On Sunday, October 29, 2023, the Cincinnati Bengals (3-3) hit the road to meet the San Francisco 49ers (5-2) at Levi’s Stadium.
49ers vs. Bengals Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 4 points, with sportsbooks listing the 49ers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the 49ers have -205 odds to pick up the win, while the Bengals are listed at +170 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 44 points.
How to Watch 49ers vs. Bengals Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, October 29, 2023
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Santa Clara, California
- Stadium: Levi’s Stadium
On offense, the 49ers rank seventh in the NFL with 364.7 yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank eighth in total defense (302.9 yards allowed per contest). The 49ers have been a tough opponent for opposing teams, as they rank top-five in both scoring offense (second-best with 28.7 points per game) and scoring defense (third-best with 15.6 points allowed per game) this year.
The 49ers are totaling 228.3 passing yards per game offensively this season (11th in NFL), and they are allowing 223.6 passing yards per game (16th) on the defensive side of the ball. Defensively, the 49ers have been a top-five unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking third-best by surrendering just 79.3 per game. They rank seventh on offense (136.4 rushing yards per game).
On offense, the 49ers rank sixth in the NFL with a 45.3% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank 21st in third-down percentage allowed (40.9%). Offensively, the 49ers have been a top-five unit in terms of yards per play, ranking second-best in the NFL by averaging 6 yards per play. They rank seventh on defense (4.9 yards per play allowed). The 49ers have forced 12 total turnovers (fifth in NFL) this season and have turned it over six times (fourth in NFL) for a turnover margin of +6, the second-best in the league.
The Bengals have been struggling on offense, ranking worst with 256.3 total yards per game. They have been more effective defensively, allowing 355.8 total yards per contest (27th-ranked). The Bengals rank fifth-worst in points per game (16.7), but they’ve been more effective defensively, ranking 17th in the NFL with 21.2 points allowed per contest.
In terms of passing, the Bengals rank 26th in the NFL (186.5 passing yards per game) and 13th defensively (213 passing yards allowed per game). In terms of rushing, this season has been rough for the Bengals on both sides of the ball, as they are posting just 69.8 rushing yards per contest (second-worst) and surrendering 142.8 rushing yards per game (fourth-worst).
The Bengals rank fourth-worst in third-down conversion rate (33.3%), but they’ve been better on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 23rd in the NFL with a 41.3% third-down rate allowed. The Bengals’ offense has been a bottom-five unit in yards per play this season, posting 4.2, which ranks worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 25th, allowing 5.6 yards per play. The Bengals sport a +5 turnover margin this season, which ranks seventh in the NFL.
49ers vs. Bengals Injury Report
|Tyrion Davis-Price||RB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Brandon Allen||QB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Brayden Willis||TE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Jalen Graham||LB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Jackson Carman||OT||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Trey Hill||C||Gameday inactive||Out|
|DJ Ivey||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
49ers vs. Bengals Betting Analysis
49ers Betting Insights
The 49ers have put together a 4-3-0 record against the spread this season. In games they have played as 4-point favorites or more, the 49ers have an ATS record of 2-3.
This season, 49ers games have hit the over three times.
Bengals Betting Insights
The Bengals are 2-3-1 against the spread this year.
Bengals games have gone over the total twice this year. The Bengals will play as the underdog for the first time this season.
The Bengals have not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +170.
49ers vs. Bengals Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.7||44.2||41.6|
|Implied Team Total AVG||25.4||27||24.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-2||3-0||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||45||45.5||44.5|
|Implied Team Total AVG||23.8||24.3||23.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-1||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
Players to Watch
- Christian McCaffrey has recorded 598 rushing yards (first in the NFL) with eight touchdowns (85.4 yards per game over seven games). His 4.8 yards per attempt rank 10th in the NFL.
- McCaffrey has been targeted 30 times in the passing game and has 26 catches (3.7 per game) for 228 yards (32.6 per game) and three TDs.
- Brock Purdy has 1,668 passing yards (ninth in the NFL), 11 touchdowns (sixth in the NFL) and three interceptions this year. He has completed 67.9% of his passes, averaging 238.3 yards per game and 8.6 per attempt.
- He has added 50 rushing yards (7.1 per game) and two touchdowns on the ground.
- In six games played, Brandon Aiyuk is averaging 85.2 yards and five receptions per game on the way to 511 receiving yards and 30 catches. He’s been targeted 43 times, and has two receiving touchdowns.
- George Kittle has put up 294 receiving yards and three touchdowns with 23 catches on 32 targets. He’s averaging 3.3 receptions and 42 yards per game.
- On the defensive side, Fred Warner has 61 tackles, four TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions in 2023. His tackle total leads the 49ers.
- Dre Greenlaw has 47 tackles, four TFL, and one sack this season. He’s second on the 49ers in tackles.
- Nick Bosa has recorded 20 tackles, six TFL, and 2.5 sacks this year.
- This season, Deommodore Lenoir has 42 tackles and two interceptions.
- Ja’Marr Chase has totaled 556 receiving yards (ninth in the NFL) and three touchdowns on 50 receptions (sixth in the NFL), while being targeted 73 times this season.
- Joe Burrow has 1,230 passing yards, seven touchdowns and four interceptions. His completion percentage is 63.4% and he averages 205 yards per game and 5.3 per attempt.
- Joe Mixon has rushed for one touchdown this year, and has totaled 366 rushing yards (61 per game and 3.8 per attempt).
- In addition to his ground game, Mixon has grabbed 16 passes (on 21 targets) for 104 yards (fourth on the Bengals). He averages 17.3 yards per game.
- Tee Higgins has 149 receiving yards and two touchdowns from 14 receptions after getting 36 targets.
- So far in 2023, Daxton Hill has recorded 46 tackles, four TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two interceptions over six games.
- Trey Hendrickson’s stat sheet includes 21 tackles, eight TFL, seven sacks, and two passes defended.
- Logan Wilson has 0.5 sacks in addition to his four TFL, 46 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Germaine Pratt has put up one sack (fifth on the Bengals) to go with four TFL, 44 tackles, and one interception over six games.
49ers vs. Bengals Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is the 49ers, and we expect that 49ers will cover the spread (49ers -4). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 44 points.
How to Bet on 49ers vs. Bengals
You can bet this 49ers vs. Bengals pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s 49ers vs. Bengals picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.