The No. 14 Utah Utes (1-1) and San Diego State Aztecs (1-1) will battle in a matchup at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Utah vs. San Diego State Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 21.5 points, with bookmakers listing Utah as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Utah has -2263 odds to pick up the win, while San Diego State is listed at +1048 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 48.5 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Utah vs. San Diego State Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 10:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Stadium: Rice-Eccles Stadium
- Utah put up 36.1 points per game last season, 16.3 more than San Diego State surrendered per matchup (19.8).
- The Utes were 5-6 against the spread and 9-2 overall last season when the team put up more than 19.8 points.
- Utah averaged 106.6 more yards per game (431.0) than San Diego State gave up per outing (324.4) last season.
- The Utes were 5-7 against the spread and 9-3 overall when the team picked up over 324.4 yards last season.
- Last season Utah piled up 216.7 rushing yards per game, 136.4 more than San Diego State allowed per outing (80.3).
- When the Utes ran for more than 80.3 yards last season, they compiled a 5-6 ATS record and a 9-2 overall record.
San Diego State
- Last season San Diego State put up 4.8 more points per game (27.4) than Utah surrendered (22.6).
- When the Aztecs put up over 22.6 points last season, they were 5-3 against the spread and 8-0 overall.
- San Diego State racked up only 1.4 more yards per game (344.5) than Utah gave up per matchup (343.1) last year.
- When the Aztecs piled up over 343.1 yards last year, the team was 3-3 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- San Diego State rushed for 173.8 yards per game last year, 53.0 more than the 120.8 Utah allowed per outing.
- Last season the Aztecs had a 5-3 ATS record and an 8-1 overall record in games the team ran for more than 120.8 yards.
Utah vs. San Diego State Betting Analysis
Utah Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Utah went 6-7-0 last year.
- Utah went winless ATS (0-3) when playing as at least 21.5-point favorites last year.
- The Utes put together a 9-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 75% of those games).
- The Utes won all three games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -2263 or shorter.
- Out of 13 Utah games last year, eight hit the over.
Aztecs Betting Insights
- Against the spread, San Diego State was 7-6-1 last year.
- The Aztecs won four of the five games they played as underdogs last season.
- The Aztecs were not a bigger underdog last season than the +1048 moneyline set for this game.
- There were seven San Diego State games (out of 14) that hit the over last season.
Utah vs. San Diego State Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||53.2||54.6||51.5|
|Implied Total AVG||32.1||33.3||30.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-3||7-0||2-3|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-0||0-0||1-0|
|Point Total AVG||44.6||45.8||42.6|
|Implied Total AVG||27.1||28.4||24.6|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||8-1||5-1||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-1||2-1||2-0|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Devin Lloyd collected four interceptions to go with 79 tackles, 16.0 TFL, seven sacks, and five passes defended in 14 games last year.
- Mika Tafua had 35 tackles, 9.0 TFL, 9.5 sacks, and one pass defended.
- Cole Bishop had 3.0 sacks to go with 9.0 TFL and 43 tackles in 14 games a season ago.
- Nephi Sewell delivered one interception to go with 52 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and one pass defended in 14 games played.
- Last year Cameron Thomas recorded 54 tackles, 13.0 TFL, and 10.5 sacks in 14 games.
- With four interceptions to go with 79 tackles and four passes defended in 14 games, Patrick McMorris was a key player on defense last season.
- Jonah Tavai compiled 44 tackles, 10.0 TFL, and 8.5 sacks in 14 games.
- A significant player on defense, Michael Shawcroft had one interception to go with 44 tackles, 5.0 TFL, three sacks, and one pass defended.
Utah vs. San Diego State Predictions and Pick
Utah vs. San Diego State betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Utah vs. San Diego State
You can bet on Utah vs. San Diego State at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Utah vs. San Diego State picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.
Our prediction to win this contest is Utah, and we project that San Diego State will cover the spread (Utah -21.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 48.5 points.