The Wake Forest Demon Deacons (7-4) and Duke Blue Devils (7-4) will battle in clash of ACC rivals at Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Wake Forest vs. Duke Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 3.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Wake Forest as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Wake Forest has -164 odds to pick up the win, while Duke is listed at +134 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 66.5 points.
How to Watch Wake Forest vs. Duke Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 26, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACC Network
- Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
- Stadium: Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium
Wake Forest is putting up 447.6 yards per game offensively this year (26th in the FBS), and are giving up 401.7 yards per game (89th) on the other side of the ball. Wake Forest has the 94th-ranked defense this season (28.8 points allowed per game), and has been better on offense, ranking 14th-best with 37.4 points per game. Wake Forest has the 11th-best offense this season in terms of passing yards (311.6 passing yards per game), but ranks 22nd-worst defensively (262.1 passing yards allowed per game). Wake Forest is putting up 136.0 rushing yards per game on offense (89th in the FBS), and ranks 52nd on defense with 139.6 rushing yards allowed per game. Wake Forest is putting up a 45.1% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 29th in the FBS. Defensively, the defense ranks 89th, surrendering a 41.1% third-down conversion rate. With 14 forced turnovers (89th in the FBS) against 17 turnovers committed (74th in the FBS), Wake Forest’s -3-3 turnover margin ranks 100th in college football.
In terms of total offense, Duke ranks 48th in the FBS (413.4 total yards per game) and 68th defensively (376.2 total yards allowed per game). Duke ranks 34th in the FBS with 33.0 points per game on offense, and it ranks 35th with 22.1 points given up per game on defense. In terms of passing, Duke ranks 77th in the FBS (222.4 passing yards per game) and 102nd defensively (254.5 passing yards allowed per contest). From an offensive standpoint, Duke is compiling 191.0 rushing yards per game (37th-ranked). It ranks 28th in the FBS on defense (121.6 rushing yards given up per game). In terms of third-down efficiency, Duke ranks 47th in the FBS (42.1% third-down conversion rate) and 101st on the other side of the ball (42.0% third-down rate allowed). Duke has generated 23 forced turnovers this season and have turned it over nine times, leading to a +14 turnover margin, which ranks second-best in the FBS.
Wake Forest vs. Duke Betting Analysis
Wake Forest Betting Insights
Wake Forest is 6-4-1 against the spread this season. In games they were favored in by 3.5 points or more so far this season, the Wake Forest has gone 4-2-1 against the spread. Wake Forest games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under five times this season. The Demon Deacons have put together a 5-3 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 62.5% of those games). In games they have played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -164 or shorter, the Demon Deacons have a 2-1 record (winning 83.3% of their games).
Blue Devils Betting Insights
Duke has covered the spread seven times this season (7-4-0). In games it has played as 3.5-point or bigger underdogs, Duke has an ATS record of 4-1. Duke’s games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under six times this season. This season, the Blue Devils have been the underdog five times and won two of those games. The Blue Devils are 1-2 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +134 or more on the moneyline.
Wake Forest vs. Duke Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||64.0||64.4||63.1|
|Implied Total AVG||38.1||40.0||34.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-3||4-1||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-1||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||55.5||55.9||55.1|
|Implied Total AVG||32.9||34.2||31.8|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-1||3-0||1-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||0-1||2-2|
Players to Watch
- With 3.5 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL and 31 tackles in 11 games, Malik Mustapha has been a significant part of the Demon Deacons’ defense in 2022.
- Jasheen Davis has played 11 games, totaling 17 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 5.5 sacks for the Demon Deacons.
- The Demon Deacons’ defense has been aided by the contributions of Ryan Smenda Jr., who has suited up for 11 games and registered 41 tackles and 4.0 TFL.
- A significant contributor to the Demon Deacons’ defense, Rondell Bothroyd has 13 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks in 11 games.
- Brandon Johnson has collected two interceptions to go with 29 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 5.5 sacks, and three passes defended in 11 games for the Blue Devils.
- In 11 games for the Blue Devils, DeWayne Carter has posted 26 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks.
- Shaka Heyward has been providing a big boost on defense, collecting 1.0 sack to go with 2.0 TFL, 53 tackles, and two interceptions for the Blue Devils.
- Darius Joiner has collected one interception to go with 43 tackles, 3.0 TFL, three sacks, and two passes defended In 11 games for the Blue Devils.
Wake Forest vs. Duke Predictions and Pick
Wake Forest vs. Duke betting card
- Pick ATS:
Blue Devils (+3.5)
How to Bet on Wake Forest vs. Duke
You can bet on Wake Forest vs. Duke at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Wake Forest vs. Duke picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this contest is Wake Forest, and we expect that Duke will cover the spread (Wake Forest -3.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 66.5 points.