The Virginia Tech Hokies (0-0) and Old Dominion Monarchs (0-0) will face each other in a matchup at Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium in Norfolk, Virginia.
Virginia Tech vs. Old Dominion Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 6 points, with bookmakers listing Virginia Tech as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Virginia Tech has -246 odds to pick up the win, while Old Dominion is listed at +198 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 48 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Virginia Tech vs. Old Dominion Live?
- Game Day: Friday, September 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Norfolk, Virginia
- Stadium: Kornblau Field at S.B. Ballard Stadium
- Virginia Tech racked up 23.7 points per game last year, 4.1 fewer than Old Dominion surrendered per outing (27.8).
- The Hokies were 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall in games when they recorded over 27.8 points last season.
- Virginia Tech racked up 361.9 yards per game last year, 22.9 fewer yards than the 384.8 Old Dominion gave up per outing.
- The Hokies were 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall when the team piled up over 384.8 yards last year.
- Last season Virginia Tech rushed for 51.3 more yards per game (185.5) than Old Dominion allowed per outing (134.2).
- Last year the Hokies had a 4-3 ATS record and a 4-3 overall record in games the team rushed for more than 134.2 yards.
- Old Dominion put up 27.6 points per game last year, comparable to the 25.3 Virginia Tech surrendered.
- The Monarchs were 5-0 against the spread and 4-1 overall in games when they recorded over 25.3 points last year.
- Old Dominion collected just 16.9 fewer yards per game (374.8) than Virginia Tech gave up (391.7) per contest last year.
- The Monarchs were 5-1 against the spread and 4-2 overall when the team totaled over 391.7 yards last season.
- Last season Old Dominion rushed for just 7.6 fewer yards (160.3) than Virginia Tech allowed per contest (167.9).
- When the Monarchs ran for more than 167.9 yards last season they compiled a 4-0 ATS record and a 2-2 overall record.
Virginia Tech vs. Old Dominion Betting Analysis
Virginia Tech Betting Insights
- Virginia Tech was 5-8-0 against the spread last season.
- As a 6-point or greater favorite last season, Virginia Tech had two wins against the spread (2-1).
- The Hokies went 3-3 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 50% of those games).
- The Hokies won all three games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -246 or shorter.
- In 13 Virginia Tech games last season, five hit the over.
Monarchs Betting Insights
- Old Dominion’s record against the spread last season was 9-4-0.
- Old Dominion had an ATS record of 4-4 as underdogs of 6 points or more last season.
- The Monarchs were underdogs in 10 games last season and won three (30%) of those contests.
- Last season, the Monarchs were at least a +198 underdog on the moneyline six times, losing each of those contests.
- In 13 Old Dominion games last season, five of them hit the over.
Virginia Tech vs. Old Dominion Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||53.7||52.9||54.9|
|Implied Total AVG||30.8||31.5||29.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||3-2||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-4||1-2||2-2|
|Point Total AVG||54.4||54.6||54.2|
|Implied Total AVG||33.7||33.0||34.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-0||2-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-7||2-2||1-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- On defense last year, Dax Hollifield helped set the tone with one interception to go with 75 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and one pass defended in 13 games.
- On defense in 2021, Chamarri Conner had 67 tackles, 4.0 TFL, two sacks, and one interception in 13 games played.
- Nasir Peoples amassed 2.0 TFL, 70 tackles, and one interception in 13 games played a season ago.
- Alan Tisdale totaled 56 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks in 13 games played.
- With 2.0 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL, 62 tackles, and one interception in 13 games, Jordan Young was a big contributor on defense.
- With two interceptions to go with 58 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended in 13 games, R’Tarriun Johnson was a key player on defense last year.
- In 13 games, Tre Hawkins III registered 51 tackles and 3.0 TFL.
- Jason Henderson was a big player on D last year, with 53 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and one sack.
Virginia Tech vs. Old Dominion Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is Virginia Tech, and we expect that Old Dominion will cover the spread (Virginia Tech -6). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 48 points.
Virginia Tech vs. Old Dominion betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Virginia Tech vs. Old Dominion
You can bet on Virginia Tech vs. Old Dominion at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Virginia Tech vs. Old Dominion picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.