The SMU Mustangs (0-0) and North Texas Mean Green (1-0) will face each other at Apogee Stadium in Denton, Texas.
SMU vs. North Texas Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 9.5 points, with bookmakers listing SMU as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, SMU has -343 odds to pick up the win, while North Texas is listed at +263 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 67.5 points.
Get a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000
How to Watch SMU vs. North Texas Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Denton, Texas
- Stadium: Apogee Stadium
- Last year, SMU put up 10.9 more points per game (38.4) than North Texas gave up (27.5).
- When the Mustangs scored over 27.5 points last year, they were 5-4 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
- SMU racked up 465.9 yards per game last year, 84.1 more yards than the 381.8 North Texas allowed per outing.
- The Mustangs were 5-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall when the team amassed over 381.8 yards last season.
- Last season, SMU rushed for just 5.2 more yards (161.4) than North Texas allowed per contest (156.2).
- The Mustangs had a 5-1 ATS record and a 7-0 overall record when the team ran for over 156.2 yards last season.
- North Texas averaged just 0.9 fewer points per game (27.5) than SMU gave up (28.4) last season.
- When the Mean Green put up over 28.4 points last season, they were 6-0 against the spread and 5-1 overall.
- North Texas averaged only 16.3 more yards per game (430.9) than SMU allowed per outing (414.6) last year.
- In games that the Mean Green totaled more than 414.6 yards last season, the team was 7-0 against the spread and 5-3 overall.
- Last season North Texas rushed for 97.3 more yards per game (233.8) than SMU allowed per outing (136.5).
- The Mean Green had a 9-1 ATS record and a 6-4 overall record when the team rushed for more than 136.5 yards last year.
SMU vs. North Texas Betting Analysis
SMU Betting Insights
- Against the spread, SMU went 5-6-1 last year.
- As 9.5-point or greater favorites last season, SMU went 3-2-1.
- The Mustangs were the moneyline favorite nine total times last season. They finished 6-3 in those games.
- The Mustangs won all five games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -343 or shorter.
- Out of 12 SMU games last season, six hit the over.
Mean Green Betting Insights
- North Texas’ record against the spread last season was 9-3-1.
- As 9.5-point underdogs or greater, North Texas had two wins ATS (2-2-1) last season.
- Last season, the Mean Green were the underdog nine times and won two of those games.
- The Mean Green had a record of 1-2 when they were set as an underdog of +263 or more by bookmakers last season.
- Out of 13 North Texas games last year, four went over the total.
SMU vs. North Texas Against The Spread & Betting Records
|Point Total AVG||66.0||67.3||64.7|
|Implied Total AVG||39.3||42.5||36.2|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||6-3||4-1||2-2|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||1-1||0-0||1-1|
|Point Total AVG||61.0||61.0||61.1|
|Implied Total AVG||36.0||36.7||35.4|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||4-0||2-0||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||2-7||1-3||1-4|
Last Season’s Leaders
- Delano Robinson totaled one interception to go with 67 tackles, 2.0 TFL, one sack, and one pass defended in 12 games last year.
- In 12 games in 2021, DeVere Levelston totaled 32 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and 6.5 sacks.
- Turner Coxe posted 30 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and five sacks in 12 games a season ago.
- Gary Wiley collected 4.5 sacks to go with 7.0 TFL and 39 tackles in 12 games.
- KD Davis helped spur the defense with 83 tackles, 9.0 TFL, and 4.5 sacks in 13 games.
- With 41 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and 8.5 sacks in 13 games, Grayson Murphy was a key contributor on defense last year.
- With 45 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 7.5 sacks, Gabriel Murphy was a big contributor last season on defense.
- A key player on defense, Dion Novil had one interception to go with 37 tackles, 5.0 TFL, five sacks, and one pass defended.
SMU vs. North Texas Predictions and Pick
Our pick to win this game is SMU, and we predict that North Texas will cover the spread (SMU -9.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going under the posted total of 67.5 points.
SMU vs. North Texas betting card
- Pick ATS:
Mean Green (+9.5)
How to Bet on SMU vs. North Texas
You can bet on SMU vs. North Texas at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s SMU vs. North Texas picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Not sure what a parlay is? Or even how to bet on college football? Check out our complete guide to sports betting.