A couple of red-hot teams will put their winning streaks on the line at Paycor Stadium on Sunday, December 4, 2022, when the Kansas City Chiefs (9-2) try to prolong their five-game winning streak against the Cincinnati Bengals (7-4), who have come out on top in three consecutive games.
Chiefs vs. Bengals Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the Chiefs as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Chiefs have -140 odds to pick up the win, while the Bengals are listed at +120 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 52.5 points.
How to Watch Chiefs vs. Bengals Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, December 4, 2022
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Paycor Stadium
The Chiefs rank 14th in total defense this season (335.5 yards allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 430 total yards per game. The Chiefs rank 16th in scoring defense this season (22.1 points allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on offense, ranking best in the NFL with 29.6 points per game.
The Chiefs rank 21st in pass defense this season (233.5 passing yards allowed per game), but they’ve been playing really well on the offensive side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 315.2 passing yards per game. The Chiefs rank 19th in run offense (114.8 rushing yards per game) and sixth in run defense (102 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
On offense, the Chiefs have been a top-five unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking second-best in the NFL by averaging a 51.2% third-down percentage. They rank 11th on defense (38.7% third-down percentage allowed). The Chiefs own the 11th-ranked defense this year in terms of yards per play (5.3 yards per play allowed), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking best with 6.5 yards per play. The Chiefs have forced 12 total turnovers (21st in NFL) this season and have turned it over 15 times (20th in NFL) for a turnover margin of -3, 25th-ranked in the league.
In terms of total yards, the Bengals rank sixth in the NFL (367.1 total yards per game) and 13th defensively (328.3 total yards allowed per game). The Bengals’ defense ranks 13th in the NFL with 21 points surrendered per game, but they’ve been bolstered by their offense, which ranks fifth-best by posting 25.9 points per game.
The Bengals’ passing attack has been paving the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 270.8 passing yards per contest. In terms of defense, they are ceding 216.1 passing yards per game, which ranks 14th. From an offensive standpoint, the Bengals are posting 96.3 rushing yards per game (27th-ranked). They rank 13th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (112.2 rushing yards allowed per game).
The Bengals’ third-down defense ranks 18th in the NFL with a 40% third-down conversion rate surrendered, but they’ve been led by their offense, which ranks fourth-best by compiling a 47.1% third-down rate. The Bengals are putting up 5.6 yards per play on offense this season (11th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are giving up 5.4 yards per play (15th-ranked) on defense. At +1, the Bengals own the 14th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 13 forced turnovers (19th in NFL) and 12 turnovers committed (eighth in NFL).
Chiefs vs. Bengals Injury Report
Chiefs vs. Bengals Betting Analysis
Chiefs Betting Insights
The Chiefs have covered the spread in a matchup four times this season (4-6-1). In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Chiefs have an ATS record of 2-5-1.
Games involving the Chiefs have hit the over five times this season. The Chiefs won 70.6% of the games last season when they were the moneyline favorite (12-5).
The Chiefs went 12-5 last year (winning 70.6% of their games) when they played as a moneyline favorite of -140 or shorter.
Bengals Betting Insights
The Bengals are 8-3-0 against the spread this season. In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Bengals have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
Bengals games have gone over the total four times this season. The Bengals have split the two games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Bengals have played as an underdog of +120 or more once this season and lost that game.
Chiefs vs. Bengals Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||50||49.4||50.6|
|Implied Total AVG||28.4||29.2||27.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-1||5-0||3-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||44.5||46.1||43.6|
|Implied Total AVG||24.9||26.5||24|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-3||3-1||3-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-0||1-1|
Players to Watch
- Patrick Mahomes II has thrown for 3,585 yards (first in the NFL), 29 touchdowns (first in the NFL) and eight interceptions this year. He averages 325.9 yards per game and 8.1 per attempt, while completing 66.1% of his attempts.
- He has added 274 rushing yards (24.9 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- Travis Kelce has caught 73 passes (seventh in the NFL) on 102 targets for 912 total yards (sixth in the NFL) and 12 touchdowns. He is averaging 6.6 catches and 82.9 yards per game through 11 games.
- In the passing attack, JuJu Smith-Schuster, has contributed with 653 receiving yards and two touchdowns after hauling in 49 balls on 67 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 65.3 yards and 4.9 receptions over 10 games.
- Isaih Pacheco has rushed for 455 yards with two touchdowns (41.4 yards per game in 11 games).
- On defense, Nick Bolton has 104 tackles, eight TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions in 2022. His tackle total leads the Chiefs and is sixth in the NFL.
- L’Jarius Sneed has 76 tackles, three TFL, 3.5 sacks, and one interception this season.
- Chris Jones has collected 23 tackles, 10 TFL, and 10 sacks this year.
- So far this season, Willie Gay Jr. has 52 tackles, six TFL, and 2.5 sacks.
- In 11 games played this year, Joe Burrow has racked up 3,160 passing yards (third-best in the NFL), with 23 touchdowns (third in the NFL) against eight interceptions and completing 68.2% of his attempts.
- On the ground, Burrow has added four rushing touchdowns and 178 rushing yards (third on the Bengals).
- Tee Higgins has 826 receiving yards (10th in the NFL) and four touchdowns on 57 receptions, while being targeted 81 times.
- This season, Tyler Boyd has caught 41 passes for 595 receiving yards with four touchdowns through the air. He has been targeted 60 total times and is averaging 3.7 receptions per game in 11 games played.
- Samaje Perine has scored one touchdown on the ground, while running for 221 total yards (4.2 per carry and 20.1 per game).
- Perine has also caught 26 passes for 213 yards (sixth on the Bengals), with four receiving touchdowns. He’s been targeted 33 times and averages 19.4 yards per game.
- Sam Hubbard’s 2022 effort includes 48 tackles, 10 TFL, and 4.5 sacks through 11 games. He is fourth on the Bengals in tackles.
- Vonn Bell has 53 tackles, four TFL, 0.5 sacks, and four interceptions. He is third on the Bengals in tackles.
- Trey Hendrickson has 28 tackles, five TFL, six sacks, and three passes defended during the 2022 season.
- Germaine Pratt has one sack (fourth on the Bengals) as well as three TFL, 75 tackles, and one interception.
Chiefs vs. Bengals Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this contest is the Bengals, and we expect that Bengals will cover the spread (Chiefs -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 52.5 points.
How to Bet on Chiefs vs. Bengals
You can bet on Chiefs vs. Bengals at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Chiefs vs. Bengals picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.