On Sunday, November 5, 2023, the New Orleans Saints (4-4) and the Chicago Bears (2-6) square off at Caesars Superdome.
Saints vs. Bears Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 9 points, with bookmakers listing the Saints as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the Saints have -440 odds to pick up the win, while the Bears are listed at +340 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 42 points.
How to Watch Saints vs. Bears Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 5, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stadium: Caesars Superdome
On defense, the Saints have been a top-five unit, ranking fifth-best by allowing only 296.4 yards per game. They rank 12th on offense (349.1 yards per game). The Saints are putting up 21.4 points per game on offense (17th in NFL), and they rank ninth on the other side of the ball with 19.3 points allowed per game.
The Saints rank ninth in pass offense (243.1 passing yards per game) and seventh in pass defense (189.5 passing yards allowed per game) this year. The Saints are putting up 106.0 rushing yards per game on offense (20th in the NFL), and they rank 15th defensively with 106.9 rushing yards allowed per game.
The Saints have the 22nd-ranked offense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (35.8% percentage), and they’ve been better on defense, ranking second-best with a 32.4% third-down percentage allowed. The Saints rank 21st in offensive yards per play (5.0) and sixth in yards per play allowed (4.9) this season. With 13 forced turnovers (fifth in NFL) against 10 turnovers committed (14th in NFL), the Saints’ +3 turnover margin ranks ninth in the league.
From an offensive perspective, the Bears are posting 320.6 total yards per contest (19th-ranked). They rank 23rd in the NFL on the other side of the ball (341.0 total yards allowed per game). The Bears rank 17th in points per game (21.4), but they’ve been worse on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fifth-worst in the NFL with 27.3 points surrendered per contest.
The Bears’ defense has been bottom-five in pass defense this season, surrendering 262.3 passing yards per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 26th with 187.9 passing yards per contest. The Bears have been dominant on run defense, allowing just 78.8 rushing yards per game (third-best). Offensively, they rank sixth in the NFL by posting 132.8 rushing yards per game.
The Bears’ defense has been a bottom-five unit on third down this season, allowing a 48.5% third-down conversion rate, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank eighth with a 48.5% third-down rate. The Bears rank 16th in the NFL with 5.1 yards per play on offense, and they rank 22nd with 5.5 yards ceded per play on the defensive side of the ball. At -4, the Bears have the 25th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with nine forced turnovers (22nd in NFL) and 13 turnovers committed (23rd in NFL).
Saints vs. Bears Injury Report
|Keith Kirkwood||WR||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Jimmy Graham||TE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Jake Haener||QB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Kyle Phillips||DE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Justin Fields||QB||Right thumb||Out|
|Dominique Robinson||DE||Gameday inactive||Out|
Saints vs. Bears Betting Analysis
Saints Betting Insights
The Saints have covered the spread two times this season (2-5-1).
This season, Saints games have hit the over twice.
Bears Betting Insights
The Bears have covered the spread two times this season (2-5-1). The Bears have not covered the spread (0-2) when they are at least 9-point underdogs.
Bears games have gone over the total six times this season. The Bears have won two of the seven games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Bears have been at least a +340 moneyline underdog two times this season, but lost all of those games.
Saints vs. Bears Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||41.1||41.2||41.1|
|Implied Team Total AVG||22.0||22.3||21.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-4||1-2||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-0||0-0||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||44.0||42.8||45.3|
|Implied Team Total AVG||24.8||22.8||26.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-5||1-2||1-3|
Players to Watch
- Derek Carr has 1,910 passing yards through eight games this year, averaging 238.8 per game with a 64.5% completion percentage and eight touchdowns against four interceptions.
- Alvin Kamara’s rushing output this season includes 320 yards and two TDs. He is averaging 64.0 yards per game and 3.7 per attempt (29th in the NFL).
- Kamara has 39 catches on 44 targets for 228 yards. He has one receiving TD.
- In eight games played, Rashid Shaheed is averaging 59.9 yards and 2.9 receptions per game on the way to 479 receiving yards and 23 catches. He’s been targeted 38 times, and has three receiving touchdowns.
- Chris Olave has 44 receptions for 517 yards and one touchdown. He’s been targeted 77 times in the passing game, and averages 5.5 receptions and 64.6 yards in eight games played.
- On defense for the Saints, Carl Granderson has put up 35 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and 5.5 sacks in 2023.
- Demario Davis has 2.0 sacks (second on the Saints) as well as 4.0 TFL and 55 tackles.
- This season, Marshon Lattimore has put up 2.0 TFL, 41 tackles, and one interception.
- Alontae Taylor has 37 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and seven passes defended.
- Justin Fields has thrown for 1,201 yards this year, with 11 touchdowns and six interceptions. He is completing 61.7% of his attempts while averaging 200.2 yards per game and 7.4 per attempt.
- Fields has also rushed for one touchdown and 237 yards (second on the Bears).
- D.J. Moore has put together a 2023 campaign that includes 44 catches for 691 yards (fifth in the NFL) and five receiving touchdowns (sixth in the NFL) over eight games played. He has been on the receiving end of 57 targets and is averaging 5.5 receptions per game.
- This season, Cole Kmet has caught 35 passes for 319 receiving yards with three touchdowns in the passing game. He has been targeted 42 total times and is averaging 4.4 receptions per game in eight games played.
- D’Onta Foreman has scored two touchdowns on the ground, while running for 204 total yards (4.5 per attempt and 51.0 per game).
- Foreman also has 43 receiving yards (10.8 per game) on seven catches (1.8 per game). He has been targeted 11 times with one touchdown reception.
- T.J. Edwards’ 2023 effort includes 83 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks in eight games. He leads the Bears and is third in the NFL in tackles.
- Montez Sweat has 6.5 sacks (first on the Bears and eighth in the NFL) to go with 10.0 TFL and 32 tackles.
- Tyrique Stevenson has 1.0 TFL and 48 tackles.
- Justin Jones’ stats include 24 tackles, 6.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and three passes defended in eight games
Saints vs. Bears Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the Saints, and we expect that Saints will cover the spread (Saints -9). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 42 points.
How to Bet on Saints vs. Bears
You can bet this Saints vs. Bears pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Saints vs. Bears picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.