The West Virginia Mountaineers (0-1) and Kansas Jayhawks (1-0) will face each other in clash of Big 12 opponents at Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium in Morgantown, West Virginia.
West Virginia vs. Kansas Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 13.5 points, with oddsmakers listing West Virginia as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, West Virginia has -606 odds to pick up the win, while Kansas is listed at +425 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 59.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch West Virginia vs. Kansas Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
- Stadium: Mountaineer Field at Milan Puskar Stadium
- West Virginia put up 17.0 fewer points per game (25.2) than Kansas allowed (42.2) last season.
- West Virginia racked up 117.1 fewer yards per game (369.7) than Kansas allowed per outing (486.8) last season.
- When the Mountaineers piled up over 486.8 yards last year, the team was 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- Last season West Virginia rushed for 128.6 fewer yards per game (121.8) than Kansas allowed per contest (250.4).
- Kansas scored 20.8 points per game last year, 3.0 fewer than West Virginia gave up (23.8).
- The Jayhawks were 3-1 against the spread and 1-3 overall last year when the team recorded more than 23.8 points.
- Kansas collected 324.3 yards per game last year, 26.0 fewer yards than the 350.3 West Virginia gave up per outing.
- The Jayhawks were 3-1 against the spread and 1-4 overall when the team picked up more than 350.3 yards last season.
- Last year Kansas rushed for just 0.7 more yards (139.5) than West Virginia allowed per outing (138.8).
- The Jayhawks had a 2-3 ATS record and a 1-5 overall record when the team ran for more than 138.8 yards last season.
West Virginia vs. Kansas Betting Analysis
West Virginia Betting Insights
- West Virginia beat the spread five times in 12 games last season.
- West Virginia went winless ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 13.5-point favorites last season.
- The Mountaineers won 60% of the games last season when they were favored on the moneyline (3-2).
- The Mountaineers played as a moneyline favorite of -606 or shorter in just one game last season, which they won.
- In 12 West Virginia games last year, four hit the over.
Jayhawks Betting Insights
- Kansas had four wins in 12 games against the spread last season.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 13.5 points or greater, Kansas went 4-6-1 last season.
- The Jayhawks won one of the 10 games they played as underdogs last season.
- The Jayhawks played as an underdog of +425 or more once last season and won that game.
- Last season, seven of Kansas’ 12 games hit the over.
West Virginia vs. Kansas Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||51.8||51.8||51.9|
|Implied Total AVG||29.3||28.4||29.9|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-2||2-1||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-5||1-1||1-4|
|Point Total AVG||58.2||58.5||57.9|
|Implied Total AVG||41.0||39.7||42.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-0||1-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-9||0-4||1-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- On defense last year, Josh Chandler-Semedo helped lead the charge with two interceptions to go with 100 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two passes defended in 13 games.
- On defense in 2021, Dante Stills had 30 tackles, 13.0 TFL, seven sacks, and one interception in 13 games played.
- Sean Mahone had 0.5 sacks to go with 1.0 TFL, 68 tackles, and two interceptions in 13 games a season ago.
- Alonzo Addae amassed 1.0 sack to go with 2.0 TFL and 63 tackles in 13 games.
- Last year Kyron Johnson collected 42 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 6.5 sacks in 12 games.
- On defense, Kenny Logan Jr. collected 2.0 TFL, 70 tackles, and one interception.
- With 55 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception, Gavin Potter was a significant contributor last season on defense.
- Rich Miller registered 1.0 sack to go with 4.0 TFL and 50 tackles in 12 games.
West Virginia vs. Kansas Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this matchup is West Virginia, and we predict that West Virginia will cover the spread (West Virginia -13.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 59.5 points.
West Virginia vs. Kansas betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on West Virginia vs. Kansas
You can bet on West Virginia vs. Kansas at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s West Virginia vs. Kansas picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.