When the San Francisco 49ers (5-3) visit the Jacksonville Jaguars (6-2) on Sunday, November 12, 2023 at TIAA Bank Field, they will be trying to stop their three-game losing streak.
49ers vs. Jaguars Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3 points, with oddsmakers listing the 49ers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the 49ers have -170 odds to pick up the win, while the Jaguars are listed at +142 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 44.5 points.
How to Watch 49ers vs. Jaguars Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 12, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Jacksonville, Florida
- Stadium: TIAA Bank Field
The 49ers sport the 10th-ranked defense this year (315 yards allowed per game), and they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking fourth-best with 376.6 yards per game. The 49ers have been clicking on all fronts this season, as they rank fourth-best in scoring offense (27.3 points per game) and fourth-best in scoring defense (17.5 points allowed per game).
The 49ers are averaging 243.1 passing yards per game on offense this year (eighth in NFL), and they are giving up 228.9 passing yards per game (19th) on defense. The 49ers have been a tough opponent for opposing teams in the running game, as they rank top-five in both rushing offense (fifth-best with 133.5 rushing yards per game) and rushing defense (fifth-best with 86.1 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
The 49ers have the 21st-ranked defense this year in terms of third-down efficiency (40.6% third-down percentage allowed), and they’ve been better on offense, ranking fourth-best with a 46.4% third-down percentage. The 49ers have the 11th-ranked defense this year in terms of yards per play (5.1 yards per play allowed), and they’ve been better offensively, ranking second-best with 6.3 yards per play. The 49ers have forced 13 total turnovers (ninth in NFL) this season and have turned it over nine times (seventh in NFL) for a turnover margin of +4, ninth-ranked in the NFL.
From an offensive perspective, the Jaguars are accumulating 341.4 total yards per contest (14th-ranked). They rank 23rd in the NFL on defense (342.8 total yards allowed per game). The Jaguars rank 10th in the NFL with 24.1 points per game on offense, and they rank eighth with 19.5 points given up per game on the defensive side of the ball.
The Jaguars’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in pass defense this season, allowing 263.5 passing yards per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On the offensive side of the ball, they rank 14th with 228.9 passing yards per contest. The Jaguars’ run defense has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 79.3 rushing yards conceded per game. In terms of offense, they are compiling 112.5 rushing yards per game, which ranks 14th.
The Jaguars rank 25th in the NFL with a 35.5% third-down conversion rate, but they’ve been lifted up by their defense, which ranks fifth-best by giving up a 34.2% third-down rate. With 5.1 yards per play on offense, the Jaguars rank 18th in the NFL. On defense they rank 17th, giving up 5.2 yards per play. After forcing 18 turnovers (first in NFL) and turning the ball over 13 times (19th in NFL) this season, the Jaguars own the sixth-ranked turnover margin of +5.
49ers vs. Jaguars Injury Report
|Tyrion Davis-Price||RB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Brandon Allen||QB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Brayden Willis||TE||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Jalen Graham||LB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Darrell Luter Jr.||CB||Knee||Questionable|
|Montaric Brown||CB||Gameday inactive||Out|
|Yasir Abdullah||LB||Gameday inactive||Out|
49ers vs. Jaguars Betting Analysis
49ers Betting Insights
The 49ers have put together a record of 4-4-0 against the spread this season. The 49ers have an ATS record of 3-4 when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
49ers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under four times this season.
Jaguars Betting Insights
The Jaguars have covered the spread six times in eight games with a set spread. In games they have played as 3-point underdogs or more, the Jaguars have an ATS record of 1-1.
Jaguars games have gone over the total four times this season. The Jaguars have won two of the three games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
The Jaguars have played as an underdog of +142 or more once this season and won that game.
49ers vs. Jaguars Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.9||44.3||41.6|
|Implied Team Total AVG||25.4||26.5||24.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-3||3-1||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-0||0-0||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||44.6||45||44.1|
|Implied Team Total AVG||24.5||25||24|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-1||2-1||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||0-1||2-0|
Players to Watch
- Christian McCaffrey has recorded 652 rushing yards (first in the NFL) with nine touchdowns (81.5 yards per game across eight games). His 4.8 yards per attempt rank seventh in the NFL.
- McCaffrey has 37 targets, 32 catches, 292 receiving yards and four TDs in the passing game.
- Brock Purdy has 2,033 passing yards, 12 touchdowns and five interceptions this year. He has completed 68.3% of his attempts, averaging 254.1 yards per game and 9.1 per attempt.
- He’s rushed for 107 yards (third on the 49ers) and added two touchdowns on the ground, while averaging 13.4 rushing yards per game.
- In the passing attack, Brandon Aiyuk, has racked up 620 receiving yards and two touchdowns after pulling down 35 balls on 52 targets. Per game, he’s averaging 88.6 yards and five receptions in seven games.
- George Kittle has put up 443 receiving yards and three touchdowns with 32 catches on 43 targets. He is averaging four receptions and 55.4 yards per game.
- On defense, Fred Warner has two sacks to go with five TFL, 71 tackles, and two interceptions in 2023.
- Dre Greenlaw has 55 tackles, four TFL, and one sack this season.
- Nick Bosa has recorded 22 tackles, six TFL, and three sacks this year.
- Deommodore Lenoir has 48 tackles and two interceptions on the season.
- Travis Etienne has rushed for seven touchdowns this year, and has put up 583 total rushing yards (72.9 per game and 3.9 per attempt).
- On top of his impact on the ground, Etienne has caught 27 passes (on 35 targets) for 266 yards (fourth on the Jaguars), with one receiving touchdown. He’s averaging 33.3 yards per game.
- Trevor Lawrence has 1,935 passing yards, nine touchdowns and four interceptions. His completion percentage is 68.3% and he averages 241.9 yards per game and 7.1 per attempt.
- He has tacked on 216 rushing yards (second on the Jaguars), with zero touchdowns on the ground (averaging 27 yards per game and 5.1 per carry).
- In eight games played this season, Christian Kirk has 43 catches (5.4 receptions per game on 7.5 targets per game) for 520 yards and three receiving touchdowns.
- Calvin Ridley has been targeted 58 times, resulting in 33 catches for 451 yards .
- Foyesade Oluokun has intercepted one pass in addition to 91 tackles, four TFL, and five passes defended in 2023.
- Josh Allen has 28 tackles, eight TFL, and nine sacks.
- Darious Williams has one TFL, 30 tackles, and three interceptions in the 2023 season.
- Rayshawn Jenkins has registered three TFL, 47 tackles, and one interception over eight games.
49ers vs. Jaguars Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the Jaguars, and we predict that Jaguars will cover the spread (49ers -3). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 44.5 points.
How to Bet on 49ers vs. Jaguars
You can bet this 49ers vs. Jaguars pick at every legal online sportsbook.
Tip: If you want to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s 49ers vs. Jaguars picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.