On Sunday, January 8, 2023, the Baltimore Ravens (10-6) visit a streaking Cincinnati Bengals (11-4) team at Paycor Stadium. The Bengals are looking to maintain momentum after winning seven straight games.
Bengals vs. Ravens Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 9 points, with oddsmakers listing the Bengals as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Bengals have -410 odds to pick up the win, while the Ravens are listed at +330 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 39.5 points.
How to Watch Bengals vs. Ravens Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Paycor Stadium
The Bengals are putting up 367.4 yards per game on offense, which ranks them seventh in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 15th, allowing 332.3 yards per game. The Bengals are averaging 26.1 points per game offensively this year (sixth in NFL), and they are giving up 20.4 points per game (seventh) on defense.
On offense, the Bengals have been a top-five unit in terms of passing yards, ranking fourth-best in the NFL by averaging 269.2 per game. They rank 21st on defense (225.9 passing yards allowed per game). On the defensive side of the ball, the Bengals have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fifth-best by allowing only 106.4 per game. They rank 26th on offense (98.2 rushing yards per game).
The Bengals own the 21st-ranked defense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (39.8% third-down conversion rate allowed), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking fourth-best with a 47.1% third-down conversion rate. The Bengals are gaining 5.6 yards per play (10th in the league), while allowing 5.4 per play on the defensive side of the ball (13th in the NFL) this season. The Bengals have forced 20 total turnovers (16th in NFL) this season and have turned it over 17 times (third in NFL) for a turnover margin of +3, 10th-ranked in the NFL.
The Ravens rank 18th with 335.9 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 10th with 328.4 total yards ceded per game on defense. The Ravens rank 19th in the NFL with 20.9 points per contest, but they’ve been led by their defense, which ranks third-best by giving up only 18.0 points per contest.
The Ravens’ passing offense has been bottom-five this season, generating 172.8 passing yards per game, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 24th with 233.9 passing yards allowed per contest. In terms of rushing, the Ravens have excelled on both offense and defense this season, ranking second-best in rushing yards per game (163.1) and third-best in rushing yards surrendered per game (94.4).
The Ravens’ third-down defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with a 35.1% third-down conversion rate allowed. In terms of offense, they are posting a 42.1% third-down rate, which ranks ninth. With 5.5 yards per play on offense, the Ravens rank 13th in the NFL. On defense they rank 12th, surrendering 5.3 yards per play. The Ravens own a top-five turnover margin this season, ranking fourth-best at +7.
Bengals vs. Ravens Injury Report
Bengals vs. Ravens Betting Analysis
Bengals Betting Insights
The Bengals are 12-3-0 against the spread this season.
Bengals games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season. The Bengals were the moneyline favorite eight total times last season. They finished 5-3 in those games.
The Bengals played as a moneyline favorite of -410 or shorter in just one game last season, which they lost.
Ravens Betting Insights
The Ravens are 7-9-0 against the spread this season.
This season, four Ravens games have gone over the point total. This season, the Ravens have won two out of the four games in which they’ve been the underdog.
The Ravens have not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +330 odds on them winning this game.
Bengals vs. Ravens Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.3||47.5||43.8|
|Implied Total AVG||25.0||26.7||23.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-3||4-1||5-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||42.9||42.7||43.1|
|Implied Total AVG||23.9||24.5||23.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-4||5-2||3-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-2||0-1||2-1|
Players to Watch
- Joe Burrow has 4,260 passing yards (fifth in the NFL), 34 touchdowns (second in the NFL) and 12 interceptions this year. He has completed 69.0% of his attempts, averaging 284.0 yards per game and 7.6 per attempt.
- He has added 247 rushing yards (16.5 per game) and five touchdowns on the ground.
- Joe Mixon averages 4.0 yards per carry (33rd in the NFL) and 60.5 yards per game, and has 787 total rushing yards. He has recorded six rushing TDs this season.
- He’s caught 55 passes (on 69 targets) for 400 receiving yards with two touchdowns. He’s averaging 30.8 receiving yards and 4.2 catches per game.
- Tee Higgins has seven touchdown catches this season, and has 73 receptions for 1,022 yards on 103 targets, while averaging 4.9 catches and 68.1 yards per game.
- Ja’Marr Chase has 79 catches for 960 yards and eight touchdowns. He’s been targeted 121 times in the air attack, and averages 7.2 receptions and 87.3 yards in 11 games played.
- On defense for the Bengals, Logan Wilson has powered the unit with 113 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and one interception in 2022.
- Sam Hubbard has 57 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and 6.5 sacks this season.
- Germaine Pratt has recorded 96 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions this year.
- Vonn Bell has four interceptions (ninth in the NFL) with 74 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and six passes defended.
- Mark Andrews has recorded 847 receiving yards and five touchdowns on 73 receptions, while being targeted 113 times this season.
- J.K. Dobbins has 520 rushing yards (second on the Ravens) and two rushing touchdowns, while averaging 65.0 yards per game and 5.7 per attempt.
- Dobbins also has seven catches for 42 yards (12th on the Ravens), with one receiving touchdown. He has been targeted eight times and averages 5.3 yards per game.
- Kenyan Drake is averaging 38.4 rushing yards per game this season (422 total yards), while scoring three rushing touchdowns.
- In addition to his rushing stats, Drake has pulled down 15 passes (on 21 targets) for 70 yards (ninth on the Ravens), with one receiving touchdown. He averages 6.4 yards per game.
- Gus Edwards averages 52.1 rushing yards per game over eight games (417 total yards), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Roquan Smith’s 2022 output includes 155 tackles, 10.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and three interceptions in 16 games. He leads the Ravens and is sixth in the NFL in tackles.
- Patrick Queen has 111 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 5.0 sacks, and two interceptions. He is second on the Ravens in tackles.
- Marlon Humphrey has 3.0 sacks in addition to his 3.0 TFL, 70 tackles, and three interceptions.
- Chuck Clark has registered 101 tackles through 16 games.
Bengals vs. Ravens Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the Bengals, and we project that Ravens will cover the spread (Bengals -9). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 39.5 points.
How to Bet on Bengals vs. Ravens
You can bet on Bengals vs. Ravens at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Bengals vs. Ravens picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.