ACC foes will clash when the Virginia Tech Hokies (0-1) face the Boston College Eagles (0-1).
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 2.5 points, with bookmakers listing Virginia Tech as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Virginia Tech has -152 odds to pick up the win, while Boston College is listed at +123 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 45.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Virginia Tech vs. Boston College Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACC Network
- Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
- Stadium: Lane Stadium
- Virginia Tech put up just 1.5 more points per game (23.7) than Boston College gave up (22.2) last year.
- When the Hokies put up more than 22.2 points last year, they were 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall.
- Virginia Tech averaged only 18.1 more yards per game (361.9) than Boston College allowed per outing (343.8) last season.
- When the Hokies amassed more than 343.8 yards last season, the team was 4-2 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- Last year Virginia Tech averaged 185.5 rushing yards per game, 15.2 more than Boston College allowed per contest (170.3).
- Last season the Hokies had a 4-2 ATS record and a 4-2 overall record in games the team ran for over 170.3 yards.
- Boston College put up 24.7 points per game last year, comparable to the 25.3 Virginia Tech gave up.
- The Eagles were 4-1 against the spread and 5-0 overall last season when the team recorded more than 25.3 points.
- Boston College averaged 348.6 yards per game last season, 43.1 fewer yards than the 391.7 Virginia Tech allowed per outing.
- When the Eagles picked up more than 391.7 yards last year, the team was 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- Boston College rushed for 165.9 yards per game last year, just 2.0 fewer yards than the 167.9 Virginia Tech allowed per outing.
- When the Eagles ran for over 167.9 yards last season they had a 5-2 ATS record and a 6-1 overall record.
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College Betting Analysis
Virginia Tech Betting Insights
- Virginia Tech was 5-8-0 against the spread last year.
- Virginia Tech won twice ATS (2-2) as at least a 2.5-point favorites.
- The Hokies went 3-3 in games they were favored on the moneyline last season (winning 50% of those games).
- In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -152 or shorter, the Hokies had a 1-1 record (winning 75% of their games).
- In 13 Virginia Tech games last season, five went over the total.
Eagles Betting Insights
- Boston College’s record against the spread last year was 6-6-0.
- As a 2.5-point underdog or more, Boston College had one win ATS (1-4) last year.
- The Eagles won two of the seven games they played as underdogs last season.
- The Eagles entered seven games last season as the underdog by +123 or more and were 0-5 in those contests.
- Out of 12 Boston College games last season, three hit the over.
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||53.7||52.9||54.9|
|Implied Total AVG||30.8||31.5||29.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||3-3||3-2||0-1|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-4||1-2||2-2|
|Point Total AVG||55.0||56.0||54.1|
|Implied Total AVG||33.1||32.2||34.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||0-1||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-5||2-2||0-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Dax Hollifield amassed one interception to go with 75 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and one pass defended in 13 games last year.
- Chamarri Conner collected 2.0 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL, 67 tackles, and one interception in 13 games.
- Nasir Peoples 2.0 TFL, 70 tackles, and one interception a season ago.
- In 2021, Alan Tisdale had 56 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks.
- With 5.0 sacks to go with 5.0 TFL and 27 tackles in 12 games, Marcus Valdez was an important contributor on defense.
- With two interceptions to go with 39 tackles, 7.0 TFL, one sack, and two passes defended in 12 games, Josh DeBerry was a significant contributor on defense last season.
- Kam Arnold was on the field for 12 games and amassed 50 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one sack.
- Jaiden Lars-Woodbey was an important player on D last season, with two interceptions to go with 46 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two passes defended.
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this matchup is Virginia Tech, and we expect that Virginia Tech will cover the spread (Virginia Tech -2.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 45.5 points.
Virginia Tech vs. Boston College betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Virginia Tech vs. Boston College
You can bet on Virginia Tech vs. Boston College at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Virginia Tech vs. Boston College picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.