The Atlanta Falcons (1-2) stay home at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Sunday, October 2, 2022 to go up against the Cleveland Browns (2-1).
Browns vs. Falcons Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 1 point, with oddsmakers listing the Browns as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Browns have -125 odds to pick up the win, while the Falcons are listed at +105 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 48 points.
How to Watch Browns vs. Falcons Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 2, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Mercedes-Benz Stadium
The Browns have the 13th-ranked defense this season (323.7 yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking fifth-best with 378.7 yards per game. The Browns are averaging 28.3 points per game offensively this year (sixth in NFL), and they are giving up 24.0 points per game (23rd) on the defensive side of the ball. The Browns are averaging 188.0 passing yards per game on offense this year (27th in NFL), and they are surrendering 240.0 passing yards per game (17th) on the defensive side of the ball. The Browns rank seventh in run defense this season (83.7 rushing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 190.7 rushing yards per game. The Browns have the 16th-ranked defense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (37.1% third-down percentage allowed), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking fifth-best with a 47.8% third-down percentage. The Browns are putting up 5.4 yards per play (14th in the league), while giving up 5.6 per play on the defensive side of the ball (17th in the NFL) this season. The Browns have the sixth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at +2, forcing three turnovers (18th in NFL) while turning it over one time (first in NFL).
In terms of total offense, the Falcons rank 14th in the NFL (354.3 total yards per game) and 22nd on defense (380.7 total yards allowed per game). With 26.7 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Falcons rank eighth in the NFL. On defense, they rank 26th, surrendering 27.0 points per contest. From an offensive standpoint, the Falcons are putting up 197.7 passing yards per contest (26th-ranked). They rank 27th in the NFL defensively (271.3 passing yards allowed per game). The Falcons’ run offense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with 156.7 rushing yards per game. In terms of defense, they are ceding 109.3 rushing yards per game, which ranks 16th. In terms of third-down efficiency, the Falcons rank 12th in the NFL (40.0% third-down conversion percentage) and 27th on the other side of the ball (47.5% third-down rate allowed). The Falcons rank ninth in the NFL with 5.9 yards per play on offense, and they rank 25th with 6.0 yards ceded per play on the defensive side of the ball. The Falcons sport a -2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 24th in the NFL.
Browns vs. Falcons Injury Report
Browns: DE Myles Garrett: Out (Shoulder), DE Jadeveon Clowney: Questionable (Ankle), DT Taven Bryan: Out (Hamstring), LB Anthony Walker: Out (Quad), OT Joe Haeg: Out (Concussion)
Falcons: RB Cordarrelle Patterson: Questionable (Knee)
Browns vs. Falcons Betting Analysis
Browns Betting Insights
The Browns have covered the spread two times this season (2-1-0). In games they have played as 1-point favorites or more, the Browns have an ATS record of 1-1. This season, each Browns game has hit the over. The Browns finished 7-2 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 77.8% of those games). In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -125 or shorter, the Browns had a 6-2 record (winning 75% of their games).
Falcons Betting Insights
The Falcons have covered the spread three times over three games with a set spread. In games they have played as 1-point underdogs or more, the Falcons have an ATS record of 3-0. Every game involving the Falcons has hit the over so far this year. This season, the Falcons have been the underdog three times and won one of those games. The Falcons have been at least a +105 moneyline underdog two times this season, but lost all of those games.
Browns vs. Falcons Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||39.5||38.3||42.0|
|Implied Total AVG||21.7||21.5||22.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-0||0-0||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||44.5||44.0||44.8|
|Implied Total AVG||24.7||25.0||24.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-2||0-1||1-1|
Players to Watch
- Nick Chubb‘s rushing output this season includes 341 yards (first in the NFL) and four TDs. He’s averaging 113.7 yards per game and 5.5 per attempt (ninth in the NFL).
- Jacoby Brissett has thrown for 596 yards, four touchdowns and one interception this year. He averages 298.0 yards per game and 6.5 per attempt, while completing 66.3%.
- He has rushed for 64 yards (third on the Browns) without scoring a touchdown on the ground, while averaging 32.0 rushing yards per game.
- In the passing game, Amari Cooper, has racked up 219 receiving yards and two touchdowns after grabbing 19 balls on 27 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 73.0 yards and 6.3 receptions over three games.
- Kareem Hunt has run for 151 yards, averaging 50.3 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Hunt has been targeted 10 times to the tune of nine receptions, 54 yards and one TD.
- On the defensive side, John Johnson has 18 tackles and 0.5 sacks in 2022.
- Myles Garrett has seven tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks so far this season.
- Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah has put up 15 tackles and 2.0 TFL this year.
- Grant Delpit has 15 tackles and one interception this year.
- Marcus Mariota is averaging 8.1 passing yards per attempt (fourth in the NFL) and 213.3 yards per game this year, completing 63.3% of his passes on the way to 640 total yards, three touchdowns and three interceptions through three games.
- On the ground, Mariota has added two rushing touchdowns and 92 rushing yards (second on the Falcons).
- Cordarrelle Patterson has 302 rushing yards (leading the Falcons and third in the NFL) and two rushing touchdowns, while averaging 100.7 yards per game and 6.2 per carry (fifth in the NFL).
- Drake London has put up 214 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 16 receptions, while being targeted 25 times this season.
- Olamide Zaccheaus has been targeted eight times, resulting in eight catches for 119 yards .
- In 2022, Mykal Walker has 22 tackles, 1.0 sack, and one interception over three games.
- Richie Grant has one interception on top of 23 tackles and three passes defended. He’s 10th in the NFL in interceptions.
- A.J. Terrell has 20 tackles in the 2022 campaign. He is fourth on the Falcons in tackles.
- Rashaan Evans has 1.0 TFL and 25 tackles through three games.
Browns vs. Falcons Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the Browns, and we expect that Browns will cover the spread (Browns -1). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 48 points.
How to Bet on Browns vs. Falcons
You can bet on Browns vs. Falcons at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Browns vs. Falcons picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.