceptions in the 2022 season.
- Chuck Clark has totaled 80 tackles.
Browns vs. Ravens Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Ravens, and we predict that Ravens will cover the spread (Browns -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 37 points.
How to Bet on Browns vs. Ravens
You can bet on Browns vs. Ravens at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Browns vs. Ravens picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.