Big 12 opponents will clash when the Texas Longhorns (6-4) meet the Kansas Jayhawks (6-4).
Texas vs. Kansas Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 9 points, with bookmakers listing Texas as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Texas has -333 odds to pick up the win, while Kansas is listed at +255 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 63.5 points.
How to Watch Texas vs. Kansas Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 19, 2022
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Lawrence, Kansas
- Stadium: David Booth Memorial Stadium (Lawrence, KS)
Texas is totaling 422.1 yards per game on offense this year (41st in the FBS), and are surrendering 371.9 yards per game (59th) on defense. Texas is totaling 33.5 points per game offensively this season (35th in the FBS), and is allowing 21.3 points per game (32nd) on the defensive side of the ball. Texas is putting up 246.3 passing yards per game offensively this year (50th in the FBS), and is surrendering 244.7 passing yards per game (93rd) on defense. Texas is totaling 175.8 rushing yards per game on offense (50th in the FBS), and ranks 39th on defense with 127.2 rushing yards allowed per game. Texas is putting up a 37.8% third-down conversion rate on offense this year (77th in the FBS), and is surrendering a 41.5% third-down conversion rate (95th) on the defensive side of the ball. Texas has the 61st-ranked turnover margin in college football at +1, forcing 11 turnovers (100th in the FBS) while turning it over 10 times (16th in the FBS).
Kansas ranks 29th in total yards per game (443.7), but it has been less productive on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 15th-worst in the FBS with 442.8 total yards allowed per contest. Kansas’ defense ranks 103rd in the FBS with 30.4 points given up per game, but it has been led by its offense, which ranks 17th-best by racking up 36.9 points per contest. Kansas has been struggling against the pass, ranking 14th-worst with 276.0 passing yards given up per game. It has been more productive offensively, putting up 234.1 passing yards per contest (65th-ranked). Kansas’ run defense ranks 93rd in the FBS with 166.8 rushing yards surrendered per game, but it has been carried by its offense, which ranks 19th-best by putting up 209.6 rushing yards per game. Kansas ranks eighth-worst in third-down conversion rate allowed (47.4%), but at least it has been excelling on the offensive side of the ball, ranking sixth-best in third-down rate (51.7%). After forcing 19 turnovers (18th in the FBS) and turning the ball over 13 times (51st in the FBS) this season, Kansas owns the 27th-ranked turnover margin of +6.
Texas vs. Kansas Betting Analysis
Texas Betting Insights
Texas is 6-4-0 against the spread this season. Texas has an ATS record of 2-1 when playing as at least 9-point favorites. This season, four Texas games have gone over the point total. The Longhorns have won five of the eight games they were the moneyline favorite this season (62.5%). The Longhorns have played as a moneyline favorite of -333 or shorter in just two games this season, and they won both.
Jayhawks Betting Insights
Kansas is 7-2-1 against the spread this year. Kansas has a record of 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 9-point underdogs. This year, six Kansas games have gone over the point total. The Jayhawks have won three of the seven games they’ve played as underdogs this season. The Jayhawks have a record of 1-2 when they’re set as an underdog of +255 or more by bookmakers this season.
Texas vs. Kansas Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||60.1||60.3||59.6|
|Implied Total AVG||36.5||38.8||33.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-3||3-1||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-1||0-1||0-0|
|Point Total AVG||61.8||63.2||60.3|
|Implied Total AVG||36.0||37.0||35.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||2-0||0-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||3-4||1-1||2-3|
Players to Watch
- The Longhorns’ defensive unit has been helped by the play of Jaylan Ford, who has played 10 games and recorded 84 tackles, 7.0 TFL, two sacks, and two interceptions.
- Jahdae Barron has hit the gridiron for 10 games, amassing two interceptions to go along with 60 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and two passes defended for the Longhorns.
- With 63 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and three sacks in 10 games, DeMarvion Overshown has been a big contributor to the Longhorns’ defense in 2022.
- An important contributor to the Longhorns’ defensive unit, Barryn Sorrell has 30 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and 5.5 sacks in 10 games.
- In 10 games for the Jayhawks, Lonnie Phelps has recorded 6.0 sacks to go with 9.0 TFL and 38 tackles.
- In 10 games for the Jayhawks, Kenny Logan Jr. has posted two interceptions to go with 60 tackles and two passes defended.
- In 10 games for the Jayhawks, Craig Young has totaled 41 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 3.5 sacks, and one interception.
- With one interception to go with 53 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended in 10 games, Rich Miller has been wreaking havoc on defense for the Jayhawks.
Texas vs. Kansas Predictions and Pick
Texas vs. Kansas betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Texas vs. Kansas
You can bet on Texas vs. Kansas at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Texas vs. Kansas picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our prediction to win this contest is Texas, and we predict that Kansas will cover the spread (Texas -9). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 63.5 points.