Bank of America Stadium is where the Cleveland Browns (0-0) will trade blows with the Carolina Panthers (0-0) on Sunday, September 11, 2022.
Panthers vs. Browns Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1 point, with sportsbooks listing the Panthers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Panthers have -115 odds to pick up the win, while the Browns are listed at -105 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Panthers vs. Browns Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
- The Panthers averaged 3.9 fewer points per game last year (17.9) than the Browns allowed (21.8).
- Carolina was 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall last season when the team put up more than 21.8 points.
- The average number of yards the Panthers’ offense put up and the Browns’ defense gave up last season was within 12.6 yards (298.9 compared to 311.5). The Panthers averaged 4.6 yards per play, while the Browns gave up 5.0.
- When Carolina amassed more than 311.5 yards last year, the team was 5-3 against the spread and 5-3 overall.
- The Panthers averaged 108.4 yards on the ground last year, just 0.8 yards fewer than the Browns allowed to opposing rushing attacks (109.2).
- Carolina had a 4-5 ATS record and a 4-5 overall record when the team rushed for over 109.2 yards last season.
- The Browns averaged 3.3 fewer points per game (20.5) than the Panthers gave up (23.8) last season.
- When Cleveland put up more than 23.8 points last season, it was 3-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- The Panthers’ defense surrendered 305.9 yards per game last season, 34.8 less than the 340.7 yards accumulated by the Browns’ offense. The Browns picked up 5.5 yards per play and the Panthers conceded 5.1.
- Cleveland was 6-5 against the spread and 7-4 overall when the team totaled more than 305.9 yards last season.
- The Browns picked up 145.4 rushing yards per game last year, 31.6 more than the Panthers surrendered (113.8).
- When Cleveland ran for more than 113.8 yards last year it compiled a 6-4 ATS record and a 7-3 overall record.
Panthers vs. Browns Injury Report
Panthers: No Injuries Listed
Browns: No Injuries Listed
Panthers vs. Browns Betting Analysis
Panthers Betting Insights
- Against the spread, the Panthers were 5-12-0 last season.
- The Panthers won twice ATS (2-5) as a 1-point favorite or more last year.
- Carolina finished with a 2-5 record in games it was favored on the moneyline last season (winning 28.6% of those games).
- When it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -115 or shorter, Carolina had a 2-5 record (winning just 28.6% of its games).
- There were eight Panthers games (out of 17) that hit the over last season.
Browns Betting Insights
- The Browns covered the spread seven times in 17 games last year.
- The Browns’ ATS record as underdogs of 1 point or greater was 4-4 last season.
- Last season, Cleveland was the underdog eight times and won one of those games.
- Cleveland had a record of 1-7 when it was set as an underdog of -105 or more by bookmakers last season.
- Out of the 17 Browns’ games last season, seven hit the over.
Panthers vs. Browns Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||43.6||43.9||43.3|
|Implied Total AVG||24.6||24.1||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-5||1-3||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-7||1-3||2-4|
|Point Total AVG||45.7||43.7||48.0|
|Implied Total AVG||25.3||25.1||25.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||7-2||6-2||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-7||0-1||1-6|
Players to Watch
- For the Browns, Baker Mayfield averaged 7.2 passing yards per attempt (21st in the NFL) and 215.0 yards per game last year, completing 60.5% of his passes on the way to 3,010 total yards, 17 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in 14 games.
- He added 134 yards on the ground, while scoring one rushing touchdown. He averaged 9.6 yards per game and 3.6 per attempt.
- D.J. Moore had 1,157 receiving yards and four touchdowns on 93 receptions, while being targeted 163 times.
- Last year over 17 games, Chuba Hubbard churned out 612 rushing yards and scored five rushing touchdowns. He averaged 36.0 yards per game and 3.6 per attempt (62nd in the NFL).
- Hubbard’s stat sheet included 25 receptions (1.5 per game) on 37 targets for 174 yards (10.2 per game) and one receiving touchdown.
- Christian McCaffrey had 442 rushing yards and one rushing touchdown, while averaging 63.1 yards per game and 4.5 per attempt (25th in the NFL).
- McCaffrey also had 343 receiving yards (49.0 per game) on 37 catches (5.3 per game). He was targeted 41 times with one touchdown reception.
- Xavier Woods put up 1.0 sack to go with 1.0 TFL, 108 tackles, and three interceptions over 17 games for the Vikings in 2021.
- Shaq Thompson had 2.0 sacks to go with 9.0 TFL, 104 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Jeremy Chinn had 107 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception in the 2021 campaign.
- Damien Wilson totaled 3.0 sacks as well as 5.0 TFL, 106 tackles, and one interception for the Jaguars last season.
- Nick Chubb got things done in the ground game last year, rushing for 1,259 yards and eight touchdowns in 14 games.
- In addition to the stats he produced on the ground, Chubb had 20 catches (on 25 targets) for 174 yards and one touchdown.
- On 103 targets, Amari Cooper had 68 catches (4.5 per game) for 865 yards and eight TDs in 15 games last season for the Cowboys.
- Kareem Hunt scampered for 386 rushing yards (48.3 yards per game) and five touchdowns while averaging 4.9 yards per carry.
- Hunt totaled 22 grabs (on 27 targets) for 174 yards and zero touchdowns in addition to the stats he generated on the ground.
- In 17 games last season, D’Ernest Johnson racked up 534 rushing yards (5.3 yards per carry) and three touchdowns.
- Last year Myles Garrett registered 51 tackles, 17.0 TFL, and 16.0 sacks in 17 games.
- Anthony Walker accumulated 1.0 sack to go along with 2.0 TFL and 113 tackles in 13 games.
- Jadeveon Clowney posted 37 tackles, 11.0 TFL, 9.0 sacks, and two passes defended in 14 games.
- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah was a key contributor on D last season, with 76 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and four passes defended.
Panthers vs. Browns Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Browns, and we project that Browns will cover the spread (Panthers -1). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on Panthers vs. Browns
You can bet on Panthers vs. Browns at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Panthers vs. Browns picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.