The UCLA Bruins (2-0) will battle the South Alabama Jaguars (2-0) at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California.
UCLA vs. South Alabama Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 15.5 points, with oddsmakers listing UCLA as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, UCLA has -667 odds to pick up the win, while South Alabama is listed at +456 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 59 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch UCLA vs. South Alabama Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 17, 2022
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Pac-12 Network
- Location: Pasadena, California
- Stadium: Rose Bowl
- UCLA averaged 10.1 more points per game (36.5) than South Alabama allowed (26.4) last year.
- When the Bruins put up over 26.4 points last season, they were 7-2 against the spread and 7-2 overall.
- UCLA collected 86.4 more yards per game (441.5) than South Alabama gave up per matchup (355.1) last season.
- When the Bruins totaled more than 355.1 yards last year, the team was 8-3 against the spread and 8-3 overall.
- Last season UCLA rushed for 68.7 more yards per game (215.3) than South Alabama allowed per outing (146.6).
- Last season the Bruins had an 8-1 ATS record and an 8-1 overall record in games the team ran for over 146.6 yards.
- Last season South Alabama scored just 1.9 fewer points per game (24.9) than UCLA allowed (26.8).
- When the Jaguars scored over 26.8 points last season, they were 3-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
- South Alabama collected just 15.1 fewer yards per game (369.5) than UCLA allowed (384.6) per outing last year.
- In games that the Jaguars piled up more than 384.6 yards last season, the team was 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- Last year South Alabama rushed for 11.1 fewer yards per game (113.3) than UCLA allowed per contest (124.4).
- The Jaguars had a 3-3 ATS record and a 3-3 overall record when the team ran for more than 124.4 yards last year.
UCLA vs. South Alabama Betting Analysis
UCLA Betting Insights
- UCLA was 8-4-0 against the spread last year.
- UCLA’s ATS record as at least 15.5-point favorites was 3-0 last year.
- The Bruins won six of the nine games they were favored on the moneyline last season (66.7%).
- The Bruins won all three games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -667 or shorter.
- In 12 UCLA games last season, seven hit the over.
Jaguars Betting Insights
- Against the spread, South Alabama was 5-7-0 last season.
- South Alabama didn’t have a win ATS (0-2) as 15.5-point or larger underdogs last year.
- Last season, the Jaguars were listed as the underdog in five games and failed to win any of those contests.
- Last season, the Jaguars were at least a +456 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
- Last year, six of South Alabama’s 12 games hit the over.
UCLA vs. South Alabama Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||60.9||61.3||60.3|
|Implied Total AVG||34.0||34.6||33.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-3||3-3||3-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||52.9||53.8||52.0|
|Implied Total AVG||32.8||32.2||33.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-2||4-0||1-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-5||0-2||0-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Qwuantrezz Knight had 55 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 2.5 sacks last year.
- In 12 games in 2021, Mitchell Agude totaled 40 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks.
- Jordan Genmark Heath registered 3.5 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL, 38 tackles, and one interception in 12 games played a season ago.
- In 2021, Bo Calvert had 33 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and four sacks.
- Wy’Kevious Thomas helped carry the defense with 28 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three sacks in 12 games.
- With three interceptions to go with 32 tackles and three passes defended in 12 games, Tre Young was a key player on defense last season.
- Chris Henderson helped on defense with 22 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and three sacks in 12 games.
- Charles Coleman III was a key contributor on D last year, with 21 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and four sacks.
UCLA vs. South Alabama Predictions and Pick
UCLA vs. South Alabama betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on UCLA vs. South Alabama
You can bet on UCLA vs. South Alabama at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s UCLA vs. South Alabama picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.
Our prediction to win this matchup is UCLA, and we expect that UCLA will cover the spread (UCLA -15.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 59 points.