The San Jose State Spartans (5-5) and San Diego State Aztecs (3-7) will face each other in clash of MWC foes at CEFCU Stadium in San Jose, California.
San Jose State vs. San Diego State Odds
The spread for this matchup is set at 14.5 points, with bookmakers listing San Jose State as the favorites.
As for the moneyline, San Jose State has -743 odds to pick up the win, while San Diego State is listed at +502 to claim victory.
Finally, the total for the game is set at 49 points.
How to Watch San Jose State vs. San Diego State Live?
- Game Day: Saturday, November 18, 2023
- Game Time: 10:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports
- Location: San Jose, California
- Stadium: CEFCU Stadium
San Jose State
On offense, San Jose State ranks 54th in the FBS with 404.9 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 45th in total defense (354.8 yards allowed per contest). On the offensive side of the ball, San Jose State has been a top-25 unit, ranking 25th-best in the FBS by compiling 33.9 points per game. The Spartans rank 66th on defense (26.5 points allowed per game). San Jose State ranks 74th in passing yards this year (220.6 per game), but has been playing really well on the other side of the ball, ranking 14th-best in the FBS with 183.4 passing yards allowed per game. San Jose State is compiling 184.3 rushing yards per game on offense (32nd in the FBS), and ranks 102nd on the other side of the ball with 171.4 rushing yards allowed per game. Despite sporting a bottom-25 defense on third down that ranks 23rd-worst in the FBS (43.9% third-down conversion rate), San Jose State has had more success on offense, ranking 27th in the FBS by posting a 44.6% third-down conversion rate. San Jose State has forced 14 total turnovers (32nd in the FBS) this season and have turned it over four times (second in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +10, the fifth-best in college football.
San Diego State
San Diego State has been outplayed on both offense and defense this season, ranking 21st-worst in total offense (319.0 total yards per game) and 24th-worst in total defense (418.5 total yards allowed per game). San Diego State has been struggling on offense, ranking 19th-worst in the FBS with 20.0 points per game. It has been better on the other side of the ball, surrendering 27.9 points per contest (85th-ranked). San Diego State has been unproductive on both offense and defense in terms of passing this season, ranking 18th-worst in passing yards (175.7 per game) and 21st-worst in passing yards allowed (251.6 per game). San Diego State ranks 87th in the FBS with 143.3 rushing yards per game on offense, and it ranks 96th with 166.9 rushing yards allowed per contest on the defensive side of the ball. San Diego State ranks 24th-worst in third-down conversion rate (33.8%), but it has been better on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 102nd in the FBS with a 42.2% third-down rate allowed. With 12 forced turnovers (52nd in the FBS) and 12 turnovers committed (70th in the FBS) this season, San Diego State ranks 68th in the FBS with a turnover margin of 0.
San Jose State vs. San Diego State Betting Analysis
San Jose State Betting Insights
San Jose State has covered the spread in a matchup eight times this season (8-2-0). San Jose State is a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 14.5-point favorites. San Jose State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times this season. The Spartans have been favored on the moneyline a total of five times this season, and they’ve won all of those games. The Spartans have played as a moneyline favorite of -743 or shorter in only one game this season, which they won.
San Diego State Betting Insights
San Diego State is 5-5-0 against the spread this season. San Diego State is a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 14.5-point underdogs. Games involving San Diego State have hit the over on four occasions this season. The Aztecs have been the underdog in six games this season, and they have failed to win any of those contests. The Aztecs are this season when entering a game as the underdog by +502 or more on the moneyline.
San Jose State vs. San Diego State Against The Spread & Betting Records
San Jose State
|Point Total AVG||57.3||55.8||58.7|
|Implied Total AVG||34.5||33.0||36.0|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||5-0||3-0||2-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-5||0-2||0-3|
San Diego State
|Point Total AVG||49.0||50.0||47.5|
|Implied Total AVG||30.3||30.8||29.5|
|Moneyline Favorite Record||2-1||1-1||1-0|
|Moneyline Underdog Record||0-6||0-3||0-3|
Players to Watch
San Jose State
- In nine games for the Spartans, Kairee Robinson has run for 919 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns while averaging 7.1 yards per carry.
- Robinson has made a difference in the passing attack, grabbing 16 balls on zero targets for 197 yards and two touchdowns.
- Chevan Cordeiro has hit the gridiron for 10 games in 2023, and he’s tallied 2,126 passing yards, 16 touchdowns, three interceptions and a 60.5% completion percentage.
- When he’s not airing it out, Cordeiro has rushed for 201 yards (20.1 yards per game) and three touchdowns in 10 games.
- Quali Conley has aided the Spartans’ offense by rushing for 592 yards (59.2 yards per carry) and seven rushing touchdowns.
- Conley has collected 250 receiving yards and zero touchdowns on 20 receptions as a pass-catcher.
- Nick Nash has gotten zero targets in 2023 and has turned them into 41 grabs (4.1 per game) for 559 yards and eight TDs in 10 games.
- As part of the Spartans’ defensive unit, Bryun Parham has registered 64 tackles in eight games.
- Jordan Pollard has helped carry the Spartans’ defense with 42 tackles and two interceptions in eight games.
- With 42 tackles, one TFL, and four sacks in 10 games, Tre Smith has been a key part of the Spartans’ defense in 2023.
- The Spartans’ defense has been helped by the play of Tre Jenkins, who has played eight games, compiling one TFL, 38 tackles, and one interception.
San Diego State
- Jalen Mayden has thrown for 1,727 yards (172.7 per game), completing 63.1% of his throws, with nine touchdowns and seven interceptions in 10 games.
- In addition, Mayden has rushed for 401 yards and four TDs.
- On the ground, Jaylon Armstead has scored six touchdowns and picked up 271 yards (30.1 per game).
- In 10 games, Kenan Christon has rushed for 336 yards (33.6 per game) and zero TDs.
- In the passing game, Christon has scored one touchdown, with 24 receptions for 168 yards.
- Mark Redman has 30 receptions for 338 yards (37.6 per game) and three touchdowns in nine games.
- Zyrus Fiaseu has been wreaking havoc on defense, registering 48 tackles, four TFL, and six sacks for the Aztecs.
- Cedarious Barfield has delivered 38 tackles, one TFL, and four interceptions in nine games for the Aztecs.
- Cody Moon has been doing his part on defense, collecting one sack to go with one TFL and 52 tackles for the Aztecs.
- On defense, Dezjhon Malone has compiled 36 tackles, one TFL, one sack, and one interception in nine games.
San Jose State vs. San Diego State Predictions and Pick
San Jose State vs. San Diego State betting card
- Pick ATS:
San Jose State (-14.5)
- Pick OU: Over (49)
How to Bet on San Jose State vs. San Diego State
You can bet on San Jose State vs. San Diego State at every legal online sportsbook. For more college football odds, including moneylines, spreads, over/under totals as well as college football prop odds, check out the latest college football lines as well as our guide to the best college football betting sites.
And if you wanted to check out how much you could win on a $10 bet if you parlayed today’s San Jose State vs. San Diego State picks, don’t forget to check out our free parlay calculator.
Our pick to win this game is San Jose State, and we expect that San Jose State will cover the spread (San Jose State -14.5). Finally, we see the scoring in this one going over the posted total of 49 points.