On Sunday, November 13, 2022, the Los Angeles Chargers (5-3) go on the road to play the San Francisco 49ers (4-4) at Levi’s Stadium.
49ers vs. Chargers Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 7.5 points, with oddsmakers listing the 49ers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the 49ers have -315 odds to pick up the win, while the Chargers are listed at +260 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 45 points.
How to Watch 49ers vs. Chargers Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, November 13, 2022
- Game Time: 8:20 PM ET
- TV Channel: NBC
- Location: Santa Clara, California
- Stadium: Levi’s Stadium
The 49ers have the 12th-ranked offense this season (356.6 yards per game), and they’ve been even more effective on defense, ranking best with only 285.9 yards allowed per game. The 49ers are compiling 22.0 points per game on offense, which ranks them 19th in the NFL. On defense, they rank sixth, giving up 18.4 points per game.
The 49ers are totaling 237.1 passing yards per game on offense this season (11th in NFL), and they are surrendering 199.3 passing yards per game (eighth) on the other side of the ball. The 49ers rank 15th in rushing yards this year (119.5 rushing yards per game), but they’ve been playing really well on defense, ranking best in the NFL with 86.6 rushing yards allowed per game.
The 49ers are putting up a 44.3% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them seventh in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 21st, allowing a 41.5% third-down percentage. The 49ers have the third-best defense in the NFL in terms of yards per play allowed (4.8), while their offense is ranked sixth, putting up 5.9 per play. The 49ers have forced nine total turnovers (19th in NFL) this season and have turned it over 12 times (17th in NFL) for a turnover margin of -3, 22nd-ranked in the NFL.
In terms of total offense, the Chargers rank ninth in the NFL (364.3 total yards per game) and 21st defensively (352.3 total yards allowed per game). The Chargers’ defense has been bottom-five in scoring defense this season, surrendering 25.8 points per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. Offensively, they rank 13th with 23.0 points per contest.
The Chargers’ pass defense ranks 14th in the NFL with 206.6 passing yards surrendered per contest, but they’ve been bolstered by their offense, which ranks fourth-best by accumulating 275.1 passing yards per contest. The Chargers have lots of room to improve in the running game, as they rank fifth-worst in rushing yards per game (89.1) and fourth-worst in rushing yards allowed per game (145.6).
In terms of third-down efficiency, the Chargers rank 13th in the NFL (41.8% third-down conversion rate) and 21st on defense (41.5% third-down rate allowed). The Chargers rank 17th in yards per play (5.3), but they’ve been worse defensively, fifth-worst in the NFL with 5.9 yards surrendered per play. At +2, the Chargers own the ninth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with 11 forced turnovers (14th in NFL) and nine turnovers committed (seventh in NFL).
49ers vs. Chargers Injury Report
|Chris Rumph II||OLB||Knee||Doubtful|
49ers vs. Chargers Betting Analysis
49ers Betting Insights
The 49ers have covered the spread four times this season (4-4-0). In games they have played as 7.5-point favorites or more, the 49ers have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
49ers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this season. The 49ers won 57.1% of the games last season when they were favored on the moneyline (8-6).
The 49ers won all three games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -315 or shorter.
Chargers Betting Insights
The Chargers have covered the spread four times this season (4-4-0).
Chargers games have gone over the total four times this year. The Chargers lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
The Chargers have not been a bigger underdog this season than the +260 moneyline set for this game.
49ers vs. Chargers Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||42.6||43.3||42.2|
|Implied Total AVG||22.8||23.0||22.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||2-0||1-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||48.7||48.6||48.8|
|Implied Total AVG||26.5||26.8||26.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-2||2-2||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-0||0-1|
Players to Watch
- On the ground, Christian McCaffrey averages 4.7 yards per attempt (25th in the NFL) and 65.6 yards per game for 525 total rushing yards. He has scored three rushing touchdowns this season.
- McCaffrey has 53 targets, 43 catches, 356 receiving yards and two TDs through the air.
- Jimmy Garoppolo has thrown for 1,691 yards, 11 touchdowns and four interceptions this year. He is averaging 241.6 yards per game and 8.1 per attempt, while completing 66.7%.
- He has tacked on 23 rushing yards (3.3 per game) and one touchdown on the ground.
- Brandon Aiyuk has four touchdown catches this season, and has 38 receptions for 483 yards on 54 targets, while averaging 4.8 catches and 60.4 yards per game.
- Deebo Samuel averages 4.6 receptions and 55.3 yards per game, and has 387 total receiving yards and 32 catches. He’s gotten 55 total targets, and has caught two touchdown passes.
- Over on the defensive side, Talanoa Hufanga has 48 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and three interceptions in 2022.
- Nick Bosa has 22 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 8.0 sacks this season.
- Fred Warner has put up 62 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks this year. His tackle total leads the 49ers.
- This season, Charvarius Ward has 43 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one interception.
- Austin Ekeler averages 53.4 rushing yards per game this year (427 total yards), while scoring six rushing touchdowns.
- Ekeler has also figured into the passing attack with 381 yards (47.6 per game) on 60 receptions (7.5 per game), while being targeted 70 times. He has four receiving touchdowns.
- In eight games, Justin Herbert has 2,254 passing yards (fifth-best in the NFL), while throwing 13 touchdowns (ninth in the NFL) against five interceptions and completing 66.4% of his attempts.
- Mike Williams has recorded 495 receiving yards and three touchdowns on 37 receptions, while being targeted 59 times on the season.
- Gerald Everett has 32 catches for 341 yards and two receiving touchdowns. He averages 4.0 yards per game in eight games and has been targeted 53 times.
- Drue Tranquill has intercepted one pass in addition to 65 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, and two passes defended in 2022.
- Derwin James has registered 3.0 sacks in addition to his 4.0 TFL and 71 tackles through eight games.
- Khalil Mack has 5.5 sacks (first on the Chargers) in addition to his 3.0 TFL and 26 tackles.
- Asante Samuel Jr. has 1.0 TFL, 30 tackles, and one interception.
49ers vs. Chargers Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is the 49ers, and we predict that 49ers will cover the spread (49ers -7.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 45 points.
How to Bet on 49ers vs. Chargers
You can bet on 49ers vs. Chargers at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s 49ers vs. Chargers picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.