The Tulsa Golden Hurricane (0-1) and Northern Illinois Huskies (1-0) will clash at Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Tulsa vs. Northern Illinois Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 6.5 points, with bookmakers listing Tulsa as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Tulsa has -230 odds to pick up the win, while Northern Illinois is listed at +187 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 63.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch Tulsa vs. Northern Illinois Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Stadium: Skelly Field at H.A. Chapman Stadium
- Tulsa put up 7.3 fewer points per game (26.4) than Northern Illinois surrendered (33.7) last year.
- When the Golden Hurricane recorded over 33.7 points last year, they were 3-1 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
- Tulsa collected 441.4 yards per game last year, only 11.6 fewer than the 453.0 Northern Illinois gave up per matchup.
- In games that the Golden Hurricane amassed more than 453.0 yards last year, the team was 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall.
- Last year Tulsa rushed for 22.6 fewer yards per game (192.0) than Northern Illinois allowed per outing (214.6).
- When the Golden Hurricane ran for more than 214.6 yards last season, they had a 3-3 ATS record and a 4-2 overall record.
- Last season Northern Illinois averaged 5.6 more points per game (32.2) than Tulsa surrendered (26.6).
- When the Huskies recorded more than 26.6 points last year, they were 5-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Northern Illinois averaged 426.9 yards per game last year, 56.8 more yards than the 370.1 Tulsa gave up per matchup.
- In games that the Huskies churned out more than 370.1 yards last year, the team was 5-1 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- Last year Northern Illinois averaged 241.5 yards per game on the ground, 98.9 more than Tulsa allowed per contest (142.6).
- The Huskies had a 7-3 ATS record and an 8-3 overall record when the team ran for over 142.6 yards last season.
Tulsa vs. Northern Illinois Betting Analysis
Tulsa Betting Insights
- Tulsa was 8-5-0 against the spread last year.
- As a 6.5-point or greater favorite last season, Tulsa had two wins against the spread (2-4).
- The Golden Hurricane were favored on the moneyline nine total times last season. They finished 6-3 in those games.
- The Golden Hurricane had a 2-1 record last year (winning 66.7% of their games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -230 or shorter.
- Tulsa had seven of its 13 games go over the point total last year.
Huskies Betting Insights
- Northern Illinois covered the spread nine times in 14 games last season.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 6.5 points or more, Northern Illinois went 3-2-1 last year.
- The Huskies were underdogs in 10 games last season and won five (50%) of those contests.
- The Huskies had a record of 1-0 in games where bookmakers had them as underdogs of at least +187 on the moneyline.
- Out of 14 Northern Illinois games last year, eight hit the over.
Tulsa vs. Northern Illinois Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||55.8||54.9||56.8|
|Implied Total AVG||33.9||33.3||34.7|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-3||4-3||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-3||0-0||1-3|
|Point Total AVG||58.7||58.4||59.0|
|Implied Total AVG||34.4||33.3||35.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||3-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||5-5||2-2||3-3|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Justin Wright had one interception to go with 80 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, and one pass defended last year.
- Jaxon Player had 47 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and five sacks.
- Tyon Davis compiled 66 tackles in 13 games played a season ago.
- Yohance Burnett delivered 75 tackles and 2.0 TFL in 13 games played.
- With 1.0 sack to go with 1.0 TFL, 74 tackles, and one interception in 14 games, C.J. Brown was a key player on defense.
- Dillon Thomas accumulated 2.0 sacks to go along with 3.0 TFL, 40 tackles, and one interception in 14 games.
- Nick Rattin collected 45 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one sack in 14 games.
- The contributions of Jaden Dolphin, who played in 14 games, included 2.5 sacks to go with 4.0 TFL, 29 tackles, and one interception.
Tulsa vs. Northern Illinois Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is Tulsa, and we expect that Tulsa will cover the spread (Tulsa -6.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 63.5 points.
Tulsa vs. Northern Illinois betting card
- Pick ATS:
Golden Hurricane (-6.5)
How to Bet on Tulsa vs. Northern Illinois
You can bet on Tulsa vs. Northern Illinois at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Tulsa vs. Northern Illinois picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.