The No. 14 USC Trojans (0-0) and Rice Owls (0-0) will clash at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, California.
USC vs. Rice Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 32.5 points, with bookmakers listing USC as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, USC has -15666 odds to pick up the win, while Rice is listed at +2333 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 61.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch USC vs. Rice Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 6:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Pac-12 Network
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
- USC put up 7.5 fewer points per game (28.7) than Rice gave up (36.2) last year.
- The Trojans were 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall in games when they recorded more than 36.2 points last season.
- USC collected 443.6 yards per game last year, just 7.1 more than the 436.5 Rice allowed per matchup.
- When the Trojans picked up more than 436.5 yards last season, the team was 3-3 against the spread and 3-3 overall.
- USC rushed for 145.3 yards per game last season, 17.5 fewer than the 162.8 Rice allowed per contest.
- When the Trojans rushed for over 162.8 yards last season, they compiled a 2-2 ATS record and a 2-2 overall record.
- Rice scored 10.3 fewer points per game (21.5) than USC allowed (31.8) last year.
- When the Owls put up more than 31.8 points last season, they were 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- Rice averaged 363.0 yards per game last year, 46.0 fewer yards than the 409.0 USC gave up per matchup.
- The Owls were 1-3 against the spread and 2-2 overall when the team piled up more than 409.0 yards last season.
- Last season Rice ran for 15.9 fewer yards per game (151.3) than USC allowed per contest (167.2).
- Last season the Owls had a 1-2 ATS record and a 2-1 overall record in games the team rushed for more than 167.2 yards.
USC vs. Rice Betting Analysis
USC Betting Insights
- Against the spread, USC went 4-8-0 last season.
- The Trojans were the moneyline favorite seven total times last season. They went 4-3 in those games.
- The Trojans did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of -15666 or shorter.
- In 12 USC games last year, six hit the over.
Owls Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Rice was 3-9-0 last year.
- Last season, the Owls won two out of the nine games in which they were the underdog.
- The Owls entered one game last season as the underdog by +2333 or more and won each of those games.
- Last season, eight of Rice’s 12 games went over the point total.
USC vs. Rice Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||59.2||59.6||58.6|
|Implied Total AVG||34.6||35.7||33.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-3||2-3||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-5||0-2||0-3|
|Point Total AVG||51.6||53.2||50.1|
|Implied Total AVG||33.1||32.5||33.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||1-1||1-1||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-7||1-2||1-5|
Last Season’s Leaders
- As a playmaker on defense, Kana’i Mauga totaled 62 tackles, 4.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception in 12 games last year.
- Tuli Tuipulotu had 32 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 5.5 sacks.
- Drake Jackson had 5.0 sacks to go with 7.0 TFL, 23 tackles, and one interception in 12 games a season ago.
- In 2021, Chris Steele had two interceptions to go with 20 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and four passes defended.
- Last year Josh Pearcy recorded 25 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks in 12 games.
- Ikenna Enechukwu accumulated 5.5 sacks to go along with 3.0 TFL and 18 tackles in 12 games.
- Elijah Garcia helped on defense with 19 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and four sacks in 12 games.
- Naeem Smith delivered 1.0 sack to go with 1.0 TFL, 18 tackles, and four interceptions in 12 games.
USC vs. Rice Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this contest is USC, and we project that Rice will cover the spread (USC -32.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 61.5 points.
USC vs. Rice betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on USC vs. Rice
You can bet on USC vs. Rice at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s USC vs. Rice picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.