It’ll be the Texas Tech Red Raiders (1-0) versus the No. 25 Houston Cougars (1-0) in college football play at Jones AT&T Stadium in Lubbock, Texas.
Texas Tech vs. Houston Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 4 points, with sportsbooks listing Texas Tech as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, Texas Tech has -190 odds to pick up the win, while Houston is listed at +152 to claim victory.
Finally, the over/under for the game is set at 63 points.
10x your first bet. Up to $200 in bonus bets.
How to Watch Texas Tech vs. Houston Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 10, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Lubbock, Texas
- Stadium: Jones AT&T Stadium
- Texas Tech put up 30.3 points per game last season, 9.9 more than Houston surrendered per matchup (20.4).
- When the Red Raiders scored over 20.4 points last year, they were 6-5 against the spread and 6-5 overall.
- Texas Tech averaged 113.6 more yards per game (416.2) than Houston gave up per contest (302.6) last season.
- The Red Raiders were 6-5 against the spread and 6-5 overall when the team totaled over 302.6 yards last year.
- Last season Texas Tech averaged 159.8 yards per game on the ground, 51.6 more than Houston allowed per outing (108.2).
- The Red Raiders had a 5-4 ATS record and a 5-4 overall record when the team ran for more than 108.2 yards last season.
- Houston put up 35.9 points per game last season, 5.7 more than Texas Tech allowed (30.2).
- The Cougars were 7-3 against the spread and 10-0 overall last year when the team notched over 30.2 points.
- Houston racked up only 8.2 more yards per game (413.9) than Texas Tech gave up per outing (405.7) last year.
- In games that the Cougars piled up over 405.7 yards last season, the team was 5-2 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- Last season Houston racked up 142.3 rushing yards per game, just 4.1 more yards than Texas Tech allowed per outing (138.2).
- Last year the Cougars had a 6-2 ATS record and an 8-0 overall record in games the team ran for more than 138.2 yards.
Texas Tech vs. Houston Betting Analysis
Texas Tech Betting Insights
- Texas Tech covered the spread seven times in 13 games last year.
- Texas Tech won twice ATS (2-1) as at least a 4-point favorites.
- The Red Raiders were listed as the moneyline favorite just two times last season, and they won both games.
- The Red Raiders played as a moneyline favorite of -190 or shorter in only two games last season, and they won both.
- Texas Tech had five of its 13 games hit the over last season.
Cougars Betting Insights
- Houston had eight wins in 14 games against the spread last season.
- Houston won once ATS (1-1) as underdogs of 4 points or greater last season.
- The Cougars won two of the three games they played as underdogs last season.
- The Cougars had a record of 0-1 in games where oddsmakers had them as underdogs of at least +152 on the moneyline.
- Last year, seven of Houston’s 14 games hit the over.
Texas Tech vs. Houston Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||58.8||56.6||61.3|
|Implied Total AVG||35.3||34.4||36.3|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-0||1-0||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||4-6||2-3||2-3|
|Point Total AVG||54.9||56.8||53.4|
|Implied Total AVG||34.1||35.5||33.1|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||9-1||3-1||6-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-1||1-0||1-1|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Colin Schooler had one interception to go with 94 tackles, 5.0 TFL, two sacks, and two passes defended last year.
- Tyree Wilson had 34 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and seven sacks.
- Eric Monroe 64 tackles and two interceptions a season ago.
- On defense in 2021, Riko Jeffers chipped in with 58 tackles, 1.0 TFL, one sack, and one interception through 13 games.
- Donavan Mutin helped carry the defense with 57 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks in 14 games.
- With 46 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and five sacks in 14 games, Derek Parish was a significant contributor on defense last year.
- Logan Hall helped on defense with 37 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and six sacks in 14 games.
- A key player on defense, D’Anthony Jones had one interception to go with 13 tackles, 3.0 TFL, six sacks, and one pass defended.
Texas Tech vs. Houston Predictions and Pick
Our prediction to win this game is Houston, and we expect that Houston will cover the spread (Texas Tech -4). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 63 points.
Texas Tech vs. Houston betting card
- Pick ATS:
How to Bet on Texas Tech vs. Houston
You can bet on Texas Tech vs. Houston at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s Texas Tech vs. Houston picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.