On Thursday, December 15, 2022, the San Francisco 49ers (9-4) visit the Seattle Seahawks (7-6) at Lumen Field and will try to continue a six-game winning streak.
49ers vs. Seahawks Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with sportsbooks listing the 49ers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the 49ers have -170 odds to pick up the win, while the Seahawks are listed at +145 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 43 points.
How to Watch 49ers vs. Seahawks Live?
- Game Day: Thursday, December 15, 2022
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: AMAZON
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: Lumen Field
On the defensive side of the ball, the 49ers have been a top-five unit, ranking best by surrendering only 286.8 yards per game. They rank ninth on offense (361.5 yards per game). On defense, the 49ers have been a top-five unit, ranking best by giving up just 15.2 points per game. They rank eighth on offense (24.4 points per game).
The 49ers are averaging 230.8 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 13th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 12th, allowing 211.8 passing yards per contest. The 49ers rank ninth in rushing yards this season (130.6 rushing yards per game), but they’ve been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking best in the NFL with 75.1 rushing yards allowed per game.
The 49ers own the 12th-ranked defense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (38.4% third-down conversion rate allowed), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best with a 45.2% third-down percentage. This season, the 49ers are accumulating 5.8 yards per play on offense (eighth in the league), while sporting the best yards per play on defense in the NFL (4.8). With 21 forced turnovers (fifth in NFL) against 15 turnovers committed (11th in NFL), the 49ers’ +6 turnover margin is the fourth-best in the league.
The Seahawks have been struggling defensively, ranking fifth-worst with 378.7 total yards allowed per game. They have been better on the other side of the ball, putting up 355.2 total yards per contest (13th-ranked). The Seahawks’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in scoring defense this season, conceding 25.7 points per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank sixth with 26.3 points per contest.
The Seahawks are compiling 244.1 passing yards per game on offense this season (ninth-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 218.2 passing yards per game (18th-ranked) on defense. The Seahawks rank 21st in rushing yards per game (111.2), but they’ve been worse defensively, ranking second-worst in the NFL with 160.5 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
The Seahawks’ defense has been bottom-five on third down this season, surrendering a 44.9% third-down conversion percentage, which ranks fifth-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank eighth with a 44.9% third-down rate. The Seahawks’ defense ranks 18th in the NFL with 5.6 yards surrendered per play, but they’ve been led by their offense, which ranks fourth-best by racking up 6.0 yards per play. After forcing 21 turnovers (fifth in NFL) and turning the ball over 19 times (26th in NFL) this season, the Seahawks have the 10th-ranked turnover margin of +2.
49ers vs. Seahawks Injury Report
49ers vs. Seahawks Betting Analysis
49ers Betting Insights
The 49ers have covered the spread eight times over 13 games with a set spread. The 49ers are 6-3 ATS when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
49ers games have gone over the total six times this season. The 49ers finished 8-6 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 57.1% of those games).
When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -170 or shorter, the 49ers had a 6-4 record (winning 60% of their games).
Seahawks Betting Insights
The Seahawks have compiled a 6-7-0 record against the spread this season. The Seahawks have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
This season, Seahawks games have hit the over eight times. This season, the Seahawks have won five out of the eight games in which they’ve been the underdog.
This season, the Seahawks have won three of their five games when they’re the underdog by at least +145 on the moneyline.
49ers vs. Seahawks Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.9||43.4||42.3|
|Implied Total AVG||23.7||24.1||23.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-3||6-0||2-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||45.6||45.7||45.6|
|Implied Total AVG||25.1||24.8||25.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-3||1-3||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-3||2-0||3-3|
Players to Watch
- On the ground, Christian McCaffrey averages 4.7 yards per attempt (17th in the NFL) and 63.0 yards per game for 819 total rushing yards. He has scored five rushing touchdowns this season.
- McCaffrey has been targeted 85 times in the passing game and has 68 catches (5.2 per game) for 593 yards (45.6 per game) and four TDs.
- Brandon Aiyuk has 58 catches for 755 yards and seven TDs. In 13 games, he is averaging 4.5 catches and 58.1 yards per game.
- George Kittle has four touchdown catches this season, and has 42 receptions for 500 yards on 59 targets, while averaging 3.8 catches and 45.5 yards per game.
- Jauan Jennings has 27 catches for 308 yards and one touchdown. He’s been targeted 43 times in the passing game, and averages 2.3 receptions and 25.7 yards in 12 games played.
- On defense, Nick Bosa has 38 tackles, 14.0 TFL, and 14.0 sacks in 2022.
- Fred Warner has 93 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and one interception this season.
- Dre Greenlaw has recorded 101 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception so far this year. He leads the 49ers in tackles.
- So far this season, Talanoa Hufanga has 70 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and four interceptions.
- Geno Smith has thrown for 3,433 yards this year (to rank sixth in the NFL), with 25 touchdowns (fourth in the NFL) and eight interceptions. He is completing 71.5% of his passes while averaging 264.1 yards per game and 8.0 per attempt.
- On the ground, Smith has added one rushing touchdown and 263 rushing yards (third on the Seahawks).
- Tyler Lockett has 71 catches for 896 yards and eight receiving touchdowns (fifth in the NFL). He has been targeted 99 times and averages 5.5 receptions per game in 13 games played.
- Kenneth Walker III has rushed for nine touchdowns this year, and has totaled 650 rushing yards (59.1 per game and 4.7 per attempt).
- Walker’s offensive output includes 19 receptions (1.7 per game) on 26 targets for 116 yards (10.5 per game), though he has not scored a touchdown in the passing game.
- D.K. Metcalf has 72 catches for 869 yards and six receiving touchdowns. He averages 5.5 yards per game through 13 games and has been targeted 110 times.
- Jordyn Brooks’ 2022 output includes 139 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack through 13 games. He leads the Seahawks and is second in the NFL in tackles.
- Uchenna Nwosu has registered 9.0 sacks in addition to his 8.0 TFL and 51 tackles through 13 games.
- In the 2022 campaign, Cody Barton has 102 tackles, 1.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and two interceptions through 13 games.
- Tariq Woolen has totaled 1.0 TFL, 48 tackles, and six interceptions over 13 games.
49ers vs. Seahawks Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is the 49ers, and we predict that 49ers will cover the spread (49ers -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 43 points.
How to Bet on 49ers vs. Seahawks
You can bet on 49ers vs. Seahawks at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s 49ers vs. Seahawks picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.