ACC foes will clash when the Virginia Tech Hokies (5-5) battle the NC State Wolfpack (7-3).
Virginia Tech vs. NC State Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with sportsbooks listing Virginia Tech as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Virginia Tech has -135 odds to pick up the win, while NC State is listed at +112 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 41 points.
How to Watch Virginia Tech vs. NC State Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACCN
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Lane Stadium
On defense, Virginia Tech has been a top-25 unit, ranking 22nd-best by surrendering just 318.1 yards per game. The offense ranks 73rd (378.7 yards per game). Virginia Tech is averaging 26.0 points per game on offense this season (74th in the FBS), and is surrendering 23.9 points per game (52nd) on the defensive side of the ball. Virginia Tech has the 91st-ranked offense this season in terms of passing yards (205.5 passing yards per game), and has been better on the other side of the ball, ranking sixth-best with just 161.2 passing yards allowed per game. Virginia Tech is totaling 173.2 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 49th in the FBS. The team’s defensive unit ranks 83rd, surrendering 156.9 rushing yards per game. Virginia Tech has struggled on third down, ranking 22nd-worst in the FBS (33.8%) this season. However, the defense ranks 24th-best defensively, allowing a 33.1% third-down percentage. With nine forced turnovers (91st in the FBS) against seven turnovers committed (15th in the FBS), Virginia Tech (+2) owns the 42nd-ranked turnover margin in college football.
NC State’s defensive unit has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 21st-best in the FBS with 315.2 total yards surrendered per contest. In terms of offense, it is generating 325.1 total yards per game, which ranks 107th. NC State ranks 84th in the FBS with 24.8 points per game, but it has been lifted up by its defense, which ranks 24th-best by allowing just 19.4 points per contest. NC State’s passing offense has been bottom-25 this season, posting 180.1 passing yards per game, which ranks 20th-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 50th with 214.6 passing yards ceded per contest. NC State’s run defense has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 14th-best in the FBS with 100.6 rushing yards surrendered per contest. In terms of offense, it is putting up 145.0 rushing yards per game, which ranks 83rd. NC State’s defense has been excelling on third down, allowing a 27.2% third-down conversion percentage (fourth-best). On offense, it ranks 84th in the FBS with a 37.3% third-down rate. After forcing 16 turnovers (eighth in the FBS) and turning the ball over 12 times (81st in the FBS) this season, NC State sports the 29th-ranked turnover margin of +4.
Virginia Tech vs. NC State Betting Analysis
Virginia Tech Betting Insights
Virginia Tech has covered the spread six times over 10 games with a set spread. In games this season when favored by 2.5 points or more, Virginia Tech has gone 3-0 against the spread. This season, Virginia Tech games have hit the over six times. The Hokies have compiled a 4-1 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 80% of those games). The Hokies have played as a moneyline favorite of -135 or shorter in only two games this season, and they won both.
NC State Betting Insights
NC State have registered a 5-5-0 record against the spread this year. In games it has played as 2.5-point or bigger underdogs, NC State has an ATS record of 3-2. NC State games have gone over the total twice this season. The Wolfpack have been underdogs in five games this season and won two (40%) of those contests. The Wolfpack have a record of when they’re set as an underdog of +112 or more by oddsmakers this season.
Virginia Tech vs. NC State Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||46.2||46.6||45.7|
|Implied Total AVG||26.9||25.8||28.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-1||3-1||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-4||1-0||0-4|
|Point Total AVG||47.1||48.3||45.1|
|Implied Total AVG||28.7||30.5||26.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||1-0||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-3||2-2||0-1|
Players to Watch
- Kyron Drones has led the way for the Hokies’ offense this season, compiling 1,525 passing yards with nine passing touchdowns, two interceptions and a 59.4% completion percentage.
- In addition to the numbers he’s produced in the passing game, Drones has also added 541 rushing yards and four touchdowns in 10 games.
- As a runner, Bhayshul Tuten has produced 613 yards in the ground game with seven rushing touchdowns in 10 games.
- Tuten has 24 catches (2.4 per game) for 218 yards (21.8 per game) and two touchdowns in 10 games for the Hokies.
- In nine games, Jaylin Lane has converted zero targets into 33 catches, 458 yards and six touchdowns for the Hokies.
- Da’Quan Felton has been targeted zero times for 28 catches, 447 yards and four touchdowns in eight games.
- As part of the Hokies’ defense, Keli Lawson has recorded 61 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and one interception in nine games.
- As part of the Hokies’ defense, Antwuan Powell has registered nine sacks to go with five TFL and 28 tackles in eight games.
- The Hokies’ defensive unit has been helped by the play of Alan Tisdale, who has suited up for nine games and delivered 48 tackles, one TFL, and one sack.
- With one TFL and 43 tackles, Jalen Stroman has helped carry the Hokies’ defense over eight games.
- Brennan Armstrong has six touchdown passes and six interceptions in nine games, completing 59.9% of his throws for 1,082 yards (120.2 per game).
- Armstrong also has rushed for 433 yards and four TDs.
- In 10 games, Kevin Concepcion has 50 receptions for 573 yards (57.3 per game) and six touchdowns.
- In 10 games, Delbert Mimms has rushed for 206 yards (20.6 per game) and seven TDs.
- MJ Morris has passed for 719 yards (179.8 per game), completing 55.8% of his passes, with seven touchdowns and five interceptions in four games.
- Payton Wilson has compiled two interceptions to go with 108 tackles, three TFL, three sacks, and three passes defended in 10 games for the Wolfpack.
- Sean Brown has been wreaking havoc on defense, delivering two interceptions to go with 49 tackles, two TFL, two sacks, and four passes defended for the Wolfpack.
- Jaylon Scott has totaled one sack to go with two TFL and 58 tackles in nine games for the Wolfpack.
- On defense, Davin Vann has contributed 34 tackles, three TFL, and six sacks in 10 games.
Virginia Tech vs. NC State Predictions and Pick
Virginia Tech vs. NC State betting card
- Pick ATS:
NC State (+2.5)
- Pick OU: Over (41)
How to Bet on Virginia Tech vs. NC State
You can bet on Virginia Tech vs. NC State at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Virginia Tech vs. NC State picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this game is Virginia Tech, and we project that NC State will cover the spread (Virginia Tech -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 41 points.