On Sunday, October 23, 2022, the Atlanta Falcons (3-3) hit the road to challenge the Cincinnati Bengals (3-3) at Paycor Stadium.
Bengals vs. Falcons Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 6.5 points, with bookmakers listing the Bengals as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Bengals have -320 odds to pick up the win, while the Falcons are listed at +265 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 47.5 points.
How to Watch Bengals vs. Falcons Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 23, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Paycor Stadium
Offensively, the Bengals rank 20th in the NFL with 337.7 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank 13th in total defense (339.0 yards allowed per contest). The Bengals are totaling 23.0 points per game on offense, which ranks them 15th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 10th, surrendering 19.2 points per game.
The Bengals rank ninth in pass offense (248.7 passing yards per game) and 14th in pass defense (218.0 passing yards allowed per game) this year. The Bengals are totaling 89.0 rushing yards per game on offense (27th in the NFL), and they rank 20th on the other side of the ball with 121.0 rushing yards allowed per game.
The Bengals rank 10th in third-down defense this season (35.8% third-down conversion rate allowed), but they’ve been playing really well on offense, ranking third-best in the NFL with a 47.6% third-down conversion rate. The Bengals rank 23rd in offensive yards per play (5.0) and eighth in yards per play allowed (5.2) this year. The Bengals own the 17th-ranked turnover margin in the league at even, forcing eight turnovers (13th in NFL) while turning it over eight times (14th in NFL).
With 324.3 total yards per game on offense, the Falcons rank 23rd in the NFL in 2022. On defense, they rank 27th, surrendering 385.2 total yards per contest. In terms of points scored the Falcons rank ninth in the NFL (24.3 points per game), and they are 19th on the other side of the ball (22.7 points allowed per contest).
The Falcons have lots of room to get better in the passing game, as they rank third-worst in passing yards per game (159.2) this season and second-worst in passing yards allowed per game (281.2). The Falcons’ run offense has been excelling, posting 165.2 rushing yards per contest (third-best) this season. Defensively, they rank ninth by giving up 104.0 rushing yards per game.
On defense, the Falcons are a bottom-five unit on third down, ceding a 46.2% third-down conversion percentage (third-worst). On the bright side, they are dominating on the other side of the ball, generating a 46.2% third-down rate (fourth-best). With 5.5 yards per play on offense, the Falcons rank 14th in the NFL. Defensively they rank 25th, surrendering 5.9 yards per play. At +2, the Falcons own the eighth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 10 forced turnovers (fifth in NFL) and eight turnovers committed (14th in NFL).
Bengals vs. Falcons Injury Report
|Stanley Morgan Jr.||WR||Hamstring||Doubtful|
Bengals vs. Falcons Betting Analysis
Bengals Betting Insights
The Bengals have covered the spread four times over six games with a set spread. The Bengals are 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
Bengals games have gone over the total once this season. The Bengals were the moneyline favorite eight total times last season. They went 5-3 in those games.
When they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -320 or shorter, the Bengals had a 2-1 record (winning 66.7% of their games).
Falcons Betting Insights
The Falcons are 6-0-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 6.5-point underdogs or more, the Falcons have a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
Falcons games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this season. This season, the Falcons have been the underdog six times and won three of those games.
The Falcons have been at least a +265 moneyline underdog two times this season, but lost all of those games.
Bengals vs. Falcons Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||45.4||46.8||44.8|
|Implied Total AVG||25.5||26.5||25.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-2||1-1||2-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
|Point Total AVG||45.8||46.2||45.3|
|Implied Total AVG||25.2||24.3||26.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-3||2-1||1-2|
Players to Watch
- Joe Burrow has 1,616 passing yards (seventh in the NFL), 12 touchdowns (fourth in the NFL) and five interceptions this year. He has completed 66.7% of his passes, averaging 269.3 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- He has added 110 rushing yards (18.3 per game) and two touchdowns on the ground.
- Ja’Marr Chase has caught 39 passes (eighth in the NFL) on 63 targets for 475 total yards (ninth in the NFL) and four touchdowns. He is averaging 6.5 catches and 79.2 yards per game through six games.
- Through six games, Joe Mixon has picked up 347 rushing yards, averaging 57.8 yards per game and scoring one touchdown.
- Mixon has been on the receiving end of 32 targets in the passing game and has 24 catches (4.0 per game) for 149 yards (24.8 per game) and one TD.
- Tee Higgins has 26 receptions for 362 yards and two touchdowns. He’s been targeted 38 times in the air attack, and averages 4.3 receptions and 60.3 yards through six games played.
- On the defensive side, Vonn Bell has 32 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and three interceptions in 2022.
- Germaine Pratt has 44 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack so far this season. He leads the Bengals in tackles.
- Sam Hubbard has collected 25 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two passes defended.
- This season, Trey Hendrickson has 14 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks.
- Marcus Mariota has thrown for 1,055 yards this year, with six touchdowns and four interceptions. He is completing 61.3% of his passes while averaging 175.8 yards per game and 7.7 per attempt.
- Mariota has also rushed for three touchdowns and 206 yards (third on the Falcons).
- Drake London has put together a 2022 stat sheet that includes 25 catches for 306 yards and two receiving touchdowns over six games played. He has been on the receiving end of 43 targets and is averaging 4.2 receptions per game.
- Olamide Zaccheaus has put up 271 receiving yards and two touchdowns on 16 receptions, while being targeted 18 times on the season.
- Tyler Allgeier has 235 rushing yards (second on the Falcons), without scoring a rushing touchdown, while averaging 47.0 yards per game and 4.4 per attempt (32nd in the NFL).
- In 2022, Mykal Walker has put up 44 tackles, 1.0 sack, and one interception through five games.
- Rashaan Evans has registered 1.0 TFL and 53 tackles over six games.
- Richie Grant has intercepted one pass on top of 41 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and four passes defended during the 2022 season.
- Jaylinn Hawkins has intercepted one pass to go with 31 tackles and two passes defended.
Bengals vs. Falcons Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Bengals, and we predict that Bengals will cover the spread (Bengals -6.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 47.5 points.
How to Bet on Bengals vs. Falcons
You can bet on Bengals vs. Falcons at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Bengals vs. Falcons picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.