Sunday, September 11, 2022 will see the San Francisco 49ers (0-0) hit the road to meet the Chicago Bears (0-0) at Soldier Field.
49ers vs. Bears Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 6.5 points, with sportsbooks listing the 49ers as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, the 49ers have -265 odds to pick up the win, while the Bears are listed at +225 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 40.5 points.
How to Watch 49ers vs. Bears Live?
- Game Day: Sunday, September 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Soldier Field
- The 49ers put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game (25.1) as the Bears allowed (23.9) last year.
- When San Francisco recorded over 23.9 points last year, it went 7-2 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- The 49ers’ offense averaged 375.7 yards per game last year, 59.2 more than the 316.5 the Bears’ defense allowed. The 49ers earned 6.1 yards per play, while the Bears allowed 5.3.
- In games that San Francisco totaled more than 316.5 yards last year, the team was 8-6 against the spread and 9-5 overall.
- The 49ers averaged 127.4 yards on the ground last year, just 2.3 yards more than the Bears allowed to opposing rushing attacks (125.1).
- Last season San Francisco had a 7-3 ATS record and an 8-2 overall record in games the team rushed for over 125.1 yards.
- The 49ers gave up an average of 21.5 points last season, 3.2 more than the 18.3 the Bears put on the board.
- Chicago was 4-3 against the spread and 3-4 overall in games when it recorded over 21.5 points last year.
- The Bears’ offense gained 307.4 yards per game last year, within 2.6 yards of the 310.0 the 49ers’ defense conceded. The Bears picked up 4.9 yards per play and the 49ers gave up 5.1.
- Chicago was 3-9 against the spread and 3-9 overall when the team picked up over 310.0 yards last season.
- The Bears averaged 118.7 yards on the ground last year, 15.2 yards more than the 49ers surrendered to opposing rushing attacks (103.5).
- Last year Chicago had a 4-7 ATS record and a 3-8 overall record in games the team rushed for over 103.5 yards.
49ers vs. Bears Injury Report
49ers: No Injuries Listed
Bears: No Injuries Listed
49ers vs. Bears Betting Analysis
49ers Betting Insights
- The 49ers’ record against the spread last year was 9-8-0.
- The 49ers went 3-1 as 6.5-point favorites or greater last year.
- San Francisco won 57.1% of the games last season when it was favored on the moneyline (8-6).
- San Francisco won all four games it played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -265 or shorter.
- The 49ers had eight of its 17 games hit the over last year.
Bears Betting Insights
- Against the spread, the Bears were 6-11-0 last year.
- The Bears had two wins ATS (2-6) as a 6.5-point underdog or more last year.
- Last season, Chicago won two out of the 13 games, or 15.4%, in which it was the underdog.
- Chicago had a record of 1-7 when it was set as an underdog of +225 or more by sportsbooks last season.
- There were seven Bears games (out of 17) that went over the total last season.
49ers vs. Bears Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.9||47.8||46.1|
|Implied Total AVG||26.0||26.8||25.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-6||3-4||5-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||43.1||42.3||43.9|
|Implied Total AVG||24.6||23.4||25.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||3-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-11||0-5||2-6|
Players to Watch
- Deebo Samuel totaled 1,405 receiving yards (fifth in the NFL) and six touchdowns on 77 receptions, while being targeted 121 times last season.
- In 15 games, Jimmy Garoppolo had 3,810 passing yards, with 20 touchdowns against 12 interceptions and completing 68.3% of his attempts.
- He also added 51 rushing yards, with three touchdowns on the ground (averaging 3.4 yards per game and 1.3 per carry).
- Elijah Mitchell averaged 87.5 rushing yards per game last season (963 total yards to rank eighth in the NFL), while scoring five rushing touchdowns.
- Mitchell’s offensive output included 19 receptions (1.7 per game) on 20 targets for 137 yards (12.5 per game) and one receiving touchdown.
- George Kittle had 71 catches for 910 yards and six receiving touchdowns. He averaged 5.1 yards per game over 14 games and was targeted 94 times.
- Nick Bosa’s 2021 effort included 52 tackles, 21.0 TFL, and 15.5 sacks in 17 games.
- Fred Warner had 138 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 0.5 sacks.
- Azeez Al-Shaair had 2.0 sacks as well as 9.0 TFL, 103 tackles, and one interception in the 2021 season.
- Arik Armstead’s stat sheet included 63 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 6.0 sacks in 17 games
- Last year David Montgomery scampered for 849 yards (65.3 yards per carry) and seven rushing touchdowns.
- In the receiving game, Montgomery contributed 301 yards and zero touchdowns on 42 grabs.
- In 17 games, Darnell Mooney was targeted 139 times, leading to 81 receptions, 1,055 yards and four touchdowns.
- In 12 games, Justin Fields piled up 1,870 yards (155.8 yards per game) with seven touchdowns, 10 interceptions and a 58.9% completion percentage.
- As a runner, Fields added 420 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
- To go along with 1,154 passing yards (192.3 yards per game), Trevor Siemian passed for 11 touchdowns, three interceptions, and a completion percentage of 57.4% with the Saints last season.
- Trevor Siemian scrambled for 20 yards (2.2 YPC) and one touchdown as a runner.
- Last season Roquan Smith compiled 163 tackles, 12.0 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and one interception in 17 games.
- On defense, Robert Quinn recorded 18.5 sacks to go with 17.0 TFL and 49 tackles.
- With 48 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 6.0 sacks, Al-Quadin Muhammad was a big contributor last season on the Colts’ defense.
- Trevis Gipson was a big player on D last season, with 39 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 7.0 sacks, and two passes defended.
49ers vs. Bears Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is the 49ers, and we expect that 49ers will cover the spread (49ers -6.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 40.5 points.
How to Bet on 49ers vs. Bears
You can bet on 49ers vs. Bears at every legal online sportsbook. For more NFL odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as NFL prop odds, check out the latest NFL lines as well as our guide to the best NFL betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s 49ers vs. Bears picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.